Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dang, I haven't played this in a long time but I'm starting to get the itch. So, my old characters will have to be respecced into an archetype and what premium costume pieces I had will no longer be available, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FlyinPingu posted:

Well, if by premium you mean ones you've spent Cryptic funbucks on then you'll still have those.

Ok, cool. That's all I was worried about. Most of my characters were pretty exclusive to one tree so I don't care too much about free forms.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Long time player (War Crime) returning as a silver player. If I'm planning to solo all the time, what is the least painful AT?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So Power Armor doesn't exist in the archetypes at all?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Have the PA changes rolled out? A great PA set is the only thing that would get me back into this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'M BIKER DAVE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HOW IS THIS GAME PROFITABLE?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nonexistence posted:

Hit by a nostalgia wave for CoH and it made me think - I remember having so much fun right from the get go on every character running through the sewers and hollows and lowbie zones, whereas every other MMO I can think of basically expects you to happily slog through unfun content forever to get to the "real experience." I'm sure later on I would've felt things moved slow without vet powers at very low levels but still.

Also, obligatory "what are you playing now if you still need to fill the MMO void?" post. Seriously is any MMO but FFXIV fun right now?

I shill for Guild Wars 2 a lot and I generally hate MMOs.
Base game is free, they just released a new expansion that give THE BEST MOUNTS in any MMO to date.

Content is dense but generally easy.
End game is dress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was going through old videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1l8dfqFv1s

Thank you, Songbearer.