Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Any good guitar tutors around south Manchester, England? Failing that can someone recommend a site to find affordable lessons over Skype or preferably, Google hangouts? Mainly interested in metal, blues and a bit of jazz

I bought a £90 stratocaster back in December 2012 and a copy of Rocksmith on advice that it would help me deal with Chronic pain from my bad back. Ended up picking up an Ibanez GRGA42T that was a lot more comfortable to play then tried to teach myself properly using resources mentioned in the Guitar thread, Justinguitar.com, some tab sites and other videos/books.

I think most of my problems are caused by bad posture and general lack of experience with music so some one-to-one advice from someone who knows what they're talking about and are hopefully sober would help. Permanently drunk bass players make great friends but not ideal guitar teachers when they know a grand total of three chords to play on their beat up telecaster with 5 strings and no knobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

PrivRyan posted:

Any online Skype teachers?
I'd like
To get more into learning more theory and if possible some
Guitar lessons as well.

I looked into webcam lessons a while back and couldn't find anything suitable. Then this popped up a couple weeks ago Google Helpouts. Check under Art & Music or search for guitar, you get different results every few days as new tutors become active and others take a break.

They'll be adding Google Glass support in the new year for really complex stuff that works best with a first person viewpoint. Probably not great for guitar but it'll be perfect for piano/keyboard, DIY, electronics and visual art lessons.