Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Thanks for this thread I was just looking for a series to watch (AGAIN) the whole way through and West Wing just one the challenge over ST:TNG. I just hope I can get through the Mandy Episodes without hurling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

brylcreem posted:

The most powerful line of the series, you say?

"Your father used to hit you, didn't he Mr. President?"

Toby actually has the balls to say that :allears:

That scene always makes me so loving uncomfortable.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Joementum posted:

Newsroom 1x04: To protest a management decision a news anchor interrupts the live broadcast to start singing Gilbert & Sullivan tunes.

Its from Penzance...

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Junior G-man posted:

I'm sorry, but were you the recording secretary of the Gilbert and Sullivan Society at university?

No but then again I am not a woman.

(By the way, they are all about DUTY not honor)

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Joementum posted:

I'm really curious what the 3rd Amendment implications were in the bill Babish is referencing in that clip. Not often that Congress treats into that territory.

Every time I see that episode I wonder that too. The 3rd so rarely comes up.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Hansen85 posted:

I don't hate Access the way a lot of people do. It's not great, but compared to some other episodes in season 5, it's not that horrible.

The only episode I sometimes skip is The Long Goodbye. I'm sure it's a great episode of some tv show, but it's certaily not an episode of The West Wing. Feels more like Allison Janney's emmy reel really.

Yeah I skip that one and the 9/11 one when I do a run through.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Joementum posted:

I sort of agree, though I think they shouldn't have bothered. I agree with you that Toby would have likely spilled the beans on a military space program, but he would have done it from the press podium and then accepted getting fired and prosecuted. He wouldn't have just sat in his office and hoped nobody noticed.

That's my thought too. Toby is braver and more sure of his convictions than that.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

TheBigBad posted:

Dr. Hampton is doing fine. She continued to pull mid-six figures operating as a top end consultant on the beltway throughout the Bartlet administration until she married and had two children, a boy and a girl. She now resides comfortably in Connecticut where he son will eventually row crew and her daughter will go on to be an Olympic figure skater with a fascination with the term 'toe-pick'.

Except for the fact that her father was lost in the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, her life has been excellent.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Diabolik900 posted:

In reality, no, but in the West Wing universe maybe. The situation surrounding it was obviously unusual, but in the real world, I don't think it was really legally different from the times Reagan and George W. Bush temporarily handed power to their VPs while they underwent medical procedures.

At the time he did not have a VP did he? Hadn't Hoynes resigned?

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

isk posted:

I could watch Glenn Close and Bill Fichtner respectfully argue all goddamn day.

I love that episode!

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

I've watched this through about 18 times or so, and only just now did I notice that Jeb slaps Abby's rear end as he goes on stage at the debate with Ritchie.

Is that after she cuts off his tie?

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

That is a fantastic scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyqzPu5pX6U

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Just in case you had a hankering for the original Big Block of Cheese Day Speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm9HZq53rqU

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

nagel posted:

Yeah, I mean one of the funniest, if not the funniest, parts of the entire show if when they all resign when cj becomes chief of staff.

That bothers me though, before Leo's heart attack, Bartlett wants a list of names and Leo agrees. After the heart attack it's like "oh no its totally cj"

I always thought that Bartlett wanting a list was his more formal way of saying gently caress YOU Leo, and that making him find his own replacement was a way to show him how serious he was about accepting his resignation. Then as things went on, he knew that CJ would be the best choice.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

Side note, I was almost positive they were going to make a plotline about CJ getting some kind of brain damage due to hitting her head on the ground, what with her being a little more aloof and silly in most of Season 2. I guess they just decided to write her differently?

I don't think it is brain damage. Out of canon you can chalk it up to the actress getting more comfortable in a difficult role. In canon you can see her becoming more comfortable with the press, her job, and having a major life change in almost dying in an assassination attempt on her boss and later a murderous stalker who killed her love interest. (Mark Harmon)

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

When Toby was recruiting her she said her salary was $500k and he countered with $600 a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsM_eeUyOBs#t=2m20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

brylcreem posted:

Also, Danny Concannon worked for Playtronics in 1992, pretending to be an NSA-agent.

Currently Danny is a criminal attorney in North Carolina who turned down a child murder case (until the suspect is actually arrested)

• Locked thread