Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rocketlex posted:

My take away: Behemoths are useless in Cage Matches

They get better in them at lvl 21, where the cage match has some room so you can knock people in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The one claw with the tubes preforms the shocker on your target

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Thats that really famous superhero who has done everything and you never heard of him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I reinstalled the game but it seems like they replaced full helmets? I could only find trash can helmet.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Trying out free form for the first time.

Does it matter what power set my energy builder comes from?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LordSaturn posted:

Your first non-EB power will either be a Tier1 from the same set as your EB, or the Tier0 from any set.

But like if I'm a str melee can I take an ego ranged just for ranged energy building? or is that a bad idea?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ok, so possible but not ideally unless for flavor. ty.

Using steam guides, mostly gonna do dual wield with dragons wraith if I even get to lvl 20. But the thing is they only didn't cover were EBs, which you guys just did.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 13, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Does everyone just do quests to level up, or is there like a random thing that just spawns levels to beat up bad guys?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LordSaturn posted:

At level 10 you unlock alerts; if you're bored of questing, run alerts. Also always run your dailies and refine your rewards, Questionite is good and useful.

If you're gonna do a bunch of Dual Blades powers make sure to take DEX as a secondary superstat, because Form of the Tempest fuckin' loves crits.

Also, take Form of the Tempest.

I took way of the warrior. Oh I thought form of the tempest was a form, silly me I guess.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 15, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
For infernal supernatural is going ego, dex, int any good? It only seems to proc on the epidemic damage and not the poison ticks. I get str/dex for dmg but I have no idea how to figure out what 3rd stat is should use.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 6, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bluhman posted:

What other attacks are you doing? All toggles, save Compassion, only trigger off of directly using powers. So in other words, you'll only be stacking if you're actively using poisoning infernal attacks like Epidemic.

Ego/Dex/Int is ok, but maybe a bit heavy on pure damage. I'd possibly look into getting a threat-drop move such as Evasive Maneuvers if you plan on using this combination.

Int might not be the best stat to trigger Supernatural Power off of, Infernal isn't exactly heavy on recharges, and you already have Ego to scale up your damage on Aspect of the Infernal Concentration stacks. If energy management is an issue for you, End or Rec could both work. Because with proper energy, a Supernatural character basically should never have to use their Energy Builder at all. Supernatural Power is ridiculously good.

Because of how demanding most alerts/lairs can be, I'd totally take CON as one of the superstats. This would remove the need for taking aggro-dropping moves and facilitate more upfront survival. I'd probably go as far to say that Ego/Con/Rec could be a good combination.

If I get far enough, gonna use infernal blast and defile. But right now its all just spam aoe moves in the city zone. Guess im gonna level him up to 14 to get that energy unlock now though. IS outbreak good for epidemic or should I just rank it up?

Pretty much only around the lvl 10s with all of my character slots dont know how much further I will get before another game comes out. Been using this gravator guide to know what single target moves to aim for and your steam guide for everything else.

Trying to make my people look less iron man like.

Having alot of fun playing the different powersets. might pick up some cheapo months on amazon.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 7, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Yeah its a pretty rad attack now, but I'm curious about how it managed to be your bread and butter attack.

I used it as my main attack when I was messing around with Heavy weapons because you cant get skewer till lvl 8.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How is DCUO, thinking of downloading it tomorrow while I'm at work.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Look out its xXxSuperSayianGokuSlayerxXx!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My download should be finished by now, unless I have to patch even more when I get home. Gonna give it a shot, I tried it on the console at one point I dont remember which, only did the tutorial.

The one thing I dont like about CO is you cant really make a minimal costume, all the decals for the tights go into absolute poo poo quality in game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DCUO is pretty funny, theres like herds of citizens running around for what I can only assume is forever.

The combat is pretty meh, I think I prefer the CO stuff were I can aoe down like 10+ guys.

The powers are also kinda lame in DCUO, like your spaming these kung fu moves you gained from being a super person so you can like spray teal fear gas at people by a laser. It almost feels like you don't even have super powers.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 29, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Milky Moor posted:

As a CO player of several years and someone who has just started trying DCUO, I really can't get into the latter. I'm not sure why but the whole thing feels kind of strange. I don't really feel like a superhero and, throughout a lot of the quests, some big DC name just shows up to kind of solve it anyway. The typical MMO name stuff gets me, too, because in CO and NWN names didn't have to be unique. The customization, too, is really weak.

Say you want to do fire power stuff, you have to run around punching bad guys with a choice melee weapon so you can charge up to do 1 super power move over and over. Unlike in CO if you want to do fire stuff, if you choose you can use all fire moves. Not like a fire ball then have to use the DW builder.

All the weapons looks so bad after combat too, 1 handed holds his hand over his head like hes a drat monkey.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm gonna give fire guy another shot tonight after I remake him without hand blasters but the combat is kinda lame. And somehow the maps are even more bleak than CO and the random citizens are literally just herds of people running forever.

Only thing I think it would attract more people is that it has the illusion of getting to pick more stuff than CO for the free player. I say illusion because the weapon trees are basically the same with very little choices and the same with the skills in a way. If I really wanted to play a guy using 2 swords I would want more 2 swords attacks than auto attacks.

Messed around in CO last night, I really like how I can take the wind PBAOE and give it some electric dmg (basically nothing) and use it till I hit lvl 14 and could undo my skills to use lightning storm. All while staying in lightning power like skills. The hurricane and the poison PBAOE moves gotta be my favorite moves, are there any more PBAOEs that you can do and slowly move around like a death ball?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 30, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Should I be maxing like ego for example or raise all my super stats with gear?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cleretic posted:

Focus on upping your main superstats unless you really REALLY need something they don't give you.

The game's really not hard enough to need you to fret much though, any choices will do. Hell, I made a character entirely by RNG and she turned out actually pretty impressive.

Yea that's what I meant keeping all the superstats about equal or just put it all in ego.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There was like 80 people in the first zone, back when it went f2p there were so many people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm pretty sure the only reason dcuo has more people playing is because you have more customization than champions AT characters. The funny thing is some reason, some power sets never have to use their weapon making the weapons just as decorations. The game is champions online with unlimited power to spam moves, lol.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

jjac posted:

I don't see how that's a plus for customization.

That's the joke.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Behemoth was a beast in till they changed around the super stats and decreased their damage. This was back when free for all started.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DCUO was pretty crowded all the way to lvl 30. Might come back to it once I'm out of games to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Flesh Forge posted:

just gonna leave this here because I am pretty chuffed about it

everything you see was modeled from scratch by me

I am the botoxed butt cheeks.