Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You should watch is just so you don't get to the end of the series still wanting more new episodes and watch it and have it be your last new The West Wing experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

brylcreem posted:

I love me some Margaret. When NiCole Robinson was pregnant, they had Margaret be pregnant too, and it was just some throw-away line on the show.

I've watched this show all the way through at least 4 times and I never noticed that Margaret got pregnant... when did this happen?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Marley Wants More posted:

You know you're a true fan when instead of just thinking the "Jackal" scene was dumb, you think there must be something wrong with you because you think it was dumb.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me what was so great about it, but I am willing to accept that I'm culturally inferior and just don't get it.

I thought it was dumb too v:)v

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

HorseHeadBed posted:

Empire magazine has a fairly long article about The West Wing. Well worth a read.

http://www.empireonline.com/westwing/

This is really great. When you get to the end of the main article if you click the right arrow at the top of the page it takes you to more detailed stuff like layouts of several complex walk and talks, interviews with Dee Dee Myers, etc.

This is one of the greatest things I've read

quote:

WHITFORD: The problem with Josh [Malina] is he has no sense of proportion. It's like you shake hands with a hand buzzer, then he will pick your daughter up from school and not tell you. The sickest things were the small poo poo he used to do. I was always reading books on the set and he would tear the last few pages out of them! Also, at one point I was going through a really difficult time and I had this very sweet assistant who would write little supportive aphorisms on post-its and leave them in my dressing room, like: "I have the time and space to do everything that I need to do." Little things like that. And Josh, who would apparently always go into my dressing room, would take those down and put things like, "There is no happiness. The reward is death." "Will I ever work again?"

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DominoDancing posted:

Huh, neither did I. What kind of a navigation concept is that?
I only noticed because I clicked on Dee Dee Myer's name in the article and it took me to a separate page with her interview, then I noticed the navigation bars at the top and tried to click back to go back to the article and it took me to something else v:)v

It's really poorly designed navigation

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

If a Gilmore Girls reunion can happen on Netflix then West Wing totally can. They are all still alive including Hawkeye so why not do like a 6 hour mini series.

Not all of them :smith:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

i am the bird posted:

I'd watch an Arnold Vinick president mini-series of him having to deal with the far right wing of his party after winning election in 2014. Imagine 6 episodes of Alan Alda scolding shithead conservatives in Sorkinese.

But then Aaron would have to watch past season 4 to know about Vinick

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

It was some republican. Wasn't there also an episode where Bartlett actually met the previous President? e: yeah it was James Cromwell

He was the last Democratic president before President Bartlet, not the previous president. If President Barlet was Clinton then President Newman was Carter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I love the actor interviews, and I love hearing how they got the part. Rob Lowe's story about signing the contract while in costuming the day before shooting was great. And Dule Hill talking about wearing the same thing to the second audition because, hell, it worked the first time. And Richard Schiff talking about how terrible he is at auditions, and how the room was already prepped for that. That stuff is great. Honestly I've liked most of the interviews from everyone they've talked to.

The only person I haven't loved in her interviews has been Emily Procter, mainly because she keeps hinting at stories but not telling them. (paraphrasing) "Do you have any stories about the audition?" "Oh my god, so many stories I could tell..." *proceeds to move on to something unrelated* But even she was better in her most recent appearance, talking about the ERA.

The story about Ainsley originally being from Montana and Emily just doing it in her normal accent anyway was pretty good. I'm still catching up on the podcast (halfway through season 2), but Emily Proctor was one of my favorite guests so far

• Locked thread