Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

repLOLican posted:

This a hundred million times. What is it with pubbies, horrible knockoffs, and picking the most over-saturated color on the palette? At least get the coloring right if you aren't creative enough to use the costume pieces to the right effect. :gonk:

Y-yeah, what idiot uses...garishly over-saturated colors on their...um...superhero?

I think need to go to the tailor, now. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

repLOLican posted:

This a hundred million times. What is it with pubbies, horrible knockoffs, and picking the most over-saturated color on the palette? At least get the coloring right if you aren't creative enough to use the costume pieces to the right effect. :gonk:

Incoming ripoff image spam!

Deathstroke!

Iron Man!

The Juggernaut, Bitch!

Venom!

Ultimate Thor!

My own take on Kyle Rayner as Ion

Captain America

Hulk

I have more but I can't recall where I placed them, including a decently done captain marvel and deadpool. I wish i had a lifetime so i could make a spot-on Dr. Fate with that helmet they get.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 21, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
While we're on the subject of cheap knockoffs, I may as well share my costumes for Sara Croft, twin sister of a famous adventurer.

I haven't really played her except for trolling Club Caprice, though. The better a ripoff costume is, the more it'll get RPists in an uproar. :q:

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

drat my plans went up in smoke. I had wanted to play as a Dual Pistol/Celestial and my nemesis Dual Pistol/Darkness (or vice versa). Seems your nemesis can only have one power set and it's not even customizable. A drat shame.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

drat my plans went up in smoke. I had wanted to play as a Dual Pistol/Celestial and my nemesis Dual Pistol/Darkness (or vice versa). Seems your nemesis can only have one power set and it's not even customizable. A drat shame.

"I'm gonna make this nemesis here and give him only energy builders and then farm him on Elite."

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Jan posted:

I haven't really played her except for trolling Club Caprice, though. The better a ripoff costume is, the more it'll get RPists in an uproar. :q:

I like walking in Club Caprice with my naked costume. That usually sets them off. I wish I could find some piece that made it look like I have a penis though, it's flat down there :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Use the Long Tech Subligar and call yourself RUN C:\Jeremy.exe

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
More ripoffs i found on my external.

Hawkeye

Black Adam

Nightwing

Daredevil

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

Daredevil

... Why is he puce? :geno:

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Asimo posted:

The man is blind, have a heart.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

went off the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 character model.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
In many of the MAN WITHOUT FEAR issues I had from the late 80s that was the colour he was, I don't see a problem here.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

went off the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 character model.
Huh, having never played that... so it is. Go figure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So it turns out the server problems are being caused by hideouts.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

So it turns out the server problems are being caused by hideouts.
Oh dear. Who would have thought a mess of new instances would be causing problems? :ughh: Hopefully the solution is something simple, I rather like the things, pointless as they are.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
I don't even know how that could be an issue; they literally just introduced more options on literally two of the same hideout maps.

It really doesn't make sense that you wouldn't get extra lag when introducing 4 different map types that every character in the game can own, but in fact do get lag when adding a few options to two of them.

Then again, this is cryptic I'm talking about here. V:v:V

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
If they can gently caress it up somehow, God willing, they will do it :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sale time on the C-Store.

20% off everything, 50% off transformation devices.

Excluded stuff is anything from July: Fantasy costume set, Melee Weapon Pack, Djinns, Tornado Flight, and all hideouts.

Lasts for this weekend.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
how about a sale on lifetime subs. I want that helmet, cryptic!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

whatspeakyou posted:

how about a sale on lifetime subs. I want that helmet, cryptic!

Whats this helmet? I have a lifetime sub and have no idea about half the poo poo I have :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Whats this helmet? I have a lifetime sub and have no idea about half the poo poo I have :smith:

The Art Deco set is exclusive to Lifetime.

It's the Rocketeer one.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Does anyone actually buy those transformation items? I mean apparently there's a market for them, and some of them have unique effects and all, but (at least as a gold member) they seem to be basically "become a character that's probably not as good as the one you are, with a costume you can't change".

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Does anyone actually buy those transformation items? I mean apparently there's a market for them, and some of them have unique effects and all, but (at least as a gold member) they seem to be basically "become a character that's probably not as good as the one you are, with a costume you can't change".

People seem to buy them and then put them up on the market a lot; for 100 globals it's a nice little gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

The Destroid one can solo the Mega Destroids in Resistance, I think. It's supposed to do extra damage and stun robots.

I'm sure RPers buy them. Plus by being a C-Store item, they pretty much hold their value. If you're tired of being a werewolf, someone will swap you for a Vampire.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Aren't the C-Store items bound to you?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

repLOLican posted:

Aren't the C-Store items bound to you?
Depends on the item (costumes and headquarters and such are account-unlocked rather tham items), but I believe most of the actual item devices aren't, no. If there's any question about a particular item, just search for it in the AH. In general, the only way they're "bound" is that you can't get a refund for what you buy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything that's an actual inventory item (So pretty much exclusively devices) doesn't bind. Not even on use.

If you've got ~100g disposable in-game and want any device, just wait. Eventually you can get it for that, because someone will always be desperate to buy some costume piece and offer up their device for 100g.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And you'll have way more than 100g by 40 unless you do a total respec by in-game cash or just change your costumes like some crazy. My two 40's have something like 280 and 220g each, and that's after spending 200ish on something a few months back. Without even really bothering with playing the AH, just selling crap that doesn't look like it has decent stat spreads for alts or that can't be crushed down for crafting mats.

I am the worst economist.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Outside of a few specific items there's virtually no economy in CO, anyway. Playing the AH can only marginally increase your profits, I've found.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I have like 880 free points from various crap, so I'm kinda thinking about picking up some premium costumes. Probably Luchador and/or City Street sets. That hat set has ONE helmet I do kinda want, but it ain't worth the points for just that and some stuff I probably won't use.

Any of you guys pick anything up?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah. I've pretty much got all the costume pieces I wanted already which is far too many of them, and the only things I'm really eyeing are HQ options for alts, and those aren't on sale this time. The Medieval costume tempts me solely for the cape, but that's not worth the full spend.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I have all the costume sets from the C-store, excepting the ones you unlock through kill achievements, because I did most of those, and the zombie set, which I earned in the first Bloodmoon. :sigh:

And honestly, I'd say, if you know you'd use the pieces from a costume set like all the time, just do it. I will say I use Urban far more than I ever expected to.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
Thanks for the crafting advice! I was a bit bummed that I initially threw every item I had onto the table in go, because I just didn't see the quality rating. It's nice to see early mistakes don't punish you too much, having hit the skill cap before level 11 anyway.

I don't get to play much, so a subscription doesn't make much sense for me. Is there anything I should definitely buy during the sale? I was thinking of a costume slot or two, an adventure (is one best to start with?) and maybe a bag slot. Any suggestions?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Since you don't play much, bag slots might be a good idea so you don't have to spend time trekking back and forth to empty your inventory.

As far as the adventures go, they're nice but hardly necessary (unless you want to farm SL elite blues at 40, that is).

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

So long ago I bought this game off Steam when it first came out.

I kind of want to get back into it, do I get anything special for having bought it?

Other than the satisfaction of knowing that I lost 50 dollars :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

doomfunk posted:

As far as the adventures go, they're nice but hardly necessary (unless you want to farm SL elite blues at 40, that is).

Resistance is still run a lot, though. Might be a nice grab to do some grouping with other goons.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Went ahead and got Urban and Lucha. Urban has a coat which turns out to be pretty good for one of my characters' alt costumes so that is quite nice. Some of the other stuff in there seems useful too. Lucha I dunno about yet, as much fun as sparkly pants are, you can only use the glitter skin on Lucha parts. However, the Oiled skin could certainly come in handy for some characters (when I'm not using leopard spots all set to flesh tones to hide bra lines anyway).

Hey that last sentence sounds really perverse, good going sleep deprived brain.

edit: also note to self, try making a Saint Turtle again now that you have that luchador dragon mask thing

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 24, 2011

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
Considering what it's ostensibly for, it's easy to pull a lot of mileage out of the Urban set, especially compared to poo poo like mechano-beast. The jacket and shades in particular can be very good generic clothes options which don't exist elsewhere. Same could be said of formal, 'cept the jacket isn't available to female models last I checked (da gently caress).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cryptic's pretty good at sneaking in one or two must have generic costume pieces into each set to make you want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Cryptic's pretty good at sneaking in one or two must have generic costume pieces into each set to make you want them.

Formal hair flower. :argh: