Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
You guys are organizing goon run costume contests

and you didn't invite me.

:smith:

(i'll be back :doom:... at some point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Aphrodite posted:

You know you can just login and show up on a freebie character right?

I've done that a few times. It's just that every time I think "I would enjoy a nice couple hours of spreading friendship in Caprice" I remember that I'm generally several patches behind and I'm lazy. :v:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Aphrodite posted:

Double posting to remind people the CC is tomorrow.

8pm server. We need moneys. Also if one more person wants to judge, speak up. We're fine with 4, but 5 would be good too.

Sounds like a perfect time for me to come back. Jezebel only has about 15G to throw on the pot (either money was a lot lower than I thought it was or she got drained when she got converted to Silver), but given that I don't plan to attack anything but chairs, tables and sofas in this game anymore I'm not really concerned with the amount of cash I have on hand.

Surprisingly, my laptop runs CO fine despite running a few other things like poo poo.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

I think this dude was called the Incredible Egg, can't remember what he won. I think he was the only other winner.

Rocket Raptor (a goon, thus unable to win the contest, a drat shame since he should have won every category :swoon:) and my awful Youmu Konpaku I scrabbled together before the contest.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

jjac posted:

Nice. Shame you had to play the game on your laptop though.

Eh, didn't really feel like bringing my big rear end desktop to college with me, and I could have had the settings higher, but I'd rather run it lower than higher. If nothing else, I'm just glad CO is low spec enough for my awful video card to allow me to play it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Clearly missing Slutty Conservative.

That'll wreck those contestants for sure. I think they all have to default to max tit slider before they're allowed to make their character.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Aphrodite posted:

Okay people, I need categories and which character is judging for next Saturday within the next 2 days or so.

Also the idea here is that it's stuff you could actually buy as a costume. Slutty Cop, Slutty Nurse, Slutty Muppet, Slutty Grandmother from Napoleon Dynamite etc.

Slutty Sentient Representation of the Number Pi? Not good. Save that for next time we do a dumb category CC.

Are only donators judging? I'd rather judge than try to come up with an actual costume idea.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Unless you need me running Super Speed, I'll probably be judging as Pinkie Pie. If you need Super Speed for a lightning round or something I'll be on as Jezebel instead.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Yeah, after the tutorial you used to go to either the Desert or Canada and run through that before getting to MC. I haven't run through the new MC intro quests, but considering how much faster one of the crises was than the other (can't remember, I think Canada was the faster one?) everyone always ignored the other crisis on new characters, so only giving players one choice to start off hardly makes much of a difference I'd say.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
When is the CC anyways? I'm lazy and never bothered getting a costume together so I can't even be bothered to go to Halloween poo poo on campus so I doubt I'll be busy during it, but I'll probably forget to check in if I don't know when it is.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Halloween Costume Contest~ :iiam:

First up, Slutty Movie Monster, won by Wraith.

Next, Slutty Cartoon Character, also won by Wraith.

Then we've got Slutty Hobo, won by Mister Cuddles.

Moving on to Slutty Muppet, we have no winners because everyone standing was just in some lovely furry costume they already had for yiffing in Club Caprice The Flying Squirrel.

After that we had another double winner (there were like 10-15 people in the contest but guddamn some of them sucked), Slutty Movie Monster by The Angry Egg.

Finally, The Angry Egg's other winning costume, Slutty Wizard.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the awful (lack of) anti-aliasing just as much as enjoyed fumbling around with Gimp's awful loving interface to crop these fuckers down. Where the gently caress is my Photoshop 7 disc.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

jjac posted:

I'm gonna post some screenshots of my own in case anyone wants to see the winners with actual textures and normal mapping.

EDIT: I just realized out of all the winning players only one was female. :gay:

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be the photographer unless I want to melt my laptop with cranked up settings. :v:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

ColHannibal posted:

gadget power set feature.

Hahah, Cosmics aren't immune to the 1% teddy bear chance on that ray? I don't know how long it lasts (or if it even applies a debuff) but that seems like a weird oversight.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Bluhman posted:

Hardly an oversight: The debuff, though it prevents the target from attacking for roughly 10 seconds or so, also severely boosts their damage resistance, so you don't really get very good free-hits in.

Ah, was not aware of the damage resist boost.

So wait, the rare 1% chance that you do land the teddy bear beam it just makes it almost pointless to try hitting an enemy for the duration? So Experimental Beam is entirely useless. :shepface:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I assume that the 35 year life expectancy is supposed to be a "no really guys it's not creepy and pedophillic 11 is actually pretty old" but then they go on about how she's young and is basically a child.

That's not how living things with short lifespans work, but good luck convincing anyone otherwise.

:negative:

Asimo posted:

That reminds me, haven't seen much in the way of horrible bios in this thread yet. Don't think Virtue on CoH gets to have all the fun! Time for folks to go do some... field research. :gonk:

Fine, fine, I'll go hit up Club Caprice and write some more "research papers" sooner or later.

If I don't drown in a pool of my own vomit first, that is. (or more likely just not find enough interestingly awful people to interrogate)

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Mewnie posted:

Caprice has really gone downhill. Other places to check are Sherrerra's in MC and The Minefield in Vibora (Bonus points for catching someone in the doors while RP walking.)

Of course, with hideouts, the most :spergin: of the roleplayers have hidden out of sight, though I did see two furries lesbianing it up just outside the tailor last night as well :gonk:

Hideouts, the bane of my existence.

The worst of people (and the best of targets) are more than willing to spend fifty dollars on a furry moonbase. drat them! :argh:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The control panel on their site lists every code you've entered as a specific unlock (my Steam purchase, for example), so chances are it'll detect the codes as being from either specific retailers or as a generic code and probably won't let you stack them if they match. I never looked into much though.

Also, :toot:, can't wait to see how many chumps buy fifty bags of poo poo just to get a costume piece. Gotta love cash shops.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Mewnie posted:

And then the CC would be flooded with hyperblack beast stance werewolves :v:

You say that like that doesn't happen anyways.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

LordSaturn posted:

So I'm not the only one who immediately wondered how hard you could slog a computer with the 'free rocks' button?

If I weren't afraid of melting my own computer before managing to melt other people's computers, this would most certainly become my favorite reason to go to Club Caprice.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I haven't run the new newbie missions yet, but given how boring and linear the Canada and Desert missions got, I don't think they could get much worse. At least if they sped it up a bit it wouldn't be quite as bad.

I might run through the new newbie zone next time I get around to booting this up to see the changes.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

angerbeet posted:

You're in the West End of Millenium City, beating up on the same gangsters in featureless warehouses. Again and again!

It's terrible, the desert and Canada situations were far better.

I guess they could find a way to make the intro more boring. :psyduck:

Are Canada and the Desert just in addition to what quests used to be around that level, or have they replaced what used to be there?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
So they moved the fast and easy of the two old crises and left Canada as an option? That sucks, unless the new one is even easier to drill through quickly, the Desert at least went by quickly in its horrible repetitiveness.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Uh, yeah, I guess that was a bad choice of words. For a game that encourages making new characters all the time though, there really should be more stuff to start out with, even if it tapers off not long after.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Seems about on the same level as naming yourself after your power, especially when your power is heavily related to your travel method (wind in this case).

Superhero names are made to be cheesy and silly, it's just their thing.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Well, unless they changed it (or unless you have the toggle that hides stuff you don't own, can't remember if that exists or not though) you should see stuff you don't own, just with an icon next to it showing that you need to make a purchase to get it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Wow, that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. There's hardly anything to learn in the tutorial, why would they shovel old players back through it? :psyduck:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Aphrodite posted:

Havoc Stomp lets you not knockback.

They finally realized having the best core skill in a powerset be an AoE Knockback was bad? :toot:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
For once I'm glad to hear that furries are swarming to something, because it means Club Caprice won't be quite so barren of people to make fun of. :v:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

prefect posted:

Apologies if I'm missing something, but what do you mean by "metal-slime"?

Thanks.

He described it in that post. "high defense, lots of heals, and aside from any CON superstatting, fuckall boosts to health."

The idea being to focus on preventing damage coming in rather than soaking it with a large health pool. The Metal is the mitigation, the Slime is the low health pool.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Vermain posted:

Metal Slimes are a monster from the Dragon Quest series with the aforementioned attributes (ridiculously hard to penetrate defenses but measly HP), unless I'm misremembering my Metal Slime stats.

I'm not very up on Dragon Quest but I'm fairly certain this is how it works, where they essentially take 1 damage per hit. The idea's been used in other RPGs, and I know that's how it works in them.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
On the plus side the hilarious numbers that you get to see when you use Dragon Claw are totally worth it, plus the animation is cool.

How many Claw skills do you have to get before you can snag it and grab other stuff? Can't remember from the time I messed around with it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
If nothing's changed with it since I last played (considering how neglected Claws is this wouldn't surprise me), Claws is bad because there's one absolutely amazing skill and the rest are just average or bad.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Freeforms get locked and I think can be swapped back to an archetype to be played while f2p, but I'm not sure how often you can swap them (I think there's a limit?).

That said, if you're just here to gently caress around then yeah, don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Gynovore posted:

As for the costume creator, two things stick in my mind; only five hairstyles were available at first, and the boob slider defaults to the max.

On the plus side, it can only go down from there! :v: