Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Wind Breath, you sprung a leak

Entangling Mesh, ~sticky fluid~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

wind is the answer, as it'll allow you to sneak the word "blow" into the name

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game has wind powers?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

wooosh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

So, they pulled the trigger on closing their old subscription model (active subs can remain but they will no longer accept new ones):
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1211564/release-notes-7-17-2018

quote:

Subscriptions
We will no longer be supporting making new monthly subscriptions.
Players who are currently subscribed will be able to remain subscribed, but if their sub lapses they will not be able to renew it.
We have updated our Lifetime Subscription page with more detailed information on what it includes.

ZEN Store
We have added the Premium Pack to the ZEN store!
Detailed information on the pack can be found here.
Added The Samurai Archetype.
The Heroic Starter Pack has been removed from the store.
Moved costumes under the Subscription tab into the other costume tabs.

Freeform Character conversion
Silver players who have a unused Freeform Character Slot from purchasing one in the ZEN store can choose to use up that slot to convert a Standard character into a Freeform character.
Doing this conversion will cause the unused Freeform Slot to become a Standard Character Slot.
To clear up any confusion, doing this conversion will not cause you to lose an empty character slot, but will use up the Freeform aspect of the slot.
The character that is converted will be sent to the powerhouse and have their powers reset.
This can only be done on Silver accounts, and will not be an option if you are Gold or Lifetime.
You can access this option via the character select screen, but you must have purchased a Freeform Character Slot prior to using the option.

there's more in the link

also, the Premium Pack is live:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10916073

quote:

Greetings, Champions.

We’re making a change to how subscriptions work in Champions Online. The Lifetime Subscription will still be available and unchanged, but we’re shifting away from monthly subscriptions. As of July 17th, those subscriptions will no longer be available on our website. Instead, we’re replacing them with a brand new purchasable pack, Premium Pack.

When you purchase the Premium Pack, the following items will become available to you.

Access to Several Services:
Adds 6 Character Slots on Your Account
Adds 1 Costume Slot on Your Account
Adds 40 Auction Slots on Your Account
Adds 3 Inventory Bag Slots on Your Account
A Resource Limit of 200,000 G
The Ability to Change the Colors of your Powers
Emanation points and pet selections on powers that support those features will also be included in this pack
One Free Retcon at Level 40
You'll receive a free character slot the first time a character on your account hits level 40.

You’ll unlock the following Costume Sets on your Account:
Demon Knight
High Plains Drifter
Legacy Power Armor
Martial Arts Master
Ninja Warrior
Pharaonic Master
Sakura Mech Armor
Shining Knight
Soldier of Fortune
Spartan Armor
Variety Pack
Viking Warrior
Wired Cyborg

You'll gain 2 Gold Costume Tokens on Your Account
These can be exchanged for Exclusive Costumes

You’ll unlock access to the following Travel Powers on your Account:
Earth Flight
Fire Flight
Hover Disk
Ice Slide
Jet Boots
Rocket Jump
Swinging
Tunneling

And you’ll get access to two Titles:
Icon
Exceptional

This pack is available July 17th in the C-store for 1500 zen.

Who can purchase this pack?
Anyone who has never been a Gold Subscriber, or purchased this pack before, can purchase the Premium Pack.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

this can be done to silver slots containing ATs as well with the same token

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

And yes, the Premium pack is free to anyone who had previously subscribed!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Flesh Forge posted:

And yes, the Premium pack is free to anyone who had previously subscribed!

Just to be clear, this includes anyone who's ever subscribed, not just people who are currently subscribed?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Just to be clear, this includes anyone who's ever subscribed, not just people who are currently subscribed?

Yes

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I also had a free character slot token waiting for me too.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Have they changed skill trees or how power and point distribution works in any notable way? I haven't played in probably about two years now, and would rather not blow my freeform token on a character who's skill/build is no longer possible or broken.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
So wait, if freeform slots are applied to characters, and lose the freeform part once used, does that mean that deleting the newly freeform character will waste the freeform slot?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Have they changed skill trees or how power and point distribution works in any notable way? I haven't played in probably about two years now, and would rather not blow my freeform token on a character who's skill/build is no longer possible or broken.

No, these are the same, although power frameworks are regularly reviewed now and some changes to individual powers have been made.

Jabarto posted:

So wait, if freeform slots are applied to characters, and lose the freeform part once used, does that mean that deleting the newly freeform character will waste the freeform slot?

This should leave you with an empty freeform slot but :shrug:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Flesh Forge posted:

No, these are the same, although power frameworks are regularly reviewed now and some changes to individual powers have been made.

This should leave you with an empty freeform slot but :shrug:

Yeah, that's what a reread of that post looks like to me, I was pretty tired this morning.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
They said that they stopped subs, but I just activated a 60 day time card I had sitting around. I"m at Gold status, all of my toons are unlocked, and It looks like I received 500 Zen too.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
So does this mean the only way to get a freeform slot now is to spend $30 on one?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Either that or throw down enough for a LTS.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Brave New World posted:

Either that or throw down enough for a LTS.

Yeah LTS costs 300$.

However right now it's 60% off, making it 120$ instead. Good deal for now; up to 7 extra freeform characters and a ton of other travel power/costume unlocks, for about the price of 4 FF slots. That is, if you don't think the game will die out in like a year now that this has happened

I was still expecting lts to be closer to maybe like 30-40$, but I guess I'm spoiled/have very low outlook.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10956943-our-biggest-lifetime-sale-ever%21

Speaking of this game finally dying, what's this thread's opinion on all the CoX Successors? Most of the people I play with in CO poo-poo all of them but then again they're all biased towards playing this game.

And in general people who don't regularly play CO hate CO. Like all news that appears on websites about this game have incredibly bitter comments and articles.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 19, 2018

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I dunno, any of them could be fun. Which one was a goon project again? I'd really have to get my hands on any of them to know what I think, there's so much distance between screenshots and gameplay. That said, it seems to me like a colossal mistake to launch an MMO in the current market, capes or no capes.

I can't say I disagree with the facts of any of the bitter comments on massively. The game has been on maintenance mode for years, and it was always kind of shonky and broken, despite how much fun I've had in it and how much it's improved.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

bear is driving! posted:

So does this mean the only way to get a freeform slot now is to spend $30 on one?

Or $60 for 3, and tbh it's not unreasonable to scrape up that much zen ingame, people did it for the original 5000 zen price.

Bluhman posted:

However right now it's 60% off, making it 120$ instead. Good deal for now; up to 7 extra freeform characters and a ton of other travel power/costume unlocks, for about the price of 4 FF slots. That is, if you don't think the game will die out in like a year now that this has happened

Important to note that if you do this, you can use the cheapie slots because all your slots are considered Freeform as a lifer.

Bluhman posted:

Speaking of this game finally dying, what's this thread's opinion on all the CoX Successors? Most of the people I play with in CO poo-poo all of them but then again they're all biased towards playing this game.

I am working on City of Titans as a 3d character/clothing modeler and I assure you it's a real game making real progress. Everyone (including developers) underestimates how amazingly hard it is to do a full game of this type from scratch, with mix and match costume options and character customization :smith:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 19, 2018

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Bluhman posted:

It's impossible and kind of foolish to have a real opinion about the games until they reach a point where they're a real product. All three of these games are in pre-alpha at best. For my money, Ship of Heroes seems to have the most groundwork laid out and cohesive design going for it currently but I think the setting is a real shame - cityscape on a spaceship bends too hard towards sci-fi for my tastes and they seem to have a pretty big push towards that aesthetic. Paragon City's appeal was how down to earth it felt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which is the one that raised money to buy people with absolutely no experience or talent software? I have an opinion on that one.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Flesh Forge posted:

Or $60 for 3, and tbh it's not unreasonable to scrape up that much zen ingame, people did it for the original 5000 zen price.

You can earn zen in-game? I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to look into it. I just want one freeform slot to make my "dark superman" character that I have been wanting to do.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You can earn Questionite, and then sell it for Zen, at a rate of around 500:1 (the maximum, sometimes it's a little more favorable but it's best to be conservative). - You can refine 8k questionite on each character per day
- 1 Cosmic kill pays 5k (often these are done in a batch and you get 3 to 6 runs in ~60 to 120 minutes)
- 1 Teleios Ascendant run pays 5k (takes ~30-60 minutes with a solid team)

If you have multiple characters and you maximize for Q rewards, you can easily make 25k Q per day in 2-3 hours, or around 50 zen per day, or more if you're really active. There is also the Vigilance meta-mission that pays 25k Q per character, around every month.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Bluhman posted:

People think these are actually going to come out? I'd love to hop on a new superhero game, as would most of the people I play CO with, but the general consensus seems to be that none of those will ever be in a suitable state.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

God drat, I can't believe it's been five years since I last played this game.

Premium pack convinced me to jump back in to see what all has changed (nothing has changed), and since it's been so long I decided to try a vehicle.

Grav bikes are fun and it's neat to go around lasering everything but it seems worryingly trivializing towards travel powers. And I don't really notice any sort of speed increase from the Boost toggle.
Still, nyoooooom.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 20, 2018

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

People think these are actually going to come out? I'd love to hop on a new superhero game, as would most of the people I play CO with, but the general consensus seems to be that none of those will ever be in a suitable state.
See I'm of this mind, because all of these CoX successor games have been in development for several years now and haven't shown any huge leaps or bounds in particularly exciting ways, at least for me.

All three of them are very much cut-and-dry CoX clones: same combat system with recharge-based attacks, extremely similar class choices. I'm still not entirely sure why it's three separate projects instead of just one with how similar each one is trying to ape CoX. Like, call me out if I'm wrong, I totally want to believe that these will do well.

So far each notable cape MMO has had some kind of extra game mechanic or advance that's made the game feel more 'superhero-y'. CO gets people a faster combat system with fewer recharges, and incorporates a lot more knock and movement in combat. Then there's DCUO which straight-up has some weird rock-paper-scissors combat system that absolutely requires timing, and then combines this with really robust movement around massive metropolitan settings.

Not to understate a dev's job, but by now I'd want to see a game of this genre have features like destructible terrain, or integrating travel right into combat, things I thought that Everquest Next would try to tackle. I'd hope to see a superhero MMO that really tackles the core feeling of superhero comics and scope into the game mechanics, to get that feeling of punching a villain through several skyscrapers or caving in an entire intersection with a ground slam.

Flesh Forge posted:

I am working on City of Titans as a 3d character/clothing modeler and I assure you it's a real game making real progress. Everyone (including developers) underestimates how amazingly hard it is to do a full game of this type from scratch, with mix and match costume options and character customization :smith:

I wish you best of luck! A small idea/question, has the CoT team considered using a sort of 'accessory' system for things like hats or small bits like PSO2 uses? Basically allowing players to select arbitrary bits of clothing/armor/jewelry and then letting them position and scale them as they see fit, selecting which part of the body/animation node to attach it to. I feel like that might save some development time on trying to manually position or categorize everything, and then also really unlock player creativity. What's to stop a player from taking 20 'ring' accessories and then using them to construct a big set of bracelets?

Who knows, might give CoT an edge on the other two. :smug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That kind of thing is ridiculously hard to implement and make work in a big variety of combinations but I can't make any promises about that one way or the other.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I hadn't logged my main on for 1,400 days, and clearly, a lot has changed since then. She's a really durable Dual Blades melee dps in full Justice gear, and I'm about to retrain her. But first I have a few questions:

Kitty Kyle Melee Damage
v3.1:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Protector (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Mighty (Str: 8)
Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Rain of Steel
Level 1: Thunderbolt Lunge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Form of the Tempest
Level 11: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Eye of the Storm (Rank 2, Blade Beyond the Veil)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Intensity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Sword Cyclone (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Steadfast
Level 32: Parry
Level 35: Ricochet Throw
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Superjump

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Brush It Off (2/2)
Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (3/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (1/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Right off the bat, I noticed that she's now having some energy issues. Molecular Self-Assembly worked great back in the day, but not anymore. They added a few new energy unlocks, and out of those Steadfast looks to be the winner. This toon crits constantly, so I'm assuming Steadfast will keep my blue bar close to full without having to stack any additional Rec gear. Any thoughts?

I'm getting rid of Bountiful Chi Resurgence, solely due to the 10% damage debuff it incurs. Will Conviction adequaetly replace it without any real downsides?

I still haven't picked a decent final power. I'm currently slotting Evasive Maneuvers- but I've never used it on this toon, and seriously doubt I ever will. Are there any good Tier IV powers you'd suggest for a melee type? Last Stand looks kinda interesting.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Yes, steadfast is really good for what you're going for since it scales with Dex and you're using MA attacks. Especially if you aren't going to use any Rec, I'd go with that.

Conviction is straight-up better than BCR. BCR nowadays is relegated to usage by dodge tanks (Which are rare) and support characters, where it's actually pretty good since you're not focused on damage-dealing.

Any of the melee unlockable ultimates work wonders - stuff like Devastating Strikes, or Whirling Dragon Strike are awesome debuffs and damage spikes wrapped in one, and they usually are on the much shorter side as far as ultimate cooldowns go. One downside of them is that they're bundled inside lockboxes, so you're going to need some resources to buy them off the auction house, or some keys to open some boxes.

Most of my characters end up going with a distribution of stats like: "Damage Stat" (STR/DEX/EGO/INT?), with "Survival stat" (CON) and then "Energy stat" (REC/END, usually rec). While having a double damage-statting does raise DPS a bit, most of your damage comes from just one stat you decide on thanks to how toggles work.

Other minor build notes:
  • If you do decide to go with both Strength and Dexterity, consider using the Strength tree, as it offers some substanial defense boost and crit severity. You're still going to be using the same toggles however, so stack your Dex stat extremely heavily if you go this way. Stacking con, meanwhile, will grant you extra defense with the Juggernaut spec.
  • There's no reason to rank-3 your lunge as it isn't going to be a core damage-dealing attack. Those advantage points are best put into your travel powers or your block instead.
  • Dragon's Wrath - extremely powerful attack, but it becomes stronger if you have even a moderate (like 25+%) crit chance when using the Tiger's Courage advantage.
  • At some point they updated Eye of the Storm's damage shield to be much shorter, so basically it only applies protection to you while you're maintaining the attack and hitting enemies with it. It's not a great choice, and kind of redundant with Sword Cyclone (both full-sphere maintains).
  • I highly recommend replacing Eye of the Storm with Blade Tempest. To maximize damage output, many sets now make use of defense debuffs applied to their enemies. Blade Tempest is a really quick and simple way to apply Shredded while also dealing damage to enemies in front of you.
  • The best active offense power is, by far, Lock and Load, due to just having a balanced supply of damage boost, crit boost, and energy efficiency boost. There's some edge cases where other choices will do you better, but for most builds, LNL is both super-effective and fits most concepts since it's not super-flashy. It'll do you better than Intensity.
  • Just as a special note, there's now a clone of Parry that has you hold up a sword instead of blocking with your arms - Deflect in the Single Blade tree. It's functionally identical but will likely suit your character better.
  • Ricochet Throw doesn't really help your build unless you're planning to use Night Warrior instead of Way of the Warrior, or are trying ranged combat. In the former, I'd actually rather use Throwing Blades since its from-stealth benefits are much stronger. For the latter, Shuriken Throw has more utilities for your type of build, but it's also not that great an attack either. Honestly, I'd go for more utility stuff, particularly something to apply Restoration like Chained Kunai w/ Inner Peace, or heck, put BCR back into the build for when you need to defend.

• As a DPS you'll likely be better off using Deadly Aim and Expose Weakness in your superstat tree rather than the dodge buffs. Of course that's assuming you decide to stick with DEX as your primary.
  • Your first-tier choices for Brawler are solid. For second, I'd say the most valuable is flanking, which is going to really get you some high damage figures if you're with any decent tank. Setup is also very powerful, but can be a bit of a pain - don't try and lean on the Setup effect too hard if you decide to use it.
  • If you put Blade Tempest in your build, you're absolutely going to want Slaughter. This will cement your combo as basically your most powerful AoE, as well as your debuff applicator.

• Heavily recommend having at least a little REC statting in your spec choices. Even with Rush from Dragon's Wrath, attacks like Sword Cyclone eat up a lot of energy.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Off to the powerhouse!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Just grabbed the Premium bonus pack, having bought the game when it was still sold in stores. Came back, and leveled the Freeform, Soldier, Unleashed, Mystic, Dragon fist. Of the other free ATs what are good? The Automaton looks.. suck, as does the archer. I got six open slots and want to try other things, but not if 30 levels in, its still warmed over poo poo for power sets.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Archer is quite good really. Automaton is okay, not great but not bad. Unleashed is very good.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Automaton is okay, not great but not bad.

I was going to go on a big rant about how wrong that is, but after looking at HeroCreator it looks like they updated its build. Actually it looks really solid aside from using the wrong Energy Unlock (Unified Theory would work way better for it.)

I'm too used to when Automaton used to be a hybrid unlocked AT, in which it was a bizarre, broken build that used Aspect of the Machine (terrible melee/ranged mix toggle that only stacks specifically when landing a kill on a target). This'd be acceptible, even a neat alternative gimmick, if the rank-up effects preserved during combat, but they don't, and so in the middle of big cosmic fights you're guaranteed to falloff back down to one stack.

I forget if you still need to play Automaton to unlock its special powers. I think they changed that when they remade Automaton like this to not be terrible.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah it's not BAD, it's just not built around the toggles, at least it has great statting (Ego/Int/Con and good spec choices).

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I feel stupid for having this happen but hopefully you guys can help me on this. Since I for once managed to snag everything I wanted out of the event store, I figured to dust off my alts to take advantage of the MegaD fight XP. As it's been so long since I last played my alts, when I was looking for the builds I had for them written down/bookmarked, I apparently lost the one I had for my Telepathic/Telekinetic DPS character. Naturally I can't remember where I was planning on going with her other than I was looking at a decent soloing/leveling PvE playstyle and not really doing anything endgame-y. From just this, anyone have an idea where I might've been going with this? If it comes down to doing a new build and retconning, I'll do it.

Here's the build layout she has so far at level 21 with 3 points I'm sitting on until I know where to put them.

http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.ht...000100000000&e= Any / Multiple
v3.11:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Void (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Ego: 10, End: 10)
Level 6: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 12: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 15: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Kinetic Darts
Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2)
Level 6: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Concentration
Level 14: Telepathic Reverberation
Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 20: Mental Storm
Level 23:
Level 26:
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 12/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (1/2)

Devices

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I'd ask about it over on the official forums. Flowcyto will write up a build for you.

A funny question occurred to me: What's the reason why people sell Zen for Questionite on the exchange? I understand how the exchange works(I've used it before), but I don't get why people on the other end of the transaction do it. Is it to buy Onslaught Tokens? That seems to be the only thing that actually needs Questionite.

I occasionally play STO, and end game players need Dilithium Crystals for Fleet Holdings, Reputation dailies and Fleet & Rep stores. But Champs?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Brave New World posted:

I'd ask about it over on the official forums. Flowcyto will write up a build for you.

A funny question occurred to me: What's the reason why people sell Zen for Questionite on the exchange? I understand how the exchange works(I've used it before), but I don't get why people on the other end of the transaction do it. Is it to buy Onslaught Tokens? That seems to be the only thing that actually needs Questionite.

I occasionally play STO, and end game players need Dilithium Crystals for Fleet Holdings, Reputation dailies and Fleet & Rep stores. But Champs?

I did and he came up with a new build that takes into account whatever changes happened since I created her. I think I saved three copies of the build just to make sure this doesn't happen again. LOL

As far as the Zen for Questionite goes, there are some power unlocks and costumes that are pretty pricey in the Questionite store. I've been eyeballing Bat Flight for a while.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

M_Sinistrari posted:

I did and he came up with a new build that takes into account whatever changes happened since I created her. I think I saved three copies of the build just to make sure this doesn't happen again. LOL

As far as the Zen for Questionite goes, there are some power unlocks and costumes that are pretty pricey in the Questionite store. I've been eyeballing Bat Flight for a while.

:downs: So there's a Questionite store. Where's that at? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I feel stupid for having this happen but hopefully you guys can help me on this. Since I for once managed to snag everything I wanted out of the event store, I figured to dust off my alts to take advantage of the MegaD fight XP. As it's been so long since I last played my alts, when I was looking for the builds I had for them written down/bookmarked, I apparently lost the one I had for my Telepathic/Telekinetic DPS character. Naturally I can't remember where I was planning on going with her other than I was looking at a decent soloing/leveling PvE playstyle and not really doing anything endgame-y. From just this, anyone have an idea where I might've been going with this? If it comes down to doing a new build and retconning, I'll do it.

Here's the build layout she has so far at level 21 with 3 points I'm sitting on until I know where to put them.

Looks like you were going for an Ego Blast-Spam build, which is probably the most viable/simplest way to do single-target damage as a telepath.

While a solid strategy for a presence build, the fact that Telepathic Reverb only scales off of Presence means that it's not as likely to work well on a good soloing build. It also requires consistent application of disorient or holds (which isn't that big of an issue, Ego Blast full-charge does the job easily).

Telepathy's really bad at stacking up a defense debuff well (in this case, Stress) because Mental Storm is on such a long cooldown. Usually doing a pure Telekinetic build goes a lot more smoothly. In either case, there's pretty significant crossover between the two sets.

http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.ht...TJe500000000&e=

Here's a build that maintains the Ego-Blast core of your setup. The goal here basically is to utilize Avenger Tree as a way to link into a big TK Lance blow by using Setup. It should be noted that the offense-defense feedback loops possible from Guardian/Vindicator and Warden/Vindicator don't work anymore. They're still good generic combos, but in many cases the class specific buffs from things like brawler, avenger, and protector are proving to be a lot more powerful in comparison.