Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Curse you free accounts, for your limited wing and chest-piece options :argh:

Slipstream up in this poo poo.

(Also: No tech based silver account characters)

:spergin:

e:

The "free" version. A bit of a bummer that you can't select lip colour with the half-mask head option.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There I was, feeling like a total bad rear end goin' all Black Dynamite on a small army through the jungle instance to save my UNTIL bros. Demons? Demons in my base? I can dig. This aint so hard. Just need to kite and pick off the right targets first. AK-47 versus the world, allllright.

Oh.

Boss fight.

Let's do this :black101:

About ten minutes later:
:gonk:

Turns out that Despair Incarnate is a pretty hard boss fight for a level 10 soldier :ohdear:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 19, 2011

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Problem is that if they get stuck for too long they (or well, the boss, the henchies goes down quickly) start to regenerate / breaks combat.

Encountered another hard boss, a certain Maniac leader, she shot me for 350+ damage in a single attack which is nearly half of my full HP. Normal groups of goons are easy enough to gun down but jeesh, loving bosses.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I block what I can, but it doesn't always register in time (depending on prior animation length I guess). Doesn't help that the boss normal attack does like 100 damage and even blocking that 350 damage attack will not do much of a difference.
As you said, I can't out-tank them because I don't have any heals or defensive powers yet and the soldier is kinda frail.