Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucania
May 1, 2009

Over The Road posted:

I read that during Obama's campaign he was introduced by Jimmy Smits at a campaign event, whose character in the West Wing was based on a rising star from Chicago. META.

Yeah, it was amazing how the whole thing played out, especially with the Vinick/McCain comparisons as well.

Back in 2008, Slate put up a video showing how alike Santos and Obama were.

"Big Block of Cheese Day" is the best of days.

Lucania fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucania
May 1, 2009

General Ironicus posted:

The weird thing about Mrs Landingham was he actress immediately showed up on Scrubs for an episode about accepting death.

The next time I saw her was the following year in Joan of Arcadia, where she played God. I saw that as the ultimate promotion for Mrs. Landingham, especially after the creator of the show said that the character was known on the set as "Mrs. Landingham-God."

Lucania fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 17, 2011

Lucania
May 1, 2009
Josh explained it that way:

Josh posted:

That are cast at 12:01 and counted at 12:07. The rest of New Hampshire doesn't come in until nine PM. That's 21 hours of the news having nothing to report but the winner at Hartsfield's Landing. I want it to be us.

WoG posted:

(That said, in an environment that dynamic and fast-paced, the structure doesn't need to be all that rigid for day-to-day operations.)

Yeah, you really see this in that Poet Laureate episode where Josh screws up by posting on a message board:

quote:

C.J.: I'm assigning an intern from the press office to that web site. They're going to check it every night before they go home. If they discover you've been there, I'm going to shove a motherboard so far up your rear end . . . what?
JOSH: Well, technically, I outrank you.
C.J.: So far up your rear end!
JOSH: Okay.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

t3ch3 posted:

I just noticed that the world map in the situation room at the end of season five uses the Peters Projection. :woop:

Good thing incoming CoS CJ had a few years to get over her freak-out about it.

"What the hell is that?"

Lucania fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 10, 2011

• Locked thread