Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This game is my newest entry to the "good MMOs" list, along with PSO and Megaten (if you have a dedicated group to play with). Such a refreshingly unique MMO.

Is that thing about retailer exclusiveness on boxed copy codes true? I have two copies from amazon right now, I've used one, but that's pretty lame if another amazon copy will never work for me again. I really don't wanna pay 15 bucks a month, but 5 I can stand.

Since I am currently Gold, I have like 6 characters. In true weird internet guy fashion, at least half of my characters are based upon obscure poo poo, namely the girls from the Brazilian Mega Man comic (they even have matching nemesisii). I also made a HUnewearl from PSO, and LIGHT GUN MAN with the power of guns made to vaguely resemble light guns and a laser sword and rocket boots because why the hell not.

Also that video in the first post with the sentai team is amazing beyond words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I have like 880 free points from various crap, so I'm kinda thinking about picking up some premium costumes. Probably Luchador and/or City Street sets. That hat set has ONE helmet I do kinda want, but it ain't worth the points for just that and some stuff I probably won't use.

Any of you guys pick anything up?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Went ahead and got Urban and Lucha. Urban has a coat which turns out to be pretty good for one of my characters' alt costumes so that is quite nice. Some of the other stuff in there seems useful too. Lucha I dunno about yet, as much fun as sparkly pants are, you can only use the glitter skin on Lucha parts. However, the Oiled skin could certainly come in handy for some characters (when I'm not using leopard spots all set to flesh tones to hide bra lines anyway).

Hey that last sentence sounds really perverse, good going sleep deprived brain.

edit: also note to self, try making a Saint Turtle again now that you have that luchador dragon mask thing

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 24, 2011

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Time to show off some costumes. I don't actually play these, but I made em for fun one day. It's all TMNT stuff.

An attempt at a comic-style TMNT. I should try this one again now that I have some more stuff, but using the Toad head really limits your options obviously so I doubt it'd help much still. Hard to find any mask that looks even remotely appropriate so I went with the scarf.

Tokka and Rahzar. The bird head makes for a half decent snapping turtle. I think I used the closed bug wings for a shell on him. I'm kind of surprised there isn't actual turtle stuff in the game given how many other animal parts there are.

The easiest one, Tora from the NES version of the arcade game. His head should be more like a polar bear, but a lot of people think he's a wolf anyway so it works.
Other than the head he's probably the most accurate-to-source one here.

Also, this thing looks a hell of a lot like a transport module. It's in Juryrig's garage.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that bug is a pain in the rear end. Before that came up, it was pretty smart about keeping you on the same instances. It also seems like the instance it says your friends are on are lies during the reign of this bug as well.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Because finally, a game where you can.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna try a magic character sometime but there are a shitload of powers and I can't really come up with a good concept for any of them. When i get around to it though, I may do Infernal Supernatural just so I can do shitloads of toxic damage.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My first character was a glacier archetype that I got all the way up to level 40 in under a month. I didn't have any particular problems doing so and I enjoyed it well enough. It was almost entirely spamming snow storm. Although at some point I did get a Rune Blade, which I also used heavily. This was also mostly solo play, might I add.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but I am just saying that it was doable and enjoyable enough to me as a new player. Perhaps someone more experienced like yourself would find it incredibly tedious or underpowered though yeah.

edit: Asimo here VVVV reminds me that the defensive powers (invulnerability mostly) of the ice arch. were indeed pretty nice. if you kept your level ahead of the quests you were doing, lots of minions would do literally 1 or 0 damage to you. and yeah, the effects are cool too. ice shield is particularly fancy.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 28, 2011

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Those suits are pretty neat. The hand bubbles and the ability to be a brain in a suit (approaching utroms, kinda)are excellent. I do really hope the raygun stuff means being able to set gun powers to emit a solid beam or something like that though. And a megaman style arm cannon would be perfectly awesome, Cryptic.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 30, 2011

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
For further confirmation, I just tried entering a second retail copy from amazon and the site refused it. I'm not surprised, as the amazon copies give you some armor unlocks and like 500 free C-points. So I guess I'll have to order some from another website to continue being cheap.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Bird people?? There is only one thing to do:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rlTTx8YujGI/TOIHUrw4NzI/AAAAAAAAAdA/H9e5qlb5yVw/s1600/draft_lens2197088module11881077photo_1223149410sam-the-eagle-muppet-show.jpg][/img]

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is this AM or PM? And will anyone be recording or otherwise documenting (screenshots etc) this glorious event?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Predictably almost all of my screenshots turned out terrible. I think I took more of the judges than the contestants. Here's a couple things though.

This girl was standing here in this white costume, and I was thinking "that's actually semi cool. It's got a hammer for a hand." So of course she then changed into something much more generic and boring for the contest itself. I think it might have just been one "set" of matching pieces even.

Here's what a shitload of names looks like from the vantage point of the doorman. We did get a pretty good turnout for this.

Here's the Iron Chef guy that some of us thought was pretty funny. Also you can see both the winner of "female made by a male", in "her" alternate outfit that covers "her" entire body yet is still fetish material, and the (name of) runner up for it in the back there.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked that Alien Cop guy too, I was standing near him and he was probably the nicest one I could see. The red and blue is an excellent touch.

I am pretty sure there was a line by Areala going something like "i have huge hooters and a skull bra!!" at some point early on. Really cemented the win in that category in my mind.

edit: trying to come up with a concept for a dumb "hangin with supergoons" character to make and i just keep thinking of presidents (super saiyan Teddy Roosevelt, samurai Lincoln). but we already have mecha Nixon so it doesn't seem very original. hopefully something will come to me.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 4, 2011

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If that's a bug, they should roll with it and make an event out of it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kind of easy to miss this if you don't read and click every update, but holy poo poo! I want em.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is the character slot thing up already? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the heads up, grabbed a code.

I wonder if there are any other promos around like this, maybe we could eventually end up with most of the archetypes for free this way.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I ordered a couple boxed copies of Champs from bestbuy.com the other day. They were like 3 dollars a copy, and had free shipping. Just letting you guys who don't have lifetime subs know.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I know you can't stack Amazon copies for example, but I'm hoping Best Buy ones can be. Guess I'll find out in...February? I'm probably not going to put these in right away.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Well my best buy copies arrived and I'm assuming these won't stack after all.

Apparently, they give you like 400 points, a Grond figure, and some damage reduction item. The Amazon copies gave points and costume unlocks and would not stack, so I'm guessing that will be the same deal here (or they will just come up generic because these are old and maybe the offer has passed, I don't know).

I would find out right now, but I know I'm not going to have much time to play through December. Gimme a couple days into January and I'll have the mystery of stacking cheap rear end best buy copies solved though. I am at least hopeful that I can use one of these on my account, as otherwise they'll become pretty useless.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
VITAMAN is actually kinda cool!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

jjac posted:

Oh wonderful, even Champions is celebrating the SWTOR launch.

I'd be fine with this if it meant non-retarded looking lightsabers. If you can't make them just a handle and a blade, then at least rip off No More Heroes instead of those ugly rear end things.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I finally tried stacking amazon and best buy codes. Here are my results.

You cannot use two Amazon or two Best Buy copies on the same account.
You can use one of each on the same account.
You get bonus costume armor and store points from Amazon, Best Buy gives some points and some lame equip item. I think Amazon might also give you an action figure.

So yeah, that's that. Now where can I find some Walmart copies to buy?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Looking at alternate boxed copies to buy again, and I find out that Gamestop had pre-order bonuses of it's own, and their website lists the game at 8 dollars. It says they are out of stock, but the "check my nearby stores" thing says they all have low stock and I can have them send copies to the store for me to pick up. Not sure if I believe any of that, but next time I have 15~ bucks to blow I'll call em up and ask if they have any I guess. Apparently it comes with an exclusive travel power, I wonder if it's just rocket boots or what?

Also, how about that new patch? New powerhouse seems like mostly an upgrade, and the new mission marker stuff is alright. Still have the stupid zoomed in all the way / bags opening up when loading a zone bugs though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a costume contest coming up soon? I'll be back to silver at the end of the month, so my new 40 could probably drop 50g or something into the pool before I get locked out of it until next time I bother paying for gold.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, I'll just hang onto it or sink it into costume unlocks then.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Think of it in-character. You start off as an in-town low level hero beating up on gangs.

Although that doesn't really excuse the sameness of warehouses, but I feel like it was already that was beforehand too. Is that police station and Little Italy area new? I don't remember those being there before.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If they want low effort poo poo to do they should just add glow options to everything.

How the hell do they have an obvious dual-wielding Jedi class and make the beam swords not have a glow?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to change my pass now, cryptic informs me that my account is a perfect world account now, so I should go to their website. I do it there, and I have yet to get the drat confirmation email from them, even after telling it to resend a few times. Hooray.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Guess I know what I'm doing once I hit 40 tonight, blarg.

Also, the lack of power colorization for that is sort of lame. But hey, freeform outside of gold, I need to get me at least one of those.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So is the Questionite quest the only way to get the salvage? I did the quest today and my box had 10 salvage, which isn't enough for anything of course. I'd like to get the gun hands at least, obviously I can try again tomorrow but is there any other method for that?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
500 bucks in two months? Ok, 300 for lifetime, then what? I wonder how much it costs now to buy the entire store.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This is mostly just Amazon stuff, but it's related to this game so I figured I would mention it.

So recently on Amazon someone was selling 60 day time cards pretty drat cheap. I emailed them and asked if they could just email me the codes, and refund the shipping. They said sure, so I ordered one, and it went fine. So I ordered two more, and then never really got my refunded shipping from those. However, two separate packages have showed up at my house now, containing one card each. I've been talking with them to figure out what the hell they want me to do, but it's looking like I'm gonna end up with a couple spare codes at this rate. Weird.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Action figures all the way. You can just pose with your motorcycle, have it follow you around, but never ride it.

edit: Megaten Imagine introduced motorbikes for "fast" travel purposes. You had to pay real money to rent them. They floated through the air in a perpetual wheelie the entire time:

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 16, 2012

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Brace for a tsunami of Batmen.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Champs on a 360 gamepad is great, I play that way pretty much exclusively except for when I want to move inventory stuff around and chat. Gives it more of an action game feel as you're pushing buttons instead of clicking icons, and you can chain your attacks together nicely that way.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just crashed in the middle of attempting a Moltar costume and am too lazy to start back up and work on it again. Grabbed a screenshot but it was still rough and had stuff I didn't want on (like the jumpsuit pattern), but here is what I had thus far. Someone feel free to kick it's rear end.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think there is some stupid limiter on the costume creation (as in, you don't get to see every available part?) until you've completed the in-game tutorial or something now. Make something quick, do the tutorial, and then try again perhaps?

I agree that some of the combo restrictions are bullshit though, that scarf is a great example too. I've ran into that exact same issue before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know Elite had that much stuff specific to it. What kind of costume drops are we talking about here?