Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Category ideas:

Boo Radley
Biography With the Most Cliches
Plaid
Most Racist Depiction of a Minority
Angst Angst Angst Angst
Most Expensive Costume (Costume with the most premium parts)
Creepiest Fetish
Most Similar to the Basic Costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

If you do use Spirit Reverb/Void Shift/Burning Chi Fist interaction you have to do this every time Evasive is up. No exceptions. You are significantly less badass if you do not:
Void Shift to apply Fear if it's not already up, Burning Chi Fist, Evasive Maneuvers, Void Shift. Then continue burning them with your mighty Chi or Dragon Kicks.

It's even more badass if you use Breakaway Shot instead of Evasive Maneuvers, but that has a significantly higher energy cost. Plus Breakaway has no cooldown, so you may find yourself forgetting to use real attacks because of how cool you look.

Still, this is a superhero game. Looking cool is way more important.

Before I retconned to Dex/Int I was Dex/End, and with that large of an energy pool I could chain Breakaway Shot 3-4 times; I would basically just jetpack above the enemies spamming it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Dang, I haven't played this in a long time but I'm starting to get the itch. So, my old characters will have to be respecced into an archetype and what premium costume pieces I had will no longer be available, right?

Well, if by premium you mean ones you've spent Cryptic funbucks on then you'll still have those.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. :colbert:

And yeah, I'm not sure the weapon pack is really worth 380 cryptic fun bucks, although they are some fairly nice designs. The big rock axe does finally maybe make a powerset that fits the old premium rock costume set though. In any case, have some images.

I just wish that instead of an axe they added a rock hammer or something, that'd look way cooler.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

In fairness, Sentry is a fairly transparent ripoff of homage to Superman, so it's not like you're the first there. :v:

I also wish eye beams didn't suffer the Power Armor Toggle Curse, since they're a pretty awesome and (I believe) unique SFX, in being the only powers that emanate from the eyes. It's arguably worse than the other power armor toggles too, since they're intentionally middling damage and no-cost in order to be stacked atop the other toggles, but that means they're pointless to use alone. :argh:

Not only are they garbage in terms of damage, you can't even really stack them with the other toggles because they TAKE UP THE SHOULDER SLOT, so you can't activate them if you're using mini gun or the shoulder launcher. This is the stupidest poo poo, especially when you consider none of these powers have overlapping animations.

The toggle system is just so hilariously slapped together; you only have 3 slots, Hands/Chest/Shoulder, and you can only activate one power at a time from each of those. For the hand slot you have, what was it, Power Gauntlet, and the energy builder if you get the advantage (which is garbage because, as a toggle, it loving disables all your other powers while you're using it, so you have to stop maintaining it if you want to use any other attacks.) There's also that other one where you shoot lasers out of your hands and it kind of shoves things? Iunno.

For the chest slot you have micro munitions and chest beam. Despite using two different slots, you cannot use chest beam with any of the hand slot powers, as chest beam is a charge power. So for hand/chest "synergy" you either have to use power gauntlet and micro munitions or laser hands with micro munitions. Since the energy builder advantage is loving terrible and Power Gauntlet is hugely outclassed by Chest Beam, there is no situation in which you'll be using a hand slot. The laser hands are also dumb why would anyone even use them just use Chest Beam it is the only good attack.

Mini Gun, Shoulder Launcher, and Eye Beams all take up the same slot. Shoulder Launcher is a pretty good opener and just generally does a good chunk of damage, and mini gun applies a nice debuff with the advantage. Eye beams is the worst power in the entire game and should never be used. Mini Gun is probably the only power that properly "synergizes" with the others, as it's genuinely useful while using either Micro Munitions or Chest Beam. Shoulder Launcher works with Micro Munitions, but it doesn't really synergize aside from the fact that they can be used at the same time. You really can't use it with Chest Beam as both take up too much energy.

The few combinations that work work pretty well, but the entire system is just really, really stupid.

EDIT: The only true advantage of being able to activate the powers at the same time is near the beginning of the game when you can use a power replace without totally maiming your stats; the power replace will proc all the goddamn time, meaning you'll pretty much kill everything within about 2 seconds. It's also amazing for lowbie PvP, as power replace damage goes straight through blocks and I believe even Defensive Passives.

Crocoswine fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 15, 2011

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Ah sorry, I just kind of figured that concussor wouldn't work with chest beam as power gauntlet doesn't (it should.) I assume the energy builder thing works then as well?

With my PA character I tend to use Shoulder Launcher, Mini Gun/Micro, then pretty much nothing but Mini Gun and Chestbeam if whatever I'm attacking is still standing. Sometimes I also cheese my way into using Shoulder Launcher and Mini Gun at the same time, but that only works around half of the time I try it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

delfin posted:

Really? I could swear I've had 1/5s (particularly later on) that didn't raise my score at all.

Same, 1/5s never seemed to raise my crafting skills at all.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Uses for crafting: Bags, consumables, customizable gear to help your alts out (as by the time they'd be useful for the character crafting them they'll have outleveled them,) mini pets, and unlockable costume parts.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well, making bags isn't useful for the crafter, but it's nice to slap 3 bags together and send them off to an alt.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Is Antiproton still around? Because he was loving terrible and I hate him and he never did anything worthwhile except be a useless piece of poo poo bent on making every item in the game worthless/awful.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

doomfunk posted:

Holdout Pistol - if it crits - hits like a loving truck and heals you for a ton but don't rely on it; also it has a sideways roll that can and will carry you into, say, the lava in Andrithal if you're not careful (true story).

If this was true, it's not anymore; whenever I use Holdout Pistol my character does a little roll animation, but doesn't actually move.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Does anyone actually buy those transformation items? I mean apparently there's a market for them, and some of them have unique effects and all, but (at least as a gold member) they seem to be basically "become a character that's probably not as good as the one you are, with a costume you can't change".

People seem to buy them and then put them up on the market a lot; for 100 globals it's a nice little gimmick.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Destroying the last anchor won't really do anything; it'll activate the cutscene and the boss fight, but if you log out there you'll just come back to Destroid part again, no biggy.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well, with the lair review update that changed Stronghold it's kind of a weird quasi-lair. It can be soloed, but it scales with teams just like the adventure packs and Aftershock, and the blue reward at the end scales as well depending on the difficulty.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeah, was messing around with a TK sword character earlier (albeit only at level 17) and it's just... a blender. Once you have the passive offense and the energy regen passive and Form of the Tempest, it can basically operate constantly even as just Dex/Ego. And Ego Blade Annihilation when maxed out hits like a goddamn truck, one-shotting villains and one-shotting bosses on a crit at that level... and that's without even having EBB's debuff on them or other damage boosts (was in Guardian role at the time, not Brawler, for example). Ego Blade Frenzy obliterates minions in about half a second, similarly. The only downside to the set is its still squishy, but the Ego Weaponry/Siphoning Strikes advantage covers this a bit, and there's enough room for some defensive powers later.

Ranged TK is... uh, not as good. :v: The only really decent power in the sub-set is TK Lance, and that's not really enough to cover it. The offensive ranged passive is too narrow and does nothing for defense, and even with the toggle form buff none of the other attacks just hit all that hard, and all of them are charge powers so they have the usual annoyances there. Sad, but nothing that can't be poked at, and at least TK as a whole is menacing in PVE finally.

Also, the Telekinesis power itself is absolutely hilarious. Somewhat limited use, but it's sort of how throwing things with strength should've been. Push button, character makes a gesture, and a nearby car or something flies into enemy's face. Not the most effective of powers, but up there with Roomsweeper in the "fun to watch" category.

I just picked up Telekinesis on my Darkness/Ego poo poo hybrid, and despite it probably being the least useful power I have I keep spamming it because making everything in the room pile onto a guy is just amazingly fun to watch.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Oh man, I wasn't really paying any attention to that set but it looks loving awesome.

Also, get Krogan'd:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Here's the costume file: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Costume_FlyinPingu_NoName_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_365315629.jpg

The Cyborg Steampunk back piece makes for a better hump if you've got it unlocked, but I'm pretty sure to use that you also have to give up the chest wear.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Huh. What's the head piece(s) and chest piece there? I don't seem to have either. :raise:

Head piece is the Colossus Head from killing 20 Colossi in Resistance, chest piece is the bulky chest armor thing that unlocks from one of the craftable science items; you could pretty much just replace the chest piece with anything else, though.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Double post!

Just got an honorable mention in a Duo Costume Contest. You could have been there Pingu, way to drop the ball.

I'm starting to rethink that decision on Vermire.

The Garrus is jjac. I don't know what his forum name is. It might even be jjac.

I've been trying to get enough snakebux for the steampunk back piece, so I wouldn't have been ready. Also I'm pretty sure the huge stance kind of bones my Krogan costume over; he would come out shorter than Garrus :(

That said I just set up Pidgin so I won't miss out on costume contests when I'm not in game.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I would play this game constantly if I had people to team with. As it stands now, I play for an hour, can't find anyone to team with, and quit because I'm bored. Good job for the Champions guys making this game possible to solo most of it, but I can't find the energy to play it.

You know what I would spend actual money on? Team mates. You can already buy a base of operations, how about heroes to fill it? If they did something like you can create up to four heroes for your team but you can only bring one along at a time I would pay for that. The current one hour thing is just not worth it. I'd like to actually design my team mates.

Add @FlyinPingu in game; when I'm actually playing I'll pretty much always be up for teaming, as it can get kind of boring playing alone.

But yeah I'd totally shell out like 10 dollars to build my own sidekick. Probably couldn't let your freeform them as that would horribly break the game, but making a guy and slapping an archetype on him would be pretty cool.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Doing an Adventure Pack or Comic Series with a full team of 5 on elite will get you better equipment than you would get doing it alone.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh holy poo poo is that a duck head.

Oh my GOD.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

repLOLican posted:

More furry poo poo? Really?

Cryptiiiiiiiiiiiiic :doom:

Uh birds don't have fur stupid, god. Now excuse me while I go have elaborate sexual roleplays with my ducksona.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Is there a horse head? I'm almost tempted to make a horrible muscle horse-lady thing ala Homestuck.

"I LOVE BEING STRONG."

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I just wish there were more nose sliders, especially for the nose bridge; I want hook noses. :(

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

And the female version is dumb as gently caress because the female character model just doesn't work for things that are big and power armor-y. It looks awful, especially if you view them side by side.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nope don't want any of that birdmen first please.

Gotta get duckin'.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

If I'm able to attend I'll likely be Dunold Dock, king of kings.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The shared hideout bank slots might be additional slots you can purchase for it.

E: Ah men, beaten by an edit.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well fine, I'll go as Fleabite then.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Nooo you beat me to it. :negative: Good thing the golden age stuff hits September though, a friend of mine is crazy eager for it.

Also, I wonder what the hell "heroic power flight" will be.

My bet's on flight with a more superman-esque animation, arm forward and all that.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Speaking of moon bases...

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I did, but I mean

pictures alone cannot capture the experience.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

AttackBacon posted:

What pants are those on Devillin? They're definitely not anything I have in my pants options.

Just the baggy jumpsuit set to the chaps pattern, along with the cybernetic implants leg accessory.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

So the new trick or treat bags can apparently give you a temporary mummy sidekick, who comes with two travel power skins. Any news on what those skins are?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Wouldn't Unstoppable from Might also work? They both effect physical melee damage. That said, I don't really know the viability of it or how it would be any better than choosing Way of the Warrior.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

ColHannibal posted:

Deus ex will 100% be a C-store exclusive.

Champs posted:

In addition to these rewards, we’ve also begun to create brand-new sets of elaborately detailed, themed costumes which will be available at new in-game vendors throughout all levels.

Before we go, I’ll leave you with a closer look at just one of these sets, which features all-new cyborg arms, glowing tights, and a number of bionic accessories.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Mewnie posted:

Also only one secondary slot for each type :aaa:

I'll have to wait until I can see the itemization changes to get the full picture, but as it stands, players are getting knocked down a peg and NPCs are getting buffed.

Will be a big change and I'm sure a lot of the CO spergs will :spergin: out over these changes, but the game is way too easy as it is anyways.

EDIT: Oh yeah, looks like CO is getting it's own version of STO's dilithium system. That's most likely how these new costumes sets are earned in-game I bet.

I don't know, I think the specializations will balance out (and will probably go beyond that, even,) the reduction in secondary items.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Not sure if this was mentioned, but according to the post on the PTS they're also adding item modification.

PTS posted:

Item Modification:
Hello Champions! The item modification system is now available for full use on the PTS! To modify an item with available slots (these items will say that you can open them in the tooltip) either Control+Right Click the item to open the modification window. From here you may drag a modification that matches the slot (Enhancement, Armoring, Offensive Core, Defensive Core, and Utility Core) and it will immediately take effect. To remove a modification, just drag it back to your inventory where you will be prompted to confirm removal and pay a small fee (these values are not yet final). Item tooltips do not yet reflect the slotted Modifications, but rest assured they are functioning. Also keep in mind that modifications do not currently bind, so feel free to trade them with your friends! In addition you will also notice the Fuse button, which is currently not functional and opens a temporary window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Benjamin Black posted:

Wow, these are some really exciting updates to the game, I might just play it again. I guess the Perfect World buyout was a pretty good thing.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the whole specialization system. I'm glad that the game is doing well enough to update like this instead of just slowly rotting.