Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Does the power of Primal Majesty only really apply at high end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Asimo posted:

For example, I've been half-considering doing a semi-joke "anime martial artist" Force/Might hybrid. :shepface: Haven't gotten it sorted out yet, but force bolts and force cascade later in, roomsweeper/havoc stomp and haymaker and mighty leap... probably Defiance on top of it and random active offenses/defenses and things like IDF to improve survivability. It'd lack a good toggle, but it'd keep Enrage up, be decent at both ranged and melee without too much overlap, and be perfectly serviceable for just about every content you'd throw at it. You can do a surprising amount in a Freeform build with even a little attention to it. Only thing throwing me off is the super stats. (Str/Con? Str/Int? Hmm.)

Hmm. I'd buy it, IF you can recolour Force properly(it's been a while since I've used Force, and I forget if it could be). Look is everything, after all.

Celestial has a blowback centred on you that has a perfect animation. If it's the same one as Eruption, go with that, otherwise, consider it.

Hmm. Phoenix Flight instantly makes me think Souther, but how to pull it off? Teleport's a obvious movement for him. Bestial is a little too feral, but his fighting style is all slashing and bleeding-I may not have a choice. Wish they were a single line rather than all jagged(Nitpick, nitpick...) Aura of Majesty can fit, as can Regen and certainly Resurgence(What else can we call hiom closing hism wounds by sheer will?). Bountiful Chi would work too for that too. If you wanted to get closer to his other appearnces in the games and such, you can approximate his launcher though Inexorable Tides.

Eh, it's all guesswork.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 14, 2011

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

At least the game's intelligent enough to pull reagents from the bank while you're crafting.

...Seriously?

I learned something new today! That's something that I've never heard of till now in an MMO, and god knows the stuff can take up a significant amount of space.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Difficulty curve is...odd. Once you've got proper defensive abilities, you can be nigh untouchable. The difficulty is getting to that point, especially as it's easy to get mobbed. So the first levels can easily be the most frustrating.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Double post!

I made this character for a Horror Oddball category in a CC last night (Which I couldn't even enter because my power went out for 7 hours.)

His name is Yo Dawg We Heard You Like Skulls.

Immediately out of the post-tutorial powerhouse (Which I never exited last night), I see this guy. His name is The King.

We have hit the saturation point, people. There is no longer a way to make a mocking costume, because someone has actually done it.

I don't really see the mockery. But then all I can see from both these costumes is 'Space Marine'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It'll be interesting to see how many variants of the UMVC new characters(and parodies like Orpheus) will show up. More interesting to see how they copy the skillsets as shown.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Bluhman posted:

Character designs are about to get complex.

Basically, these are bonus sets you take at levels 10, 20, 30 and 40 that fit class roles. (I.E. at level 10, you can choose a set of 8 abilities that can be ranked up to add special bonuses to ranged damage, such as increasing initial attack power or the strength of maintains.) Looks like there could be a lot of stacking of similar trees, as well as a bit of flexibility in designing a character for balance or pure specialization. Of course, silvers have tree choices already chosen out for them.

E: To anyone who wants to check out what they've done so far, it's on the Public Test Server now (keeping in mind that it's probably horribly buggy). This CO thread has info on how to use the PTS. (keep in mind that silver players cannot access the test shard.)

Given I recently started with Star Trek Online, it looks like they're trying to bring it into line with that.

Also looks a lot like your standard 'Talent Trees'. All we can hope is that there won't be too much of the bland and required-but-pointless. Say what you like, but a lot of the stuff you buy does something significant to the powers involved.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Wordicuffs posted:

So I happened to be in Futureshop today and I saw this game being sold for $60 :sigh:

I don't know if that's better or worse than Tabula Rasa being sold after the servers were taken down though.

Just the game? No extras? That's pretty ridiculous.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

REC: Recovery is still a horrible stat, and it has really blase bonuses to back it up that don't work to its natural benefits at all. REC on its own grants some bonus health recovery, however, but it's quite miniscule. Taking Conviction could probably heal you faster than this stat ever could.

...Damm. Guess things really have deeply changed if that's the case.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

New stuff on the PTS.

2 new dailies for the Fourth of July (Which means an early patch next week) and a bunch of new powers.

Gadgeteering
Boomerang Throw: This power bounces between your foes, dealing crushing damage. The number of bounces increase based on how long it is charged for.
Boomerang Cone: This power throws a series of boomerangs in a 120' cone in front of you.
Gas Pellets: This power throws 4 gas pellets that deal damage and slow enemies caught in the cloud.
Grapple Gun Pull: This power deals crushing damage and pulls your target to you.
Strafing Run: This power is not yet complete. It will be changing soon!
Bolas: Paralyze your foe and deal heavy crushing damage with these spinning bolas.

Martial Arts
Night Warrior: This new passive increases all damage and grants the use of the Sneak power. Some powers gain an additional secondary benefit when used while sneaking. Purchasing this power automatically grants sneak. Sneak ranks up with this power.
Smoke Bomb Lunge: Disappear in a cloud of smoke and reappear near your foe, dealing crushing damage.

You can now make a Rogue.

According to nerds, those are the trademark abilities and tools of Nighthawk, the guy from the upcoming content that gives us vehicles.

Captain Boomerang and Scorpion will be easier to make. Most of the Lin Kuei, to be honest, normal or cyber.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Very pretty. Is this an aura, power, costume, what is it?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I wonder-Did Gigabolt EVER get hit with the nerf hammer everyone was expecting given how ridiculous it was for energy and damage?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Interesting that STO has similar problems-Science is very much ineffective.

Then again, all games with control/support fall prey to this-they want it to be balanced(Because otherwise it'd be 'too easy'), especially against people if there's any kind of PvP(because losing control sucks, after all), and in the process it always ends up being supremely ineffective vs monsters OR people.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 24, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

The control over them isn't quite as fun as CoH, since you can't make your pets dance or argue with one another, but on the other hand you can have robots, bears, angels, dinosaurs, demons, weaponized teddy bears, and armored golems all summoned by the same character simultaneously.

I'm looking through the Powerhouse site. I see two types of Robots, weaponised teddies, the golem's from Sorcery(Possibly the demons too), I guess Command Animals is the bears. I don't see Angels or Dinosaurs.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...I ain't played this in years, and never got to max level. Don't know if the account's still there. And yet I'm looking at the various pet skills and trying to figure a way to make a pure pet build work 'from the beginning'. The safest bet would probably be starting in Shadow(For the sake of Lifedrain and Grasping Shadows so you've got lockdown and healing, as well as the Void Horror) and branching off from there.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Dammit, reading this makes it sound fun. Always was, a bit. But I deleted it months ago. More than that, the cost is too high(4000 CP for Freeform? Possibly per character? Not even getting into the Archetype costs?) I can't afford a proper subscription.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Even so...

I've tried to get back into the game recently. Can't do it. I had a sub years ago, let it lapse. So all my characters are freeform.

Changed one of them to silver to try again. Don't like the powerset as given.

Too much is behind that paywall and I don't especially like what's open to me. I ain't willing to to pay more under these circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So, I have a new freeform slot. What to do with it....Well, maybe pets?

Is that workable?