Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
I loved this show so much. Missed it when it originally aired, but watched the first 2 seasons in just over 3 weeks. I couldn't wait to get to the rest that I bought the entire series on impulse and finished it all off in just under a month. This was probably my 2nd favorite network television show behind Lost. Just great character development and suspense, it really made me want to live in a world where Bartlett was the actual POTUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Ytadel posted:

Anyone who loves this show but has NOT seen the 1995 Sorkin-scripted movie The American President should definitely check it out. It has an incredibly similar flavor to it, and even a lot of the same actors (including Martin Sheen in what's basically the role of Leo).

This movie was my moms favorite and she always watched it when I was younger. So of course I had to watch it 10-20 times a year. Anyways, I remember reading somewhere that Sorkin's original script for that movie would have made it a 4 hour plus film, so someone gave him the idea of making a tv show after the movie.

Also put me in the camp that loved the last half of season 6 and all of season 7. The campaign aspect of the show was really neat and made it seem fresh, which is hard for a show that is 7 seasons in.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Does anyone know what the writers original plans were for Annabeth/Leo before his untimely death had to be written into the show?

HanabaL03 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 10, 2011

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

I find myself asking from time to time while watching the news, "What would Josiah Bartlett do?"

• Locked thread