Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
You have to wonder if the actors ever read what's coming up and are just totally horrified- like all the rumors about the world of poo poo Theon's in for poor Alfie. Hope they like prosthetic noses, etc.!

It says something when Ned Stark gets out pretty drat good comparatively by being beheaded. I don't know what exactly, but something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
I'm curious if anything's changed because of all the analysis and discussion that occurred between books, e.g. Jon is assumed by everyone to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's love child, and hey Aegon could be alive! Boom, Jon gets shivved and Aegon lives and has the same bloodline. But of course there's no way to tell.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Habibi posted:

:wtf: Unlike many here, I've generally been really interested in Dany's storyline, and until now would have confidently said that I'd never skim through or skip her chapters. But...

Same here. I thought she's been interesting and shown some growth and ability to learn from mistakes, which 99% of the other characters are pretty much incapable of. Nevermind all that blood of the dragon/building an army/learning to rule a city poo poo though, Daario has blue hair! :allears:

Ser Barristan Selmy: :ughh:

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The books are great. GRRM is the problem. If only we could take him out of the equation and assemble a team of authors to finish the series in his stead, in a timely fashion. Bret Easton Ellis can handle the creepy sex, clearly, so he's in.

All told from the perspective of the :zombie: Mountain.

I can't remember if I raped her before. Did I rape her already? Huuuuuu

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
A couple of times she talks about her dresses being tighter then they used to be, but that could just be her getting fatter.

Then again, kids are popping out all over the place so who knows.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Brannock posted:

Having Jaime/Cersei being fathered by Aerys though makes the whole Tywin/Jaime/Tyrion father/son thing hell of a lot more tragic, gives us an explanation for Jaime/Cersei's penchant for royal incest babies, explains Cersei's attraction to fire, excessive pride, growing paranoia, insanity, and cruelty - and all of that counting double for Joffrey.

This seems 1000% like something GRRM would do. Bitter as hell irony is his dealio.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
Haha, that makes it sound kind of like child snacking is just a part of Drogon's angry teenage phase. "Oh yeah? Take that mom!"

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

After slogging through literally thousands of pages, can someone answer me: Is Sandor Clegane is still alive?

It's just freaking hard to keep track of so many characters, and the index reads like the lineage entries of the Silmarillion.

Yes. He is most likely here- the huge gimpy dude with the convenient hood over his face.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
Not nearly hosed-up enough. Sansa will have him thrown out the moon door after Littlefinger convinces her the Hound played his role and nudged Joff into killing Ned.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Caufman posted:

There is some suggestion that at least a few of the more impressive structures (explicitly the Wall and Storm's End) were built by Bran the Builder some 8000 years ago. Things from that far back seem to have magical properties, so it's entirely possible that the Eyrie and the Hightower were also built with magic.

Harrenhal, though, almost certainly wasn't since it was built shortly before the Targaryen Conquest, after the Doom of Valyria and the supposed death of magic in the west.

Storm's End definitely has some sort of magic in it's stones as that's the whole reason Davos has to row Melisandre inside the walls. I want to say "welp, so much for magic!" but I guess the point is you've breached the defenses once you're inside the castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
Yeah everything is very much 'you own what you can hold' there. If Dany came back and Rhaegal and Viserion suddenly listened to Selmy instead, you wouldn't be like, "Hey those are hers!" You'd say tough luck and also, awesome.