Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
My main runs darkness / fighting claws with LR and the dodge toggle. He seems to kick plenty of rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

Resistance can also be used for powerleveling if you don't enjoy the mission grind.

Does it give alot more xp or something? Vi Ora and lemura suck and I'm at 39.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
So with the tk arc launching tomorrow I assume the changes will as well?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The date ranges always start on Tuesday, but they never actually go out then. Wednesday more likely.

And yes, the changes always go live with the archetype.

Magneto here income.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I'm revamping Nixon's costume but I can't think of any good color combos for the power armor. Any ideas?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I see a future for fighting claws!

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I still say we finish with worst costume.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Jan posted:

That time and date is fine by me. Presuming the anniversary event has started by then, I'll be active again, and will probably bring my L40 (Maleficia the roller derby star). Barring that, it'll be my silver Blade character, Laetitia, who has lightspeed for the lightning round at least.

I think we should pick half decent SG colours and everyone judging take the time to adapt a costume to these colours. But only if the current, horrendous magenta and lemon scheme is corrected. :colbert:

I will be judging with fuzz so you better invite her.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Shr3d wanted a Tk Blades build:

Super Dex, Super Ego.
For talents I chose the 8s for Dex, Ego and Rec, then the 5/5s for each pair. I also used the Absolute Zero initial, for a bit more Rec.

1: Ego Blade, Ego Weaponry
5: Ego Blade Frenzy

Congratulations. You are already good enough to beat the game.

8: Force Shield
11: Id Mastery
14: Ego Reverb
17: Ego Blade Breach
20: Ego Blade Annihilation
23: Telekinetic Eruption
26: Telekinesis (Not necessary. Just for fun.)
29: Ego Surge
32: Ego Blade Dash
35: Inertial Dampening Field
38: Form of the Tempest

This build was made at 40, so there's a lot of swapping that should be done. Force Shield can be pushed way down, and you'll want to move Tempest, Dash, and Annihilation much earlier (Or Breach. One of these will be your boss killer while leveling.)

Advantages. Not by level because I don't know the spread:
Incisive Wit on Ego Blade
Force Sheathe on Force Shield
Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry
Frenzy to rank 3
Id Mastery to rank 3
Enhanced Form on Eruption
Mental Acuity on Annihilation, and rank 2
Breach to rank 3
Ego Surge to rank 3
You're probably going to spend 2 on your travel power to rank 3 too.
IDF to rank 3

This leaves you with 2 points. Mine are in Telekinesis but they can really go anywhere.

For level 24, this would be my recommendation:
1: Ego Blade, Ego Weaponry
5: Frenzy
8: Id Mastery
11: Dash
14: Reverb
17: Breach or Annihilation
20: Tempest
23: Whatever you want from here. You're solid enough.

Advantage priority is Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry, Incisive Wit on Blade, ranks in Id Mastery, ranks in Frenzy, and ranks and/or Acuity in whatever you choose at 17. The rest can go anywhere.

Thanks a bunch, i do have a few questions. What are my key powers? What do I spam for single and multiple target situations

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Don't make a good costume as the goons will just steal it right in front of you.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Cuchulain posted:

I suppose not. Just costume parts, new levels, different powersets, extra costume slots and everything else. I just wanted my dude back. I guess I wont be playing this again. :shobon:

Make them silver?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I really want that skull full mask from taklofanes.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I have a second dilemma.

The Contests channel is really stupid and I can't use the word "gently caress". It's just not the same if you can't call the category that.

vvv God drat it why didn't I think of that?

I mean that honestly, I am way more clever than you and should have thought of that. vvv

Also it's all set. Those are the 5 categories. Now we need the monies.

Gotta watch out or you will be permanently muted.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Mewnie posted:

I can't believe you folks missed the chance to post this already!

At least it isn't more furry stuff.

Spaghetti legs.

Worth the cash for the beards.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Brain wave, let super speed run up walls, and let acrobatics wall jump.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Might super stats, str/con building int or str/int building con.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Heh, the day of our costume contest the server shits itself and chat goes down.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

CC went well this time. Asimo still didn't show up.

I think someone got screenshots, so stay tuned.

Now we need ideas for a gimmick to do next time.

Entire cost was worth it for the angry troll at the end.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Jan posted:

Can't have players get ARGENT or VIPER abilities now, can we?

I don't know why we have not gotten that drat lasso power set not in the form of a lovely item.

Also, the ghost of a robot inhabiting a robot with ghost peers is a ghost robot not a robot ghost or a robot ghost robot.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I think I want to make mecha Nixon a pet build, but the only starting point I know is to mass pets, any thing else I should know?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I am talking hoards and hoards of pets, as many as possible.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Slutty Slut.

Also I was thinking of retiring Nixon from CC's, but in this crazy world we live in we need him more than ever.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
How can the people in the TOR thread be this stupid, "all games that use @account are stupid, il get banned if someone else with my same character name harasses people"

It's idiots like this that ruined rift for me, *cough WoW group cough*, I'm not going to let them ruin TOR!

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I think I'm going to lock in my category to "sexy cartoon character".

IGN shr3d

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

chelsea clinton posted:

Women do actually exist, though. You also don't have to be a woman to think that this is a bad idea. There's nothing that distinguishes Slutty Costume Contest Havers (henceforth referred to as "SCCH individuals") from any other bunch of shitheads out there. If you want to mock the skimpy and terrible outfits that people make in droves, just have a contest where participants are secretly graded on modesty. If you want some irony or whatever you can have all judges wear as little as is possible.

You made me sad knowing someone with your opinion and view of the world exists.

It's so obvious that it's a joke as its s play on the fact that all the super serious CC's ( that think Nixon is a fictional character from futurama) have the dumbest category in existence "sexy".

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

chelsea clinton posted:

You observe that all the costume contests that take themselves seriously either have a category for or otherwise reward dumb, skimpy outfits. Your response to it is to make a contest where every category is for dumb, skimpy outfits. Your response to behaviour you dislike is doing the exact same thing except "'ironically'" or whatever. You use language that makes women uncomfortable enough to openly complain about it (but since women obviously don't exist you can just ignore them). This isn't very clever. You could have a Least Skin Showing category. That would actually be a joke and not only an imitation of shitheads.

And they also have CC's with decent broad categories and pick terrible costumes to win. We pick terrible narrow categories and pick good costumes.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

...Wait, no it isn't.

It's about how 90% of Halloween costumes are just slutty versions of regular things. That's why it was just going to be the standard SPEARC 10 until people started having weird ideas.
I'm more in favor of spearc 10 than these stupid cats.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

randombattle posted:

Who cares about Amazing Grace. What's important is that the completely overpowered unarmed attacks are completely awesome.

I popped on with my Kenshiro earlier and my god Hundred Hands is just insane with how fast it mutilates everything in front of it. Then you got the offensive clicky and the dimensional dots. Jesus man insane.

I've got a Dex/ego crit build with FotT, and hundred hands destroyed everyone.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Nechronic posted:

Was this a Halloween thing or just a hilarious bug?

gadget power set feature.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

sentrygun posted:

Ah, was not aware of the damage resist boost.

So wait, the rare 1% chance that you do land the teddy bear beam it just makes it almost pointless to try hitting an enemy for the duration? So Experimental Beam is entirely useless. :shepface:

It turns things into teddy bears.

:colbert:

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Well, that's because I didn't get a screenshot of Garfield.

Anyway, next CC we're going with the SG idea. We usually do 6 categories, so we need to decide on the 6.

ARC, SPEAR, SODLAG and Dark Enforcers are a must. For one of the others, I'm thinking Red Academy for one so we can have a Soviet category.

We also need to decide on what the theme is for some of them.

ARC - Electricity seems to be the obvious one here. Or Medieval (because Joan of Arc.)
SPEAR - Britney Spears. There's no debate. To make it gender fair, Britney Spears OR Kevin Federline.
SODLAG - Formal wear most likely.
Dark Enforcers - Probably slutty.
Red Academy - Soviets
??? - ???

And of course Supergoons for the Worst category.
SODLAG, best penis costume.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I was thinking Formal Troll, but... they pay well.
But goons can not win their CC's.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Best costume based on the film "the running man"

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

an exclusive travel power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Is it just me, or is the newbie zone now sterile as all hell? I guess I played in beta or something when the newbie zones were Canada and Area 52 or whatever, but it's just endless sewer missions now.

Well they had to add a whole new sets of missions without adding a new map. You mix up the sewers with Canada, and on the whole everything feels more streamlined.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

sentrygun posted:

So they moved the fast and easy of the two old crises and left Canada as an option? That sucks, unless the new one is even easier to drill through quickly, the Desert at least went by quickly in its horrible repetitiveness.

So your complaining something is repetitive due to the fact you have done it so many times.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

sentrygun posted:

Uh, yeah, I guess that was a bad choice of words. For a game that encourages making new characters all the time though, there really should be more stuff to start out with, even if it tapers off not long after.

They build certain quests more for a story so the bosses make sense now in the non crises zones.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I just remembered I had a lifetime membership to this game and logged into it the other day. I should log on more and join the goon chat. I've forgotten how silly it is to run around with almost exclusively pet powers and a ridiculously high intelligence/presence.

It's even crazier now, mecha nixon runs a pet/tank build that's unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Come play Champions Online.

We got Mecha Nixon swimsuit contests!

Flying Squirrels!

And BluhMan's mom!