Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnSugarHill
Aug 13, 2013
Hey guys, I'm new here but I thought I'd make a post in here.

I'm a guitarist from San Diego. I'm in North County. I am seeking more students. I have my Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance. I have the privilege of studying with Ron Eschete for 4 years while I was in school at CSULB. My main style is jazz, but I also love playing blues, rock, funk, etc. I'm very big into chords and harmony, being a jazz player. I'm very into improvising and the music theory behind playing over chord changes. My lessons are essentially a mixture of the following components:

-Guitar technique
-Ear Training
-Music Theory
-Improvising
-Rhythmic Exercises

I'm very passionate about teaching and very passionate about making my students become better musicians. My philsophy has always been to let the music drive the technique, and not let the technique drive the music. In other words, understanding the melody/harmony behind a song is far more important than being able to play a billion notes per second!

I'm also looking for people to play with. I go to some of the jazz jam sessions around San Diego. If any of you guys need a guitarist to play with, hit me up!

zshahguitar at gmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU