Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So I'm bored at work and going through random threads I used to frequent. Seeing Goonling resurrected brought back so many memories of when this game launched. :allears:

The Goonling Swarm was not to be trifled with.

Secret weapon: Chair Attack!

And of course the best goon event ever, Millenia Rangers.

I miss you guys :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just went and scraped some of my old images and I found some old memories. I slapped 'em together in an album - some CO veterans might get a kick out of some Milennia Rangers screenshots I took while putting together the footage all those years ago:

http://imgur.com/a/CBj4m

Good times :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Once they relaunch CoH/CoV then we can worry about this game dying! :unsmith:

...:smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I keep getting cravings to play this in lieu of CoH/V being Dead Forever but when I do I just feel like I miss the old days when it was alive and thriving and freeform was the norm. Even then it just didn't have the sense of place and cohesiveness/snappiness that CoH/V had, despite me really enjoying it. I bounced straight off DCUO.

Man, the lack of non-branded (Yes I know Champions is a thing) hero games are a real bummer.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Bluhman posted:

Speaking of this game finally dying, what's this thread's opinion on all the CoX Successors? Most of the people I play with in CO poo-poo all of them but then again they're all biased towards playing this game.

It's impossible and kind of foolish to have a real opinion about the games until they reach a point where they're a real product. All three of these games are in pre-alpha at best. For my money, Ship of Heroes seems to have the most groundwork laid out and cohesive design going for it currently but I think the setting is a real shame - cityscape on a spaceship bends too hard towards sci-fi for my tastes and they seem to have a pretty big push towards that aesthetic. Paragon City's appeal was how down to earth it felt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Couldn't have done it without you guys. It's still my favourite bit of content I've made and gets plenty of visits even today :unsmith: