Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
I started playing during the Steam F2P launch event, and I still haven't gotten over how much fun the costume creation system is. I threw together a Grimoire just by going down the line, picking whatever costume element looked best with the elements I had already chosen, and still ended up with an awesome-looking dude. Then of course I made about six more characters just to abandon them after one mission for the costume creator again.

Now that I think I might actually start playing the game, I have two questions about crafting:

Is there a strategy involved in researching? Can I just throw everything on the table in one experiment, or should I always try to add the minimum amount needed to hit 5/5 quality, or what?

Should I throw BoE items that are outside my crafting profession onto the auction house, even if they're extremely low-level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
Thanks for the crafting advice! I was a bit bummed that I initially threw every item I had onto the table in go, because I just didn't see the quality rating. It's nice to see early mistakes don't punish you too much, having hit the skill cap before level 11 anyway.

I don't get to play much, so a subscription doesn't make much sense for me. Is there anything I should definitely buy during the sale? I was thinking of a costume slot or two, an adventure (is one best to start with?) and maybe a bag slot. Any suggestions?

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

doomfunk posted:

Since you don't play much, bag slots might be a good idea so you don't have to spend time trekking back and forth to empty your inventory.

As far as the adventures go, they're nice but hardly necessary (unless you want to farm SL elite blues at 40, that is).

A bag slot seems reasonable -- I'm still in Westside, so travel hasn't been a problem yet. You still have to return to RenCen when you level up to buy new powers/talents/advantages, right?

As for adventures, I was looking at them for extra content and level-independent stuff to do for when a mission arc becomes too hard for an archetype. Resistance sounds cool, but I could always hold out for the next sale if they don't add much.

Speaking of archetype woes, would a transformation with ranged powers be useful for my melee-only behemoth?

Thanks for the advice!

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Mewnie posted:

Courtship dances and elaborate nest building, goooooo!

I lean over and whisper passionately into your ear, "QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK"

On the subject, last time I logged into find myself staring at a wolf with all the body sliders at max and using the growth device in a loincloth named "MACRO". Literally the only thing I will ever know about that guy is his weird sexual fetish and his inability to even play an MMO without indulging in it. Goddamnit.