Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
These books piss me the gently caress off. Why do I keep reading this crap? It's like stabbing my own balls. gently caress GRRM in the rear end with a red hot spear. :argh:

book 4: When she woke the next morning, she was blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So, any bets on the asinine and frustrating way Barristan the Bold is going to die in the next book? He's being way too cool for GRRM universe to live, so I'd assume he's going to die of common dysentery... or get snacked on by dragons while Dany watches but is unable to intervene.

Also, does anyone find it a little bit creepy that GRRM is writing new books at the same time while HBO will be making them into TV series? Some actor looking at GRRM wrong at the set? Uh-oh, next book his or her character is going to die of humiliation and/or buttrape. :smug:

pigdog fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 18, 2011

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Aurubin posted:

This is a sort lemoncakes esque question but do people actually eat lampreys? Lamprey pie seems to be a perennial favorite on either side of the Narrow Sea.
Dunno about pies but around here they eat them roasted.

It has very fatty meat and no bones (just some cartilage). Not a big surprise it used to be a delicacy back in the day.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
The most useful map I've seen has been this:
http://kevinhatch.com/media/kh-asoiaf.pdf

Warning - it has some book spoilers with regards to ownership of various castles and towns, but on the other hand that's the cool part. If you forgot where the hell say Lyddens or Dondarrions or Mallisters came from, you can search the PDF for the names.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

BeigeJacket posted:

The big, wild fucker is described as having a wingspan of 20 feet at one point.
Which is no way enough for a girl to ride along on the back. :colbert:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Iggles posted:

Why don't the Others go around the Wall when the Milkwater freezes?

For real. The wall is really freaking stupid at that climate.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Coldhands is zombie Benjen.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

EC posted:

I'm very curious as to how he's planning on paying all of that gold to the company. 100 thousand golden dragons? Yowza.

He's going to use the mercs to gain a position of power, then send all his debtors to die against a superior enemy force. If they get slain, cool, no more debt. If they win, well, there's the plunder to pay them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Fog Tripper posted:

I kind of agree with you. That said, I wonder if over the past decade he saw all of us sperging about R+L=J and such and chooses to take them in a different direction just to gently caress with us. The little details that lead to conspiracies are great fun, as long as he doesn't yank the carpet from under them.

Regarding R + L = J, I do know what it means, but I did use to wonder what the J was supposed to mean in the Renly + Loras equation. Obscure gay slang for something? :)