Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

raocow posted:

Is there a place where one could find up to date guides and recommendations and whatnot?

Yes. In the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Light Gun Man posted:

I ordered a couple boxed copies of Champs from bestbuy.com the other day. They were like 3 dollars a copy, and had free shipping. Just letting you guys who don't have lifetime subs know.

I recall there were mixed results with using retail keys for subscribing. Either way, at that price, doesn't really hurt to be wrong.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

I have yet to see my goddamned guitar axe. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Bloodly posted:

...Damm. Guess things really have deeply changed if that's the case.

REC used to be real good because Regen required it, but now that any superstat will work on Regen, there arguably isn't much point to get REC.

Still, say what you will, I really like my END/REC/INT electric blaster. Constantly have Sparkstorm running and spam Gigabolts into packs of 10 mobs, and never really risk dying. I know any other stat would be better than REC, but I like it, okay. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Well, I know you're asking for Archetypes, but Might as a freeform set is really quite awesome. Behemoth does kind of suck though.

Archetype-wise, the Blade is kind okay, although it starts loving slow and boring with just 3 attacks for the first dozen levels.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The proper shortened term for Cryptic Points is Funbux. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

So, who else got some warning about account security?

vvvvvvv
Yeah, I noticed the date on their announcement was back in 2010, kind of... Yeah.

At least I was only using an unsecure throwaway password.

I just want everyone on the Internet to start using two factor authentication.

Jan fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 26, 2012

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

There's a 15% Zen and CP bonus sale for this weekend.

To clarify, it's a rebate on buying CP, not on spending CP.

Do they even do the latter anymore?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Time for a revival of "And this is my favourite Supergroup in the Citadel"? :toot:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Freeform character slots are in the store straight up now.

$50.

Yes, 50.

It kind of makes sense when you bear in mind that a monthly sub is like 15$, and a freeform slot is tantamount to a lifetime sub for one slot. Especially now that the adventure packs are free, all a sub gives you is some extra costume parts and a monthly stipend.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Bluhman posted:

Not entirely. Gigabolt might have superior coverage, but Electric Arc becomes downright scary on an enemy with Negative Ions, doing around 6000 damage per second at the end of the maintain at level 40. This is the move that tops leaderboards. On a Ego/Pre/End character mind you, so they're not even built entirely for damage.

Also, you have to be running Sparkstorm (+Electric Personality) all the time.

So, three buttons. :v:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

If the targets are in range of Sparkstorm, you made a mistake.

If by "mistake" you mean "teleport into a pack of minions", sure. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

They're working on some big update we haven't had any information on at the moment. It's probably something at least Adventure Pack/Comic Series in scope, because it's an all hands thing.

Champions Online: Mandragalore Arises!

An all new adventure pack taking place exclusively in Lemuria with non stop underwater action. All Mandragalore, all the time.

Best zone ever. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Ah, jesus, gently caress this mandatory Perfect World account linking. The requirements on Perfect World account and display names are just dumb, and Jan is obviously taken in both cases.

Edit: Motherfucking piece of poo poo nuked all my Zen points in the process!

Edit 2: And now I can't even log back in.

Edit 3:
vvvvvvv
Yeah, I was able to log into the actual game and the Zen points are there, so it's just Perfect World's website being crappy.

Jan fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 14, 2012

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Lemuria expansion pack! My half joking prophesy is coming true! gently caress yes! :v:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Allatum posted:

So it's perfectly OK to tell people that a female character has a dick in a bio. But if you make fun of dick chicks it's against the rules.

No, you see, nowhere does it say that their character is female with a dick. She has futanari powers, which is a wholly different thing. Like ninja powers. They're just waiting for Cryptic to implement the power set.

oh god i might give them ideas

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Gynovore posted:

As for the costume creator, two things stick in my mind; only five hairstyles were available at first, and the boob slider defaults to the max.

Uh, it's about comics. Of course boobs are humongous.

Or if you were hoping to dial boob size even farther, then you can actually fake it a bit by slightly raising the body size slider! There's a tiny buffer room where it only makes the chest larger before making the whole character bulky.

:goonsay:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Some of us use XMPP to connect from a chat client. Glad I spent $100 for a lifetime chat room subscription. :toot:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

You can also purchase a (hilariously overpriced) freeform character token, I recall.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Have any of you ever gotten art commissioned for your characters?

Whatever happened to that guy who did character portraits for winning a CC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Asimo posted:

The voice acting is the best thing about this game.

if only.

:ironicat: