Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Which episode featured Bartlet dressing down that lady that hosted a radio talkshow (I think) who was sitting down the entire time and he called her out on it? One of the best scenes ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Alter Ego posted:

"The Midterms", S2E3. It was right after Josh got shot.

I just blasted through the whole series for the first time in glorious HD on iTunes and it's hard to remember when and where things happened.

I definitely noticed a change when Sorkin left, like conversations and events that never would have happened had he been writing but I wouldn't say that it was a decline by any means, just different. One of my favorite shows of all time.

I liked Sports Night and Studio 60 but held off on watching The West Wing because it's so long, comparatively.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

James R posted:

Seriously? I had no idea the show was available like that, nor that it was filmed like that.

In early seasons it was shot primarily in 4:3 with the future in mind. It was shot on 35mm film and the 16:9 versions are slightly cropped at the top and the bottom (but not by much). During shooting they took care to keep equipment and stuff out of the frame for 16:9, but since this was in the infancy of shooting stuff in 16:9 and HD in general you can tell in those early seasons that everything is well within the 4:3 safe area. It can be kind of distracting to see widescreen with all the action bunched up in the middle of the screen. They do make full cinematic use of 16:9 in later seasons because they were actually broadcasting the show letterboxed at this point.

Amazon has all of the episodes remastered in 16:9 from the original 35mm film source in HD (except the episodes that originally aired in HD, those aren't remastered but they didn't need to be).

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

myron cope posted:

So there are two sisters, one named "Mary" and the other named "Bridgette Mary"? (I don't know if the first name is spelled right, it's not the important part)

Who names kids like that?

George Foreman

• Locked thread