Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

njbeachbum posted:

I don't think it is brain damage. Out of canon you can chalk it up to the actress getting more comfortable in a difficult role. In canon you can see her becoming more comfortable with the press, her job, and having a major life change in almost dying in an assassination attempt on her boss and later a murderous stalker who killed her love interest. (Mark Harmon)

Harmon wasn't shot by the stalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I really want to get my parents into the West Wing but it's really bothering me that the end credits completely ruin the tone of half the episodes. Are there any versions available that have the original broadcast end credits intact.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Waffles Inc. posted:

- I've only cringed twice in anticipation of a scene relating to Sorkin being pretty tone-deaf and dumb about women: once when Jed has his patronizing speech about "these women" during the end of the chili episode and the other is when Sam is dressing down the progressive caucus about the "faster private jets" and he goes on about how it sounds like it was written by a highschool girl. He even couches it with like, blah blah "I've known women who can blow the door off a building" etc etc but it's just so, so, so bad and not even Rob Lowe can save it

There's a scene in Night Five when Sam says that Ainsley's outfit is sexy enough to make a good dog break its leash, or something like that. A member of staff comments that this is demeaning and that she is offended and Ainsley Hayes gives a long speech about how nonsense issues deflect from real ones and that she doesn't mind when guys tease her because it's a show of respect and she likes sex.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
The stretch from Stackhouse to Cathedrals is the peak of the show.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I saw the Bradley Whitford episode of Parks and Recreations and I wondered why he didn't have a scene with Rob Lowe. Then I noticed Lowe had a minor public twitter spat with Whitford and Schiff over the Trump protests in January, and he was the only one to not participate in ads in support of Hillary. In fact he barely ever gets involved with West Wing reunions despite claiming to be open to appearing in a revival.

Does Lowe get along with the rest of the cast any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

meatbag posted:

We do know that Hoynes somehow delivered him the south despite losing his home state by 20 points.:downs:

Though I just realized he might have meant the primaries.

He lost Texas in the primaries and the general, despite having Hoynes

• Locked thread