Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Charge J/o crystals?

Not right now, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Basic Poster posted:

Gosh. I can move to chicago at anytime. My company already gave me the money and I love it there. But there is this girl in north idaho that's got me all upside down. If and when that goes south, I'm coming out there to play with y'all.

I play guitar, bass, keys, sax all to at least intermediate to advanced. I also have a few years experience working as a professional engineer in studios (in chicago) and have a pretty good gear collection.

I can read and write music, good on theory, EE by training, but here's the catch. I absolutely love and only play soul, motown, rnb, gospel and disco.

2 year old photo. It's never this clean..

hit me up if/when you move, i’m a drummer and down to jam

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Anyone near Grand Rapids? Moving there in the next 2-3 months. Need a new band.

https://www.bandmix.com/puffindown/

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Chicago had the best night life of any town I've lived in, except possibly NOLA. I'm envying young musicians getting together up there.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Lol I just moved out of northwest Indiana. Was right by Chicago.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Harton posted:

Lol I just moved out of northwest Indiana. Was right by Chicago.

Well I used to party up in MI a bit too. More like Ypsi though. That is a rockin town.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’m excited for it, only sad part is that I really found a killer band right before we sold our house. Job offer out of the blue too good to pass up and I had to quit 2 bands.

Hopefully I can put another one together, it’s gotten a lot easier since I started singing instead of just playing guitar. Singers can be tough to find.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Harton posted:

I’m excited for it, only sad part is that I really found a killer band right before we sold our house. Job offer out of the blue too good to pass up and I had to quit 2 bands.

Hopefully I can put another one together, it’s gotten a lot easier since I started singing instead of just playing guitar. Singers can be tough to find.

Hence the genius of khruangbin. Just murmur lines from romancing the stone and you got it.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Lol now if only I could write something

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Harton posted:

Lol now if only I could write something

What's your instrument?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Guitar and vocals

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Basic Poster posted:

2 year old photo. It's never this clean..

I'm moving to a new house and need to setup my studio again. What's that triple keyboard rack on the right?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

khysanth posted:

I'm moving to a new house and need to setup my studio again. What's that triple keyboard rack on the right?

Like the stand itself? I think it's an ultimate brand.

The keys on them are top to bottom are a roland juno 1, dx7 and a korg karma on the bottom. Other side has a drumtrax, prophet 8 and nord stage 2..

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Yea the stand brand, thanks!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Like the stand itself? I think it's an ultimate brand.

The keys on them are top to bottom are a roland juno 1, dx7 and a korg karma on the bottom. Other side has a drumtrax, prophet 8 and nord stage 2..

Wow, :envy: do you have any recordings anywhere I can listen?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
I had a sound cloud that got blown up. I had a bunch of DJ mixes on there too and they got real agressive when industry came after them. It was a long time ago (8 years) so not really.

I posted a thing over in the bass thread that was just asking for a BASS assist on something, but it was an excersize thing more than a production. I will produce out one of my half baked ideas and throw it up tomorrow for you. This is good, get me to actually finish something rather than just having a hundred half cocked things.

I cleaned up the studio and took a panorama for a co worker...of course the space is untreated and sounds bad, but mostly in headphones, unless I'm just working out parts.

I'll probably make a new soundcloud tomorrow so I can goon post guilt free.

Here is my old one, I think only one thing remained after all the copyright actions. Its another mix tape, but I did do synth and drums overdubs on it here and there, but generally indicitive of the things I like, or adjacent to it 8 years on I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/vereaux/summer-not-summer-december

e: the poster on the wall in the image, I compiled the material from multiple places and it worked for me then, but I'd like to redo some stuff in inkscape if I get the chance. I think this should work if anyone wants it? If not I can kick out the svg.

https://tinyurl.com/wb6p8zfy

Basic Poster fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 8, 2021

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
I'm currently spending quite a bit of time tinkering with ableton, making loops and songs and such. I have this feeling though, that if I had someone to tinker with, I would be way more creative and prone to crank out cooler ideas. Unfortunately, no one I know locally has ableton or cares much about producing anything, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone would be down to collaborate on some tracks over the web. Ableton's site lists 5 ways to do it: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012680119-Best-Practices-for-Collaborating-Remotely so it is possible to do it live which would be awesome. Is anyone down?

Edit: I'm running Live 11 Suite, in case it matters.
Edit 2: looks like NINJAM isn't developed any more but I did find this article, which looks promising: https://www.chrismacpherson.net/music/syncing-studios-remotely-using-rtpmidi-and-jamulus/

Back of the Bus fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 8, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Back of the Bus posted:

I'm currently spending quite a bit of time tinkering with ableton, making loops and songs and such. I have this feeling though, that if I had someone to tinker with, I would be way more creative and prone to crank out cooler ideas. Unfortunately, no one I know locally has ableton or cares much about producing anything, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone would be down to collaborate on some tracks over the web. Ableton's site lists 5 ways to do it: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012680119-Best-Practices-for-Collaborating-Remotely so it is possible to do it live which would be awesome. Is anyone down?

Edit: I'm running Live 11 Suite, in case it matters.
Edit 2: looks like NINJAM isn't developed any more but I did find this article, which looks promising: https://www.chrismacpherson.net/music/syncing-studios-remotely-using-rtpmidi-and-jamulus/

What's your physical location?

Basic Poster posted:

I had a sound cloud that got blown up. I had a bunch of DJ mixes on there too and they got real agressive when industry came after them. It was a long time ago (8 years) so not really.

I posted a thing over in the bass thread that was just asking for a BASS assist on something, but it was an excersize thing more than a production. I will produce out one of my half baked ideas and throw it up tomorrow for you. This is good, get me to actually finish something rather than just having a hundred half cocked things.

I cleaned up the studio and took a panorama for a co worker...of course the space is untreated and sounds bad, but mostly in headphones, unless I'm just working out parts.

I'll probably make a new soundcloud tomorrow so I can goon post guilt free.

Here is my old one, I think only one thing remained after all the copyright actions. Its another mix tape, but I did do synth and drums overdubs on it here and there, but generally indicitive of the things I like, or adjacent to it 8 years on I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/vereaux/summer-not-summer-december

e: the poster on the wall in the image, I compiled the material from multiple places and it worked for me then, but I'd like to redo some stuff in inkscape if I get the chance. I think this should work if anyone wants it? If not I can kick out the svg.

https://tinyurl.com/wb6p8zfy

Wow, you're the first person I've come across who got cease and desisted or whatever you call it. Yeah, making DJ mixes is illegal, as is making mixtapes for your friends. Capital won't have us just enjoying ourselves all willy-nilly. Thanks for sharing that, it helps make up for that (sic) lovely AV of yours.

Capital doesn't even like music. It's all just petty luxury hard goods, no more valuable than any other plastic garbage.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 8, 2021

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

What's your physical location?

Wow, you're the first person I've come across who got cease and desisted or whatever you call it. Yeah, making DJ mixes is illegal, as is making mixtapes for your friends. Capital won't have us just enjoying ourselves all willy-nilly. Thanks for sharing that, it helps make up for that (sic) lovely AV of yours.

Capital doesn't even like music. It's all just petty luxury hard goods, no more valuable than any other plastic garbage.

Yeah lol they won't. I've ran into a few such unpleasantries in the industry. With SoundCloud I didn't get a c and d....just straight up deleted poo poo and sent me an email that said they deleted poo poo.

Sorry about the AV. I'm due a new one. Maybe today is my day.

To the poster above, I'm running Ableton 11 as well. I've never used any of the live jamming stuff, and in general wouldn't. I don't even like "jamming" in real life. But if love to trade stems and Ableton projects back and forth if you'd like. PM me for such stuff if you like.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Yeah lol they won't. I've ran into a few such unpleasantries in the industry. With SoundCloud I didn't get a c and d....just straight up deleted poo poo and sent me an email that said they deleted poo poo.

Sorry about the AV. I'm due a new one. Maybe today is my day.

Wow, but at least they didn't pursue it further. And your AV is just needing to go play some tetris and calm down or something.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

I did do a couple of scratch prints. After reading Ralph Muphys book (Muphys Laws of Songwriting: The Book) which I recommend (its written like garbage but has good info) I am a bit remiss to throw stuff up on SC. Apparantly that counts as digitial distribution and when it comes to having first rights of who you can say performs it publically first is out the window according to the Library of Congress and US copyright law. Not that anyone would steal my garbage...but just...good practice for the unlikely event I make something good.

Anyway, I do have them behind a google drive link of anyone wants to check them out to see if you'd like to collaborate because there is some sort of stylistic fit, PM me and I'll kick over the link.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I have a bit of an odd request or maybe it isn't. I need a sort of casual helper/teacher to help me out with my guitar playing. And by casual, I just mean it doesn't need to be actual sit down on video lessons every week or whatever, I just want someone to pester over discord/facebook/or however that I can ask a lot of questions to and have them tell me what to do/practice, that sort of thing. The 2 big things for me are learning theory, and learning how to play with a metronome/in time or whatever. I can't even properly identify the beats/measures in songs in basic 4/4 stuff, and while I can play simple 1,2,3 or 4 notes per beat exercises to a metronome fine, I have no idea what I'm doing when I want to practice an actual song. I was trying to learn Tornado Of Souls intro last night, and while I was doing okay playing it in general, and even to the song itself(well it's a bit too fast for me to string skip well), I got immediately overwhelmed when I tried to break it down and play to a click, even slowed way down. And that happens with a ton of songs because there's always a lot of offbeat notes and stuff so it's never as simple as a typical exercise or something would be. Someone please help me learn how to learn. I'm happy to throw down some bucks for compensation.

Another example of me being bad - I got somewhat okay at playing the rhythm of Symphony of Destruction. I can play along fairly well in Rocksmith, or to the song, but if I try to play a guitarless backing track, I get lost pretty easy because I don't know how to play to the beat.

e: I've already been taking lessons at my local guitar store, but I don't feel like I'm getting much from them. I've asked some of this stuff to him, and he just usually gives a bit of a random answer that doesn't help much and he wants to go back to spending 90% of the lesson showing me riffs and stuff to practice.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 13, 2021

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I have a bit of an odd request or maybe it isn't. I need a sort of casual helper/teacher to help me out with my guitar playing. And by casual, I just mean it doesn't need to be actual sit down on video lessons every week or whatever, I just want someone to pester over discord/facebook/or however that I can ask a lot of questions to and have them tell me what to do/practice, that sort of thing. The 2 big things for me are learning theory, and learning how to play with a metronome/in time or whatever. I can't even properly identify the beats/measures in songs in basic 4/4 stuff, and while I can play simple 1,2,3 or 4 notes per beat exercises to a metronome fine, I have no idea what I'm doing when I want to practice an actual song. I was trying to learn Tornado Of Souls intro last night, and while I was doing okay playing it in general, and even to the song itself(well it's a bit too fast for me to string skip well), I got immediately overwhelmed when I tried to break it down and play to a click, even slowed way down. And that happens with a ton of songs because there's always a lot of offbeat notes and stuff so it's never as simple as a typical exercise or something would be. Someone please help me learn how to learn. I'm happy to throw down some bucks for compensation.

Another example of me being bad - I got somewhat okay at playing the rhythm of Symphony of Destruction. I can play along fairly well in Rocksmith, or to the song, but if I try to play a guitarless backing track, I get lost pretty easy because I don't know how to play to the beat.

e: I've already been taking lessons at my local guitar store, but I don't feel like I'm getting much from them. I've asked some of this stuff to him, and he just usually gives a bit of a random answer that doesn't help much and he wants to go back to spending 90% of the lesson showing me riffs and stuff to practice.

Do you think you might be beat deaf? Worth a bit of reading to see if that sounds like a fit or not. For me...basic rhythm knowledge came pretty innate (doesn't mean I keep great time all the time...but you can read about it and see if it strikes a chord, yuck yuck)

If you end up short of volunteers feel free to pm me. I've had a fair amount of classical training on guitar and bass and can certainly out some rudimentary excercize.

How long have you been playing?

Also, are you trying to shred through metal solos? Or just playing chords? I'll say that a lot of rock and metal tends to have quite a bit of rhythmic complexity in both rhythm and lead. Not always the case, but more likely that in some other genres.

Are you aware of the difference between beat, pulse, meter and signature?

My first guess would be maybe you are leaping in terms of complexity and might just need to do some more rudimentary excercize (especially drum rudiments!) To get your internal sense of pulse, meter and common structure internalized to long term memory.

There are for sure better people here...but if you come up with nothing, I'd be happy to try and buff a few things out with you over zoom.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Basic Poster posted:

Do you think you might be beat deaf? Worth a bit of reading to see if that sounds like a fit or not. For me...basic rhythm knowledge came pretty innate (doesn't mean I keep great time all the time...but you can read about it and see if it strikes a chord, yuck yuck)

If you end up short of volunteers feel free to pm me. I've had a fair amount of classical training on guitar and bass and can certainly out some rudimentary excercize.

How long have you been playing?

Also, are you trying to shred through metal solos? Or just playing chords? I'll say that a lot of rock and metal tends to have quite a bit of rhythmic complexity in both rhythm and lead. Not always the case, but more likely that in some other genres.

Are you aware of the difference between beat, pulse, meter and signature?

My first guess would be maybe you are leaping in terms of complexity and might just need to do some more rudimentary excercize (especially drum rudiments!) To get your internal sense of pulse, meter and common structure internalized to long term memory.

There are for sure better people here...but if you come up with nothing, I'd be happy to try and buff a few things out with you over zoom.

It's a bit late, so I might not be able to answer all those questions thoroughly just yet. But firstly, what is beat deaf? Is that an actual disability of sorts or just a term from someone who doesn't take to hearing a beat very well? I'll read about it when I can. I've been playing guitar on and off for a long time(But I just picked it up recently a few months ago after a several year break), but I was always just a noodler. I play mainly metal, but it's usually not the solos, although I would like to. For instance Death is my favorite band/thing to play. I'm doing okay and making progress on just playing the songs, and some of it along to the song, I'm just bad at hearing and matching up to a pulse if that makes sense. But I can match up to another guitar. And I don't know the difference in any of those terms, it's why I think if I had someone to just kind of explain it here and there, and help start me off, I probably wouldn't be so overwhelmed. And yeah, I kind of suspect I need to start fairly simple with this whole playing to a beat thing.

e: From what I could tell of a 4 minute video, I don't think I'm full on beat death. I still enjoy music, and like to bob my head along and stuff. I'm just not good at all at keeping time. Back when I was a kid and picking up guitar/drums/bass with all my buddies, everyone could naturally pick up on beats and stuff better than I could. I also have always had trouble isolating sounds out of any kind of mixture, whether it be music, or someone talking to me in a loud environment, etc, which I feel is related.

e2: I also enjoy writing music a bit, and have a bunch of guitar pro files I've tabbed out with guitar/bass/drums and stuff. It probably sucks but I would one day like to actually record it and hear it for real rather than me just playing it on guitar or hearing the .midi playback in GP. But I need to obviously learn how to play correctly to do that and it not sound like poo poo(although I could always just play to the GP track to keep in time, but I feel like that's a crutch)

e3: Thinking on this some more, and the hardest part about the whole metronome thing, is counting and keeping track of the ticks while I play, actually. I don't really sing, but singing and playing guitar is also incredibly difficult to me. I'm not sure if my issue is a rhythm thing, I feel like I can gallop and stuff on the guitar pretty well.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 13, 2021

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

It's a bit late, so I might not be able to answer all those questions thoroughly just yet. But firstly, what is beat deaf? Is that an actual disability of sorts or just a term from someone who doesn't take to hearing a beat very well? I'll read about it when I can. I've been playing guitar on and off for a long time(But I just picked it up recently a few months ago after a several year break), but I was always just a noodler. I play mainly metal, but it's usually not the solos, although I would like to. For instance Death is my favorite band/thing to play. I'm doing okay and making progress on just playing the songs, and some of it along to the song, I'm just bad at hearing and matching up to a pulse if that makes sense. But I can match up to another guitar. And I don't know the difference in any of those terms, it's why I think if I had someone to just kind of explain it here and there, and help start me off, I probably wouldn't be so overwhelmed. And yeah, I kind of suspect I need to start fairly simple with this whole playing to a beat thing.

e: From what I could tell of a 4 minute video, I don't think I'm full on beat death. I still enjoy music, and like to bob my head along and stuff. I'm just not good at all at keeping time. Back when I was a kid and picking up guitar/drums/bass with all my buddies, everyone could naturally pick up on beats and stuff better than I could. I also have always had trouble isolating sounds out of any kind of mixture, whether it be music, or someone talking to me in a loud environment, etc, which I feel is related.

e2: I also enjoy writing music a bit, and have a bunch of guitar pro files I've tabbed out with guitar/bass/drums and stuff. It probably sucks but I would one day like to actually record it and hear it for real rather than me just playing it on guitar or hearing the .midi playback in GP. But I need to obviously learn how to play correctly to do that and it not sound like poo poo(although I could always just play to the GP track to keep in time, but I feel like that's a crutch)

Hrmmm, it sounds to me like you just need more support/training on subdivision. Really slow clicks are often even harder to play to, especially if you've got a lot of offbeat-type stuff going on. If you have a metronome that can support subdivision I'd recommend turning that on and seeing if it helps you stay on track. Here's one that can do it: https://theonlinemetronome.com/free-online-metronome.html

Learning to play to a pulse is absolutely a skill and a tricky one to pick up. And unfortunately, it's one of those skills that once you learn it it's really hard to comprehend what it feels like to not have it learned so people often suck at teaching it. If I'm understanding where you're at correctly, instead of trying to play a whole-rear end song, try just grooving on one chord/note to a metronome set at say, 80. First just try and match note to click exactly, then try subdividing with two notes per click. Then try skipping the click and just playing the 2nd subdivision (offbeats). It'll sound like a ska guitar lol. Then maybe try with scales or basic chord progressions, and then after that maybe try tackling a song again.

I don't think you're beat deaf either, otherwise something like Rocksmith would probably be impossible for you.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Hawkperson posted:

Hrmmm, it sounds to me like you just need more support/training on subdivision. Really slow clicks are often even harder to play to, especially if you've got a lot of offbeat-type stuff going on. If you have a metronome that can support subdivision I'd recommend turning that on and seeing if it helps you stay on track. Here's one that can do it: https://theonlinemetronome.com/free-online-metronome.html

Learning to play to a pulse is absolutely a skill and a tricky one to pick up. And unfortunately, it's one of those skills that once you learn it it's really hard to comprehend what it feels like to not have it learned so people often suck at teaching it. If I'm understanding where you're at correctly, instead of trying to play a whole-rear end song, try just grooving on one chord/note to a metronome set at say, 80. First just try and match note to click exactly, then try subdividing with two notes per click. Then try skipping the click and just playing the 2nd subdivision (offbeats). It'll sound like a ska guitar lol. Then maybe try with scales or basic chord progressions, and then after that maybe try tackling a song again.

I don't think you're beat deaf either, otherwise something like Rocksmith would probably be impossible for you.

Yeah, I actually noticed that learning Tornado Of Souls last night. I can sometimes play through with the song at full speed without messing it up(well the first harmonic string skipping riff, the 2nd intro riff is even harder imo), but I had it at 50% speed trying to play to the click and was having trouble, slowed it down to 25% and it was even harder. About 60-70% felt like the sweet spot. It's just the clicks line up with some notes that don't "stand out" if that makes sense, and it was making it difficult. Probably didn't help I was learning a new riff as well, so my brain was trying to do 2 new things at once.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I might message you at some point and take you up on that. I work a lot, so I only ever get days off every other weekend, otherwise I typically am tired and only have a couple hours every night available to play and mess around.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

great vid on learning rhythm https://youtu.be/qIfD7ZN5FYI

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Harton posted:

Singers can be tough to find.

My hard rock band has been looking for a singer for about a year now, we've had probably 2 dozen people show interest and then they all flaked out and ghosted us at the last minute. I think people just get nervous.

Anyway, if anybody knows a decent singer in the Boston area, we're still looking. At this point I will probably start taking vocal lessons because I'm eager to start gigging, maybe I could learn to sing faster than we can find someone else to do it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Okay look, I'll put some clothes on. But I'm looking for folks to gently caress around with electronic instruments with. I'm not interested in making money off of it, I just want to make art and have fun. I'm located on the eastern shore, MD. I like to stay up all night and play by moonlight. Gimme a holler. Not DTF, I'm married. And I just bought my first synth.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I’m in Chicagoland with a basement full of synthesizers and drum machines.

Interested in making industrial, EBM, dark wave, synth pop, what have you.

Not much technical skill (I only picked up this habit/hobby last year) but would love to collaborate with someone more experienced.

Would also like someone to show me the ropes when it comes to stuff like songwriting, arrangement, and so on.

I’m lots of fun, I promise!

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Greetings assholes, I am in Northern Virginia and I play guitar and bass, have learned keys in the past and could relearn them. Also willing to get & learn drums (in fact happy for a good excuse to do so). I could probably sing but I know I can't do it while playing an instrument. I would play any type of jazz, bebop, fusion, classic rock, alternative rock, funk, soul, etc, etc. Older-style country music would be okay too. Can't shred real fast but otherwise I'm okay, but limited experience playing with others

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Greetings assholes, I am in Northern Virginia and I play guitar and bass, have learned keys in the past and could relearn them. Also willing to get & learn drums (in fact happy for a good excuse to do so). I could probably sing but I know I can't do it while playing an instrument. I would play any type of jazz, bebop, fusion, classic rock, alternative rock, funk, soul, etc, etc. Older-style country music would be okay too. Can't shred real fast but otherwise I'm okay, but limited experience playing with others

Hey greetings you doofus.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

PM sent you trout sniffer :wave:

e: oh I read through the last couple pages of this slow-rear end thread and it answered everything in the PM already. Unfortunately I think you're just a bit too far away

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 18, 2021

lmbo calrissian
Feb 1, 2007

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Hello fools. I'm looking for a guitar teacher in Los Angeles county area. I'm in the eastern most part of the city. Someone who could get to know and work from the knowledge level I already have. I'm also interested in learning keyboard perhaps as a supplemental tool. I'm not v interested in learning to read sheet music.

I'm very skeptical about lessons from a guitar store. But ultimately I'm looking for in person.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I might as well mention, I've been amassing a pretty huge record collection and I'm interested in providing samples for any negativeland wannabees like myself out there. PM me.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

I might as well mention, I've been amassing a pretty huge record collection and I'm interested in providing samples for any negativeland wannabees like myself out there. PM me.

My man! Who knew we had so much in common. I'ma post an edit of my sitch. I moved into this place in November and not everything is plugged in or out...but I'm down to brolab on anything.

My production skills are pretty good but my ears aren't (can't mix well)

Buy I'm down to bounce stems with all of y'all.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

My man! Who knew we had so much in common. I'ma post an edit of my sitch. I moved into this place in November and not everything is plugged in or out...but I'm down to brolab on anything.

My production skills are pretty good but my ears aren't (can't mix well)

Buy I'm down to bounce stems with all of y'all.

Oh cool! You can PM me about it too. I see no particular reason why we couldn't collab despite being 3000 miles apart.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Here's me just recently getting set up in the new space. Just have a bass out, every else is still in cases and not sure what stand scenario I should get because the wall hooks don't really work in here...

Here is a poster I made in inkscape if anyone would like the SVG. Have my permission to alter to taste.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Here's me just recently getting set up in the new space. Just have a bass out, every else is still in cases and not sure what stand scenario I should get because the wall hooks don't really work in here...

Here is a poster I made in inkscape if anyone would like the SVG. Have my permission to alter to taste.

If you are offering I'm interested, that looks like a really awesome chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah I have access to a plotter. Please share.