Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
Speaking of hockey, the Blue Jackets practiced Monday and Tuesday in Oxford. First time I've shot hockey since last year, so good opportunity to shake some rust off.

This is not how you score fellas.

Even pros are scared of the puck!

Wish he was a righty, but oh well. Was chatting with people during the practice, not necessarily putting myself in all the right places.

All of these taken with a D700 w/ 70-200 2.8. Aperture for these is around F4 for most of them I think. Nothing too great. Regular season starts for Miami this weekend, looking forward to all of that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
I really like the second one. That look in the goalie's eyes when he sees the puck crammed in the roof of the net...good stuff.

Haha yeah having access at Cady is great, I've never shot at Nationwide before though. Hell I've never even been to a Jackets game, trying to rectify that this season.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003

DJExile posted:

God I always love flexed-stick shots. Got lucky as hell with this timing. :toot:

Word. Got around to shooting the Notre Dame series this weekend. Some decent pics.

FLEX :black101:

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003

Helen Highwater posted:

When I say 'dropped', what I mean is that my CarrySpeed sling strap waited until I was scrambling over rocks to let me know that the ball-joint could slip out of the retaining nut even when it was fully tightened. But 'dropped' results in the same thing.

A few weeks old at this point, but a photographer on another forum I'm part of cracked a D4s body and possibly totaled a 300mm 2.8 when the same thing happened to him recently. He noted CarrySpeed is no longer in business, for good reason it seems!

Ouch

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
Yeah, the guy posted a picture using the lens, with similar results. Hazy in a corner and still reasonably sharp, although he didn't try it under a very controlled environment. Checked the post again and he's waiting on evaluation from Nikon.