Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

There's a new travel power in the Q store:

Picture here.

Also, the rolling Q store sale is back. Starting tomorrow, each of the Q TPs will be on sale for 24 hours at 50% off.

10/26: Hyper Ball
10/27: Electro Flight
10/28: Mystic Flight
10/29: Chain Swinging
10/30: Energy Swinging
10/31: Vine Swinging

Then finally on November 1st, the Cyberpunk costume set and Rank 6 mods are 30% off.

Buy these. I bought almost every one of them during the last sale. So glad I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Kelp Plankton posted:

That is the silliest travel power I've seen in any game. Giant glowing skull as a mode of transportation. What can even use that and make any sense? Necromancers? Eldritch horrors? Skull Man?

Pretty good go-to weirdass choice for nonsense characters though.

I am calling dibs on Skull Man. Making it happen when I get home.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Maybe I'm slow, but did I miss something? I can't get to the champions website or launch the game. Derp.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Bluhman posted:

Yup, apparently other people are having trouble with the patching server or something. It's noted on the launcher, main page, and with people on the official forums complaining.

Ah, so basically every location I can't see. Awesome.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
It better be on the moon. :colbert:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I really hope some new content hits soon. I haven't logged any hours in months because who cares about a loving snow tank. :colbert:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Can someone put a screenshot up of it on imgur or something? DoD blocks any website related to gaming (gently caress them).

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Wow that's ugly as sin. Although, I guess that means this whole thing will be related to some under water stuff. I was hoping for space action. :(

Hmmmm, I supposed it could be space still, but I doubt it.

EDIT: yeah that background has seaweed. Damnit.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I hated Lemuria so much. Sigh.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I was thinking about getting back into it again. Just distracted with SimCity's shittiness and getting into Marvel Heroes' beta atm.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I think it's that because I know I had a Cryptic account and then the PW thing happened, but I was NEVER asked to merge and the merging instructions just say, "Log in HERE!" and then when I do nothing loving happens.

They asked everybody to merge. It was a mass e-mail. You probably missed it or it was sent to your spam box or something.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'd like to build a force-field type character, but I am poo poo at building anything not directing related to making GBS threads out damage. I'd like to use PFF as a passive (yes, I know how bad it is) and force a primary focus for damage/support. Any one of you goons with build expertise wanna fashion something up that might be serviceable at 40? I've never been able to make a support toon like that work myself.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Alright goony build gods, perhaps you can guide me in a direction. I just hit 40 with a character that I'd like to be technology based ranged DPS. I've been using Pulse Beam rifle for single target and Orbital Cannon for AoE. Other powers I have that I'm digging the hell out of right now:

Pulse Beam Rifle
Orbital Canon
Implosion Engine
Support Drones
Quarry
Concentration
Ego Surge w/ Nimble Mind
Evasive Maneuvers
MSA

My question is, for ranged DPS what primary/secondaries should I aim for? Also, any suggestions on powers to add to (or swap with) for a more efficient build?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I finished my DPS Ice build recently. Never knew that spam tapping ice blast repeatedly could do so much damage.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Filthy Lucre posted:

What are you using for an Energy Unlock? I have an tap spam Ice character as well, just always seem to run out of energy if I'm not being punched in the face.

Went with Overdrive since I use Avalanche a lot in alerts.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
That looks similar to when I made an android version of Superman and named him C.L.A.R.K. Looks good man.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
any indication when we're getting more auras? Not a fan of the ones they released, really. Hopefully the ice effect from ice form, fire from fire form, and the glowy from ego form shows up soon. :ohdear:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Auras are fun. I came back casually just to fly around as a glowy. :smug:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I found a person:

:stonk:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Always been partial to concussive beams for the hand slot, myself. Do pretty solid damage too.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Hey Bluhman (or anybody else, for that matter): any suggestions on what superstats/powers to stuff into this Ranged DPS concept so I can be thematically where I want to be and still survive/be usuful in Gravitar? He's a Cosmic-themed guy and uses Power Armor attacks. This is what I have right now:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Impulse
Level 6: Academics
Level 9: Negotiator
Level 12: Wordly
Level 15: Field Ops Training
Level 18: Daredevil
Level 21: Investigator

Powers:
Level 1: Power Bolts
Level 1: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 6: Eye Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Concentration
Level 11: Unbreakable
Level 14: Overdrive
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 26: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
Level 29: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Planar Fracture
Level 35: Orbital Cannon (Rank 2, Anvil of Dawn)
Level 38: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Power Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Right now the only things I really want to keep are Concussor Beams and Eye Beams, although I want everything to be energy-based. Call me Captain Lasers. Is there any way to use those while turning him into something that can somewhat survive gravitar and still put out DPS? I'm assuming Constitution is a must for a secondary, but I have no idea how to build anything.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 20, 2014

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

James_Bonnell posted:

Without putting together a full build, the one thing there I'd probably ditch is Planar Fracture.

Yeah that's the first thing I'm ditching. Was just a "I have 1 more power, this looks cosmic-y" type deal.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'm having issues with screenshots on the test forum unfortunately, but I can say this: The 90s Foxbat mask is literally wolverine's mask. Literally. Not real close. Not kinda similar. It's the exact same, two-tone design and everything. The rest of it is basically nolan-bat with some poo poo chest piece that looks way out of place.

The BatFox looks cool as poo poo though.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I voted for the holo armor. If it works like the drawings, it'd be glow city. The FB link doesn't do that actual submission justice. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4084061&postcount=23

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Is there a chance we could get a bluhman sponsored freeform ice build with the new changes? :cheers:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Does someone want to build a competent deadpool build with regen, swords, and guns? I tried and failed miserably. :(

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Flesh Forge posted:

How do you mess up regen + anything? :confused: What did it not do that you want it to do?

Regent was fine but I've been so used to offensive passives I don't know how to get reliable damage out of anything but that.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Anyone want to give me an end-game offensive or debuff (or a mix of both!) build based off the new sorcery powers? I've never been good and building for end-game poo poo, gravitar, etc. Really enjoying the new sorcery powerset but I'd like to take it into harder content.

Edit: Freeform.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 27, 2016

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I still log in. Bluhman does too. Game is meh, but whatever. I login to kill a couple cosmics. That's about the extent of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Milky Moor posted:

I've gotten back into CO, too. Mainly because I found a neat RP group.

As far as I've heard about CO shutting down, though... I've seen people say that Cryptic can't actually shut down CO as its infrastructure allows STO and NW to function and it's basically a big ol' mess.

edit: It kind of amazes me CO never got NW's Foundry. It's so perfect for it.

PM me this group. This is the only reason I bother to login to CO anymore.