Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Harton posted:

Anyone in the northwest Indiana/Chicago region wanna jam? I love the blues but will play anything just to be able to jam with humans. Guitar and vocals here.

I'm not a fan of the blues, but if you'd like I could give you the names of a dozen or so bars that have weekly blues jam sessions. I take it you're in the southeast suburbs of Chicago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Live in northwest Indiana work in the Illinois south suburbs. I've been meaning to find an open mic to go too during the week but I haven't really been looking that hard until I get 4-5 songs I can do by myself. My band broke up about a year ago and I haven't had anybody to play with since. So most of the stuff I knew required other people to make it sound good. Now I've been concentrating on acoustic stuff I can do by myself. Would love to find a person or two to start working on something, playing by myself isn't nearly as much fun and jamming with some cool people.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Hey, dead thread. I'm looking to do just about the same sort of thing as Harton (^^^), but I haven't really done that much with music in about five years. I'd like to get back into it in a 'low-pressure occasional jam and maybe play out every now and then' sort of way. I play guitar and bass (if I have to), and am willing to give playing with any sort of musician in most genres a shot. I don't really care about skill level--I'm not a beginner, but I also don't practice nearly enough. Mistakes are fun!

E: I'm also interested in some singing lessons. I have zero training and am interested in being better than, uh, zero.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2018

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hey all, I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I'm looking for a guitar teacher who specializes in metal, hard rock, and blues rock styles, and ideally can teach me how to apply my theory experience to guitar in a way that's useful.

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003
Hey everyone, I'm in the northern LA area (Santa Clarita Valley) and I'm looking for a guitar teacher. I've been playing off and on for about a year and I'm not very good. I've gotten through about 70% of justinguitar beginner program and fooled around with Rocksmith, but no formal music theory lessons or in person lessons at all. I'm struggling with making seamless chord changes. Anyways, Im a huge punk rock and ska fan and want to learn how to play and sing at the same time. Send me a PM with pricing/availability.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Looking for musicians in the Oklahoma area. I am a rhythm and lead guitar player and singer.

Captain Apollo fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 13, 2015

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

some_admin posted:

I am: semi-skilled multi-instrumentalist hobbyist in Denver Colorado USA

I want: to collaborate and write music/lyrics with other folks in real time or icollaboration and record.

I can be reached at: chughes2002 at gmaildotcom

https://www.aromaticsquid.com/music/music.htm

Just a refresher, also now looking for low volume drummer for blues band meets in west wash park.

If you have a vocal tracks and rhythm guitar track for a song I can add drums,mass, horns, lead, keys, vocals etc. - just send me a track!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I live around Portland/ Corv area, is there someone for someone like me who just wants to get up on stage and blast noise at people? I'm a solo artist and never gigged a day in my life, and have no connections, having just moved here.

I want to meet people who like annoying bloops and screeches and make music with them.

I'm a bassist, looking for a drummer who is into noise and experimenting with electronics. A knowledge of jazz druming would be ideal

I play guitar and keys poorly. Post-punk is my bread and butter, but I want to add chill electronic and jazz, throw em in a blender and have fun.

PM me and we'll talk elsewhere.

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 29, 2015

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

deleted.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 16, 2019

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
Looks like I'll be living in New York City beginning this autumn while my partner goes to grad school. I'm interested in playing bass or rhythm guitar in a band that plays garage rock, punk, surfpunk, or post-hardcore. Basically, if you sound like The Mummies, Jesus Lizard, or early Man or Astro-Man?, I'm there. I have equipment, although coordinating before I get there would be greatly preferred, as I would have the option to leave one amp in long term storage with some family. I would also be very interested in just meeting other musicians who know the lay of the land for DIY shows in NYC - I live in Chicago right now, but I go to infinitely more house shows than bar shows, and I like it that way. I haven't 100% nailed down target neighborhood yet, but Prospect Heights, Brooklyn is pretty likely, as are Astoria, Queens, or maybe a shoebox on the Upper East Side. PM me if you are interested in working together, if you have any leads for where I could see shows, or if I should come see your band.

Supplemental info: I'm also currently playing folk-punk and may or may not seek a collaborator for that in NYC, and I've always wanted to hang out in a big afrobeat or first-wave ska band.

GrunderGretch
Aug 2, 2011
LAS VEGAS

METAL
ROCK
MATH ROCK
POST ROCK
POST POST
ANYTHING.

honestly though, check out my soundcloud and see if you like anything.
I just want someone to jam/write with.

Listen to Ascending by Mia&Monaco #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/miaandmonaco/ascending

Listen to Killer surf. by Mia&Monaco #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/miaandmonaco/killer-surf

Listen to Quite Nights In Familer Cities by Mia&Monaco #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/miaandmonaco/quite-nights-in-familer-cities

That's a taste of different styles.
So... get at me or something

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
I'm looking for a classical guitar instructor in the Boston, MA area.

If anyone has any referrals or leads on instructors that don't charge an arm and a leg a lesson, I'd definitely appreciate. I've played electric guitar for years but am looking to get into the classical guitar and improving my fingerpicking/theory.

E: Also looking to learn how to mix and engineer live/studio music, so if any goons in the Boston area frequently do that kind of thing, let me know!

MikeyLikesIt fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 5, 2015

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
Howdy, goons. I'm a guitar instructor in the SF Bay Area (mostly just San Francisco at this point). I am one of these gentlemen, and I've been a serious guitar teacher since I started my Masters in 2009. These days, I have the luxury of being able to primarily teach classical guitar, though I do enjoy teaching other styles.

Classical guitar is my life, though, and I've finally been teaching for long enough that I'm starting to send my students off to college/conservatory programs, where I think they're going to kick some serious rear end. I also teach in Santa Clara, CA at the California Conservatory of Guitar, where we are training an army of concerto-playing 6 year olds. You only think I am joking.

Email me at mholmeslinder at gmail if you want to try to set up some lessons. My schedule is pretty drat tight these days, but the more private students I teach at home, the better. At the moment, Tuesdays and Fridays are best.

Atomic_Amish
Aug 22, 2005
Spitting Cobra With Hepatitis
Guitarist in the Olympia, Tumwater, Rochester, Centralia area. Past novice, but no expert when it comes to playing.

Love:
Blues
Metal
Doom Metal
Rock

Cant write for beans, but would love to jam with someone.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

If you or anyone you know wants to start piano or saxophone lessons in the Ottawa area, hit me up. http://fortestudio.ca

:)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
So it's come to this (and I hope this is the right place, since it's not lessons or "jamz", per se) - my band still needs a bassist. We do diverse punk rock - some stuff is heavy, some bluesy, some simple and full blast, but all loud and energetic. We gig regularly, not as much as we used to, but having a full-time bassist will hopefully rectify that. We finished recording our third album last month. We got tired of being dicked around and started our own label, which has already put out a comp and few albums. We have a love of horror and a ten-year-old's sense of humor - my nickname for the new record is "More Songs About Lovecraft And Dong." Oh, and we play in costume.

Based out of Baltimore, but don't let that stop you. I commute up from outside DC, myself.

Facebook
ReverbNation
The last album on Soundcloud
The new album, unmixed. Keep this one secret. Or share it with anyone who might be into it. Whichever.

PM me or send a note to the band's FB account. Same goes if you're already in a band on the East Coast and like what you hear on the label.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I live around Portland/ Corv area, is there someone for someone like me who just wants to get up on stage and blast noise at people? I'm a solo artist and never gigged a day in my life, and have no connections, having just moved here.

I want to meet people who like annoying bloops and screeches and make music with them.

I'm a bassist, looking for a drummer who is into noise and experimenting with electronics. A knowledge of jazz druming would be ideal

I play guitar and keys poorly. Post-punk is my bread and butter, but I want to add chill electronic and jazz, throw em in a blender and have fun.

PM me and we'll talk elsewhere.

I play bass at an intermediate level I suppose and electric guitar at a beginner level.

Would you just want someone to jam with? I live in south Washington and I just want someone to study music theory with person to person.

My Skype is EmphaticFrenzy if you want to chat.

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right

Calus fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 11, 2017

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Houston, TX, learning violin and looking to meet other violin players.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Milwaukee, WI - Can sing and learning piano, looking for other musicians to hang with.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Figured I would post in here to try and find a teacher. Looking for a guitar teacher in the south Denver, Colorado area. I've been playing about 4 months so still very much a beginner and would like to focus mainly on technique (fixing any bad habits), and also improving dexterity. I would be open to learning other things like theory as well but I'm not sure if I'm there yet. If someone is interested than feel free to PM me or we can exchange emails.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Any vocalists/writers in eugene, oregon? I'm a guitarist in a gigging band that wants to start a side project. I'd love to find someone who also plays an instrument but I'm not choosy.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Any instrumentalists/vocalists/producers with an interest in sample based hip-hop in the Sacramento area? I don't have very many people I know that are into music and production near me and would love to share what I know and collaborate with like-minded individuals. I have been teaching myself Ableton for about 5 years now, playing guitar since I was 15, and just recently started researching and experimenting with sampling.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

some_admin posted:

Just a refresher, also now looking for low volume drummer for blues band meets in west wash park.

If you have a vocal tracks and rhythm guitar track for a song I can add drums,mass, horns, lead, keys, vocals etc. - just send me a track!

New web site, Still in Denver Colorado, still looking for a drummer and a bass player for rock/blues stuff.
https://chughes2002.wixsite.com/aromaticsquid

Mencils
Mar 12, 2012
Victoria, BC. Down to teach or jam. I play guitar and electric bass, sing, and play a bit of drums. Have a personal music project and experience in playing open mic bands.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Providence, RI. It's small here. I do house tracks. I play less and fiddle more with sounds since I work primarly in DAW. Looking for someone into this and who would want to collab and pingpong ideas.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Denver, CO here (technically Broomfield but I’m in Denver all the time). Not sure if anyone checks the thread, but I could use a good metal guitar teacher who can handle an intermediate player.

Also if any folks want to play metal (metalcore, proggy stuff, melodic hardcore, etc) that’d be awesome.

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
If anyone in Cincinnati OH wants to play tango music, you are welcome to come to the weekly jam I run!

The most common tango instruments are piano, cello, viola, violin, accordion, bandoneon, and upright bass. Acoustic guitar, brass & woodwind instruments, and chromatic harmonica are used as well. (Sorry, drummers.)

https://www.tomhorwath.com/tangojam

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I live in Atlanta, specifically Decatur. I am mainly a guitarist, but decent on bass and various sorts of production.
Looking for other musicians to jam with, or to compose some music with.
Very into Stereolab and Neu, Harmonia, And Black Moth Super Rainbow.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I know this thread isn't super active, but if there are any Ottawa, Ontario goons out there looking to jam/collaborate or anything, hit me up. I'm a bassist that has dabbled in guitar and drums, mostly looking to meet some more musicians as I moved here last summer and have decided my bass doesn't need to collect dust anymore. I've got PM's if anyone is in the area.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
If anyone is available for Skype lessons during quarantine (I'm in Austin, TX so I'm on Central time), I'm looking for a teacher to meet with a couple times a month. I exclusively play fingerstyle (poorly) and am looking to improve my form and technique as I am completely self-taught and using online resources at the moment. The style of music I'm most interested in playing is folk stuff in the manner of Gordon Lightfoot/Jim Croche/Simon and Garfunkel/etc. along with a lot of Celtic fingerstyle arrangements.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I have no idea if anyone will read this or if music still exists in quarantine but I play the saxophone and would be interested in online or possible in person jamming and also... might be able to teach extremely basic technique? The only teaching I did before was when I was the section leader of the high school band (yeah be jealous). I am in Southern California. PM me if interested.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
If you’re curious about ninjam, I’ve left a server running with some loops for a little project in this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933824

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It'd have to be online, unless someone lives in the Paris, France area but I'm ready to make my own music (I posted here over 6 years ago!), just for fun, and I finally feel like I know enough bass to be a good-enough amateur. My dad give me an old Boss Dr-880 drum machine that seems pretty capable and I'm learning how to use it.

I'd love to hook up with anyone with anything melodic. Big fan of punk and would probably do something in that vein.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hi Musicians Lounge, the circus is in town - come display your skills!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I am a longtime guitar teacher and guitar tech who also has a background in pro audio. My specialty is teaching people how to work on their guitars remotely- particularly teaching how to do setups. I've done it with hundreds of people in various facebook groups I'm in, and I'm willing to extend this offer to goonfriends. If you're interested DM me and I'll link you to my scheduling website and we can set something up. Free to goon homies.

The Dark Wind posted:

Denver, CO here (technically Broomfield but I’m in Denver all the time). Not sure if anyone checks the thread, but I could use a good metal guitar teacher who can handle an intermediate player.

Also if any folks want to play metal (metalcore, proggy stuff, melodic hardcore, etc) that’d be awesome.

I'm from there originally. If you really want an absolute monster of a teacher, hook up with Greg Burgess from Allegaeon. https://www.instagram.com/greggoroth/
There are a few other god tier teachers around you, but Greg is the cream of the crop.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It'd have to be online, unless someone lives in the Paris, France area but I'm ready to make my own music (I posted here over 6 years ago!), just for fun, and I finally feel like I know enough bass to be a good-enough amateur. My dad give me an old Boss Dr-880 drum machine that seems pretty capable and I'm learning how to use it.

I'd love to hook up with anyone with anything melodic. Big fan of punk and would probably do something in that vein.

This is extremely up my alley. Would love to write some poo poo. I've been writing stuff lately influenced by hardcore punk, industrial, noise, and jazz. I can play guitar and various synths

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I'm on the east coast, the Delmarva peninsula in MD, specifically. I dabble in electronic drums and stuff. I have a very bad attitude but I'm very polite. I would ultimately prefer to play in just a thong or a swimsuit or something. Not mandatory, not DTF. But ideally I'd like to have people I can feel comfortable playing with and let it all hang out, so to speak.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 19, 2021

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Gosh. I can move to chicago at anytime. My company already gave me the money and I love it there. But there is this girl in north idaho that's got me all upside down. If and when that goes south, I'm coming out there to play with y'all.

I play guitar, bass, keys, sax all to at least intermediate to advanced. I also have a few years experience working as a professional engineer in studios (in chicago) and have a pretty good gear collection.

I can read and write music, good on theory, EE by training, but here's the catch. I absolutely love and only play soul, motown, rnb, gospel and disco.

2 year old photo. It's never this clean..

Basic Poster fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

I'm on the east coast, the Delmarva peninsula in MD, specifically. I dabble in electronic drums and stuff. I have a very bad attitude but I'm very polite. I would ultimately prefer to play in just a thong or a swimsuit or something. Not mandatory, not DTF. But ideally I'd like to have people I can feel comfortable playing with and let it all hang out, so to speak.

Charge J/o crystals?