Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
Jazz Marimba, Minto Took, and MSPaintClock - what parts of the city are you in? I haven't played with people since I moved to Logan Square in October. If this jazz thing is moving forward, I could try and clean a few years worth of dust off this saxophone case and see if I can pick up where I left off. I had taken to electric guitar and bass for a while, but I'm a little light on gear since I left my amp & cab in St Louis with my dad and only brought the 10 watt with me. Besides, I've been meaning to get back into sax forever, and definitely don't have the chops to step right into a heavy-duty group.

Jazzy interests range from the lounge variety (Frenchy) to the hosed up variety (Last Exit), making sure to hit Pharoah Sanders, both Coltranes, Sun Ra, and so on along the way.

Hit me up at staggs.dan@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
Looks like I'll be living in New York City beginning this autumn while my partner goes to grad school. I'm interested in playing bass or rhythm guitar in a band that plays garage rock, punk, surfpunk, or post-hardcore. Basically, if you sound like The Mummies, Jesus Lizard, or early Man or Astro-Man?, I'm there. I have equipment, although coordinating before I get there would be greatly preferred, as I would have the option to leave one amp in long term storage with some family. I would also be very interested in just meeting other musicians who know the lay of the land for DIY shows in NYC - I live in Chicago right now, but I go to infinitely more house shows than bar shows, and I like it that way. I haven't 100% nailed down target neighborhood yet, but Prospect Heights, Brooklyn is pretty likely, as are Astoria, Queens, or maybe a shoebox on the Upper East Side. PM me if you are interested in working together, if you have any leads for where I could see shows, or if I should come see your band.

Supplemental info: I'm also currently playing folk-punk and may or may not seek a collaborator for that in NYC, and I've always wanted to hang out in a big afrobeat or first-wave ska band.