Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I'm on the east coast, the Delmarva peninsula in MD, specifically. I dabble in electronic drums and stuff. I have a very bad attitude but I'm very polite. I would ultimately prefer to play in just a thong or a swimsuit or something. Not mandatory, not DTF. But ideally I'd like to have people I can feel comfortable playing with and let it all hang out, so to speak.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Charge J/o crystals?

Not right now, thanks.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Chicago had the best night life of any town I've lived in, except possibly NOLA. I'm envying young musicians getting together up there.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Harton posted:

Lol I just moved out of northwest Indiana. Was right by Chicago.

Well I used to party up in MI a bit too. More like Ypsi though. That is a rockin town.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Like the stand itself? I think it's an ultimate brand.

The keys on them are top to bottom are a roland juno 1, dx7 and a korg karma on the bottom. Other side has a drumtrax, prophet 8 and nord stage 2..

Wow, :envy: do you have any recordings anywhere I can listen?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Back of the Bus posted:

I'm currently spending quite a bit of time tinkering with ableton, making loops and songs and such. I have this feeling though, that if I had someone to tinker with, I would be way more creative and prone to crank out cooler ideas. Unfortunately, no one I know locally has ableton or cares much about producing anything, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone would be down to collaborate on some tracks over the web. Ableton's site lists 5 ways to do it: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012680119-Best-Practices-for-Collaborating-Remotely so it is possible to do it live which would be awesome. Is anyone down?

Edit: I'm running Live 11 Suite, in case it matters.
Edit 2: looks like NINJAM isn't developed any more but I did find this article, which looks promising: https://www.chrismacpherson.net/music/syncing-studios-remotely-using-rtpmidi-and-jamulus/

What's your physical location?

Basic Poster posted:

I had a sound cloud that got blown up. I had a bunch of DJ mixes on there too and they got real agressive when industry came after them. It was a long time ago (8 years) so not really.

I posted a thing over in the bass thread that was just asking for a BASS assist on something, but it was an excersize thing more than a production. I will produce out one of my half baked ideas and throw it up tomorrow for you. This is good, get me to actually finish something rather than just having a hundred half cocked things.

I cleaned up the studio and took a panorama for a co worker...of course the space is untreated and sounds bad, but mostly in headphones, unless I'm just working out parts.

I'll probably make a new soundcloud tomorrow so I can goon post guilt free.

Here is my old one, I think only one thing remained after all the copyright actions. Its another mix tape, but I did do synth and drums overdubs on it here and there, but generally indicitive of the things I like, or adjacent to it 8 years on I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/vereaux/summer-not-summer-december

e: the poster on the wall in the image, I compiled the material from multiple places and it worked for me then, but I'd like to redo some stuff in inkscape if I get the chance. I think this should work if anyone wants it? If not I can kick out the svg.

https://tinyurl.com/wb6p8zfy

Wow, you're the first person I've come across who got cease and desisted or whatever you call it. Yeah, making DJ mixes is illegal, as is making mixtapes for your friends. Capital won't have us just enjoying ourselves all willy-nilly. Thanks for sharing that, it helps make up for that (sic) lovely AV of yours.

Capital doesn't even like music. It's all just petty luxury hard goods, no more valuable than any other plastic garbage.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 8, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Yeah lol they won't. I've ran into a few such unpleasantries in the industry. With SoundCloud I didn't get a c and d....just straight up deleted poo poo and sent me an email that said they deleted poo poo.

Sorry about the AV. I'm due a new one. Maybe today is my day.

Wow, but at least they didn't pursue it further. And your AV is just needing to go play some tetris and calm down or something.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Okay look, I'll put some clothes on. But I'm looking for folks to gently caress around with electronic instruments with. I'm not interested in making money off of it, I just want to make art and have fun. I'm located on the eastern shore, MD. I like to stay up all night and play by moonlight. Gimme a holler. Not DTF, I'm married. And I just bought my first synth.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Greetings assholes, I am in Northern Virginia and I play guitar and bass, have learned keys in the past and could relearn them. Also willing to get & learn drums (in fact happy for a good excuse to do so). I could probably sing but I know I can't do it while playing an instrument. I would play any type of jazz, bebop, fusion, classic rock, alternative rock, funk, soul, etc, etc. Older-style country music would be okay too. Can't shred real fast but otherwise I'm okay, but limited experience playing with others

Hey greetings you doofus.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I might as well mention, I've been amassing a pretty huge record collection and I'm interested in providing samples for any negativeland wannabees like myself out there. PM me.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

My man! Who knew we had so much in common. I'ma post an edit of my sitch. I moved into this place in November and not everything is plugged in or out...but I'm down to brolab on anything.

My production skills are pretty good but my ears aren't (can't mix well)

Buy I'm down to bounce stems with all of y'all.

Oh cool! You can PM me about it too. I see no particular reason why we couldn't collab despite being 3000 miles apart.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Here's me just recently getting set up in the new space. Just have a bass out, every else is still in cases and not sure what stand scenario I should get because the wall hooks don't really work in here...

Here is a poster I made in inkscape if anyone would like the SVG. Have my permission to alter to taste.

If you are offering I'm interested, that looks like a really awesome chart.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Wow, thanks much! Looks good in IE.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Yep...

So, a few things....to anyone interested, I am sure there are some typos, mistakes, and things that should be changed. I made this a year ago and already want to change a lot, but feel free to edit or whatever.

I had to flatten the image to get it to print. Im not an illiustrator or inkscape guy and this was my first attempt to use either. Im sure the layers are hosed up and wrong and a first year design student would absolutely pan me, but flatten it and it will print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NNCatLq3ydSmFFBuzR-mBxO3F_hSc8qH/view?usp=sharing

e: Ive had worse snipes tbh

Can I crosspost this to CSPAM, I know some of the little tiny goofballs over there will enjoy it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

As long as you tell me where. I love (hate) cspam. Id like to know where so when they point out errors I can correct them or answer questions.

Just dont post in dnd

Probably haven't posted there in 8-10 years LOL

It's in the Trump thread and nobody has responded yet, it's about pg 660. I figured some of those folks were vaguely musically inclined, maybe somebody will use it. Me, I'd like to print it out and pin it up someplace.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Cant find it, but if it quickly became white noise, then nothing to correct or answer!

Tremop!

Click it keep saying "there's no place like Trump" and you'll go there.

petit choux posted:

Hey, user basic poster just put this up in another thread, an orb for your collective rear end to ponder.

Basic Poster posted:

Yep...

So, a few things....to anyone interested, I am sure there are some typos, mistakes, and things that should be changed. I made this a year ago and already want to change a lot, but feel free to edit or whatever.

I had to flatten the image to get it to print. Im not an illiustrator or inkscape guy and this was my first attempt to use either. Im sure the layers are hosed up and wrong and a first year design student would absolutely pan me, but flatten it and it will print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NNCatLq3ydSmFFBuzR-mBxO3F_hSc8qH/view?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

You are super welcome. Let me know if any of it is unclear!

I'm extremely happy that a thing I did has value to good people.

I've never tried visualizing other note intervals as a circle LOL, just fifths. I'm going to be contemplating this orb for a little bit. And I only opened it in IE because my context menu said. I just reopened it in Chrome and it's fine. Imma print it to PDF and get it printed out at an office supply store or something.