Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

So am I the only one that felt joy any time my nemesis killed some hot-dogging tank? No one ever defended against knockups and the gravitational pull downward that followed (except me of course:smug:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Rainbow Knight posted:

So am I the only one that felt joy any time my nemesis killed some hot-dogging tank? No one ever defended against knockups and the gravitational pull downward that followed (except me of course :smug:)

Super Strength yeah? It honestly was the standby for most of my Nemeses too.

Less hilarious when they go "gently caress this poo poo I'm out for the next Alert Nemesis while I can still grab it," leaving maybe three or even four people that can't take those lumps to tank, but still.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I played a poo poo ton of this game but it really made me appreciate the value of defined class roles

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Dinictus posted:

Super Strength yeah? It honestly was the standby for most of my Nemeses too.

Less hilarious when they go "gently caress this poo poo I'm out for the next Alert Nemesis while I can still grab it," leaving maybe three or even four people that can't take those lumps to tank, but still.

:smug: :smug:If you can't take the heat :smug: :smug:

I think the last build I did was probably my opus. It was a Str/Ego/Dex PFF/Claws tank where I went all in on Str . Couldn't get moved, and all I had to do was full charge two attacks one after the other. It had an easy flow and looked cool. Perfect for tanking a Strength Nemesis too.

I liked this game. If it got all the attention and resources WoW gets I'd be happy as a pig in poo poo

edit: wait what am I thinking? they still have a loving anchorman questline bleh

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 17, 2019

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hey guess what! This game is apparently still online! Somehow. Also there's a free Freeform character slot in the in-game shop until the 17th for the zero people who still play this. There hasn't been a post in five months, that tells you how active things are, but maybe someone still has this thread in their bookmarks or something and was waiting for an excuse to replay a dead MMO. :effort:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone abandoned Champions when City of Heroes came back.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
It's good that CO is still going. It'll be the saddest consolation prize in the event that CoH shoots itself in the foot and gets shut down.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My reaction was How the gently caress does this thread have a new post, let alone three new posts?!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

It's so weird because for no reason at all I looked up this game just this morning to see if it was still running.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

free Freeform slot is worth grabbing if you have any interest in CO, or any interest in checking it out in the future

that slot is the game. its not worth playing without one

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

True, but I still log into CO once every 3 months or so, just to take an occasional break from CoX.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I still say ChampO beats COH in most design respects, but it was a ghost town at its best times and there's nooooo loving way it could compete with the sheer nostalgia hit of CoH rising from the dead yeah.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I guess this game still exists? And they're giving out a freeform slot until the 30th? So yeah.

I mean I haven't played it in like three years but maybe someone was looking for an excuse to.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Was just coming here to post this. Free FreeForm slot!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Cryptic: Hands out a premium character slot which normally sells for fifty bucks (I think) for simply logging in.

Also Cryptic: Monthly player count still goes down https://steamcharts.com/app/9880

Mind you that could just be some holdout regular not logging in yet for the month with those numbers.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Free FreeForm Slot!

If you have even the slightest bit of interest in playing this game, you'll want to log in a grab it this week(they normally go for $30). You can find it on the Bonus tab of the in-game C Store.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Anybody who has tried this game F2P but never tried a freeform character, you should definitely do this, freeform characters are very interesting :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder if you can claim this if you've already claimed one in the past.

Guess I'll find out tonight

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Yes. They do this once a year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I have a lifetime sub, but I was able to claim the free FF slot last night.