Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"INPUT not supported" sounds like it doesn't like your keyboard driver or some poo poo, not your graphics adapter/monitor.

Like a lot of City of X refugees, yes I'm lurking this thread too. It sounds like the basic problems that made me drop Champions a long while back (just before the release of Alerts if I remember correctly) are still problems, namely that there isn't much new structured content and that everybody's a tankmage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mewnie posted:

ANTIPROOOOTOOOOONNNNNNNNN! :argh:

He's gone (or moved to Neverwinter, I forget) and they scrapped the stupid crafting system of his.

The only legacy of his that is left is the Vibora costume drops (which did get a drop rate buff after AP left).

That's pretty encouraging to hear actually, that was one of my relatively few beefs with this game (1 in thousands drop rate for things).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Welp I dug up my old account and resubbed :toot:

Goon me up, where do I go and stuff.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have a couple of level 40 characters to retcon and there's a lot of new stuff that looks neat. How does this sorcery build look?
PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=6&n=&d=1645Q456SRVD040L000L203L805LB00LA03M203MD0BM503MB00OA04O400NB00N503L6030nHx2M8C0bdY

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Grimoire
Level 6: Brilliant
Level 9: Indomitable
Level 12: Intimidating
Level 15: Diplomatic
Level 18: Academics
Level 21: Showmanship

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Sigils of Arcane Runes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Imbue With Power)
Level 8: Circle of Arcane Power
Level 11: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Sigils of the Primal Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 20: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Circle of Primal Dominion
Level 26: Divine Renewal (Radiant Renewal)
Level 29: Aura of Radiant Protection
Level 32: Circle of Ebon Wrath
Level 35: Aura of Ebon Destruction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Compassion (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Fire Flight
Level 35: Acrobatics

Specializations:
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
Overseer: Honor (2/2)
Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thanks for the advice - I'm pretty OK with how sigils work, since I would typically throw fire sigils (boom immediately) and then storm sigils and let them tick out their damage. Yes it is pretty dumb to take three auras though, I'll pick something else. The character is already 40, I'm coming back from 3 year break, so this is my free retcon.

I liked having multiple circles in the past and actually used all three from time to time so I'll probably hang onto those, I don't really need a lot besides. Probably will take the Celestial single target heal/beam thingy I guess.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

General Maximus posted:

Alternately, since Arcane Vitality, Skarn's Bane and the Celestial power you mentioned are all maintains, grab Overdrive from power armor which gives you a stacking energy over time buff any time you maintain a power for over half of its maximum time. And yes, it does work just fine with non-PA powers.

For all the energy management stuff I really liked Circle of Arcane Power. Lemme think about that. Also I had thought that Presence factored into the amount of buff provided by the auras, is that not true? That's the main reason I have Presence as primary superstat, if it doesn't affect the aura buffs then I guess I could drop it.
e: mmmm yeah Overdrive looks pretty nice, thanks for the tip.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 14, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bestial Supernatural makes a fun melee character. I had this character built around Claws originally but since I had a free retcon I did it like this instead, and gosh.

My account name is @kaballah, goons feel free to add me and show me stuff.

Bob NewSCART posted:

How are the ice tank dudes? They seem pretty cool, and I like being a tank, although I don't think that there's much need to be a tank in this game?

I wouldn't exactly say there is no need for a tank. For the large number of alert events I've been doing, about half fail because DPS people just die repeatedly and nobody is there to do anything about it, whether support or tank or both. I remember the Therakiel event needs people doing specific jobs, maybe you can get away with not having a player in the "Tank" role but it sure helps.

(bleh never mind I forgot storm sigils)

I didn't realize Compassion was a TOGGLE, that's pretty sweet.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 15, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey could somebody answer some questions for me about how the current client works?
Why do my F2-F5 keys not select teammates? (e.g. for healing/buffing team people)
How do I exit an Alert instance early as I see people doing fairly often? (died in Gravitar, rez'd and had to sit at the entrance until everyone else finished it)
How do I locate downed people to actually use my rez other power? I thought you could target them and hit F to walk to them but that didn't work.

Thanks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Also I commonly see a member count of 5 in Supergoon but nobody ever talks when I say something on the channel, are there like goon-run bots on the channel or something?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jjac posted:

If you're running an alert you're technically not in a party (which yes, is stupid as hell). You'll have to invite them all manually into a 'proper' party or stick to mouse-targeting.

That... That is an amazingly stupid thing. Ungh.

Well anyway it's Friday and you nerds should come punch mans in the dick with me yeah.

e: oh it's Thursday isn't it. Every day is Dickpunch Day.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 16, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I keep seeing 1-2 people quit the alert inside the first minute (out of the 2 minute ones) - seriously what is the point of queueing for the goddamn thing if you're going to quit at first glance on the team? This happens about half the alerts I (try to) do. Really making me not want to do them at all, at least the XP ones. Harmon Labs at least tends to not attract too many shitheads.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'll be on a lot and I have a level 40 sorcery support character pretty well suited for Therakiel's:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...K000nHx045l2M8G

Name: Kaballah

Super Stats:
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Arcanus
Level 6: Diplomatic
Level 9: Finesse
Level 12: Coordinated
Level 15: Intimidating
Level 18: Brilliant
Level 21: Agile

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts (Wizard's Discretion)
Level 1: Sigils of Arcane Runes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Compassion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
Level 11: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Overdrive
Level 23: Celestial Conduit (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Divine Renewal (Radiant Renewal)
Level 32: Rebirth
Level 35: Circle of Arcane Power
Level 38: Unbreakable

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Fire Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Acrobatics

Specializations:
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (2/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentry: Precise (3/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)

I also have a reasonably good tank ready to roll; and a ranged DPS character sitting in the Powerhouse that I need to retcon to modern standards. All of them have pretty terrible gear though.

Y'know that buttcape from the vampires in Vibora? I was doing the Vibora unlock last night with one of my characters and the drat thing dropped for me. I spent something like a week farming vampires back in 2010 because I really wanted that stupid buttcape and none of the costume parts dropped, now that. "Welcome back" I guess!

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 17, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Make fun of my poison-based build:

scratch that, oh god that is way too complicated for me to play

How about this:

scratch that too, wow darkness has unappealing affects

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 18, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

I dunno what your "poison build" was but Infernal actually does a lot of damage from just stacking up the DOT on the blast. The problem I've always had with it is that while the energy unlock for it pretty much gives you infinite energy, it's prone to latency, which makes it a lot less useful for spamming things that I'd want to spam (i.e. Defile!), as opposed to channels where it works great.

Infernal looks like a great set, just the thing with fire snake and trying to set up a massive Epidemic mordots just seemed a bit too busy for me, but then again the build I went with (offensive sorcery) isn't all that good or efficient or terribly fun either. Plus it's basically a gimped version of a proper support sorcery build. I also don't think I like the Pestilence offensive passive, if I do that set I'd probably be happier with Fire Form.

PS TK blade is rad as poo poo

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 18, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Line of sight makes a lot of powers appear to work, but actually fail (lunges are really bad about this).

Anyone wants to do some rad poo poo today let me know, @Kaballah or speak up on SuperGoon.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why don't I ever see anybody playing TK Blades? What is the secret lovely thing that I must be missing because the set is rad as hell?

I tried to do a Nemesis Confrontation with a couple of other goons earlier and uh, I walked out the exit right after getting out of jail. That was pretty irritating that you can still do that without any confirmation dialog -- you'd think after three years they'd do something about that -- but on the other hand COH had the same things going on at the end too with several years head start.

Overall I'm having a ball with the current state the game is in, it's pretty darn fun to be a superhero again!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cuchulain and Bluhman and I punched all the dicks until the wee hours of the morning and Cuch finally got his first CO character to 40. I also finished leveling my TK blades character (great fun) and am probably gonna roll with this for a more final build (currently I have 4 junk powers):

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...J000mUB42iK3bhy

Name: Kushiel

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Glacier
Level 6: Covert Ops Training
Level 9: Martial Training
Level 12: Sniper Training
Level 15: Survival Training
Level 18: Field Ops Training
Level 21: Acrobat

Powers:
Level 1: Ego Blade
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
Level 11: Mental Discipline (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
Level 14: Ego Blade Breach (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 20: Ego Reverberation
Level 23: Ego Blade Dash (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 26: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Unbreakable
Level 35: Telekinetic Eruption
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2)
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

I'm very surprised and truth be told, somewhat disappointed just how drastically the modern itemization amps up character toughness but oh well, that's how the game is right now so I might as well build for it (Fortified Gear, Best Defense stacked twice). I'd like to fit some kind of ranged AOE in but I don't really have any room.

e: oh why not, crippling challenge on the lunge
e2: well TK eruption is pretty awesome so how about that instead of ego surge

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 20, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Here's another try at my sorcery support build, the first version of which wasn't really very good offensively OR defensively and while I could heal a ton, that was basically all I could do. Taking and slotting both Inertial Dampening Field and Compassion; and Aura of Radiant Protection and Primal Mastery. I went with the Sorcery block because dammit it looks loving awesome. Main source of damage is Skarn's Bane and storm sigils.

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...5030nGO3Svt2LvS

Name: Kaballah

Super Stats:
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Radiant
Level 6: Jack of All Trades
Level 9: Discipline Training
Level 12: Sniper Training
Level 15: Command Training
Level 18: Survival Training
Level 21: Covert Ops Training

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts (Wizard's Discretion)
Level 1: Compassion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Pillar of Poz
Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3, Runic Glow)
Level 11: Sigils of the Primal Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
Level 23: Overdrive
Level 26: Celestial Conduit (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Divine Renewal
Level 38: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Fire Flight
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
Presence: Repurpose (2/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)

I have really inferior gear but that's fixable.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Just popping in to say, my build seems to be really awesome at team buffing both defensively and offensively. Compassion probably is not going to get used much unless the team really just does not need defense at all.

Buffing little people into tiny gods

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cleretic posted:

So far on the 'RNG build' front, I've gotten to level 8. Not a big start, but at least it is one.

The exact rules I went with were:
-One builder (I don't think you can pick another anyway), one passive, one form toggle, one shield, all at the levels where ATs get them, just to ensure some base utility. I will probably also permit one tier 4 power when I get to that. Everything else is picked completely at random.

There's actually good reasons to have more than one form - specifically Inertial Dampening Field, which is quite good. It reduces damage by a flat # of points, unlike resistance which reduces the remaining damage (after damage reduction) by a percentage. I know you're on the path of randomness but just FYI. And yeah picking a random energy unlock will probably end up being completely inapplicable, they're very specific to their conditions.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Good lord Poison Infernal is nuts.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Levels 1-20 in one sitting, Poison plays like a jet! Gonna go puke now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey they're adding new content, a new alert type:
http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=963131

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

If you really want a support build, I've messed around with just about every support skill and my take is pretty much:
- Aura of Primal Majesty, period, stack presence and it will give your team a ton of stats, including pretty much unlimited energy. It's basically Speed Boost Lite. (RIP Speed Boost)
- Mindful Reinforcement is a must-get IMO because it's never wasted and, unlike the Force shield, hits instantly and has a very short delay before you can do things again.
- Sentinel Mastery with Dark Blast and Psychotic Break is really loving good. It's a percentage max health heal on hit to your entire team, it scales with your healing (I was getting ~6%), it triggers even if the target is stun immune, the DOT will make it heal you, and the healing is sourced on the people getting healed so you don't get aggro.
- Consider getting Miniaturization Drive.

And yes, always take Rebirth and an actual heal (i.e. not just Mindful Reinforcement) or Gravitar will wreck your poo poo.

This is all great info, but I'm gonna leave my current sorcery build alone because I'm pretty drat happy with how she works. I already knew the stat aura was the most powerful offense option but I want to leave the resist aura and Inertial Dampening Field in, for those occasions when there's just not enough tank on the team. I'm also not all that good at proper HEAL NOW gameplay so I'd just as soon stick with preventative measures. (e: I do have Conduit though) There isn't really anything else in that build that I want to drop - possibly Compassion, I don't really need it at all but it's a pretty nice toggle. I depend very heavily on Circle of Primal Dominion for the KB resist - 480% KB resist is pretty hard to let go of, KB is by far the biggest problem for me when I play support. I don't have any energy problems with my current gear except after a full run of Skarn's Bane when I'm already low, and one EB hit brings me back to almost full again so I don't really get a lot of benefit from the energy payback from Compassion.

I'll be making another support though, and will try Mindful Reinforcement for sure.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 21, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Poison is still completely nuts. Here's what I've got so far (planned to 40 but currently level 26, this includes what I've already picked):

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...J000mTO3SXZ0EB6

Name: Mandrake

Super Stats:
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Unleashed
Level 9: Field Ops Training
Level 12: Covert Ops Training
Level 15: Command Training
Level 18: Martial Training
Level 21: Survival Training

Powers:
Level 1: Infernal Bolts (Toxin Overload)
Level 1: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Phlebotomist)
Level 8: Supernatural Power
Level 11: Epidemic (Rank 2, Outbreak)
Level 14: Aspect of the Infernal
Level 17: Pounce (Crippling Challenge)
Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3, Voracious Darkness)
Level 26: Condemn (Redemption Denied)
Level 29: Defile (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Ooze Tunneling

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Initiative (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Crippling Challenge isn't on the lunge right now but I do like having it and I'll pick it up towards the end of leveling. I dumped the starter blast because I don't have any use for it. I think it's particularly telling that in Radiation Rumble, I pretty much always get aggro from the boss. Soloing this character is broken as hell, basically I just fly around holding down Epidemic. If a large group looks a little hard then I can open with Condemn, and by the time the stun wears off everything is dead. I am saddened that Fire Snake is so immensely better than Defile for debuffing poison resist but oh well, I have a green "poison gas" summon dammit.

Currently Mandrake is parked at the Stronghold, so if anyone wants to do that let me know, I'm gonna play another character a bit anyhow.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

287mb patch :toot:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bluhman posted:

You're playing the build with an offense-passive, meaning you are going to do magnanimous damage. This said, Crippling Challenge is a tanking utility, meaning while it does decrease enemy stats pretty heartily, it also forces the target to attack you. Basically, if you're running on a team, healers and tanks are going to hate you.

Oh I know exactly what it does, I still just really like having it. I wouldn't even be using it in proper teams most of the time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Six levels (to get you to 40) is maybe 2-3 days of vigorous/poopsocky playing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

Could someone take a look at my Monkey?

Not really sure what to do to make him more effective. Uppercut is just there because I wasn't sure what else to take, Haymaker is mainly just for Trauma on the off chance I get stuck in an Ao Alert or something.

Put Crippling Challenge on something that doesn't have a cooldown (or put it on more than one thing, that's fine). Nailed to the Ground is also a really nice advantage to have somewhere if you can fit it in, for cases like Valerian where she'll fly up over the party and people without flight kinda sit there and are screwed.

I don't think I would rank up Form of the Master - in fact for you, since you're using Invulnerability, I don't think I'd take it at all. Also Molecular Self-Assembly will only trigger when you throw the lunge really, there's probably a more effective choice. If you're using a lot of chargeup attacks then Overdrive might work better for you. Also for defensive passives, you might try plain old Lightning Reflexes, especially these days with all the high dodge you can acquire with gear.

e: For the various Forms, you only start combat with an extra stack or two of whatever the benefit is, and if you picked a smart onethe "do X thing to obtain a stack of whatever" is something you'll be doing in the first few seconds of any combat. I don't think it's worthwhile to rank that kind of thing personally unless you're playing slow.

e2: You know what, I've never actually taken MSA and from reading the description (6 second energy over time buff) it might be pretty sweet to have it firing every time you throw your lunge after all, how well does that work for you?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 23, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

e: 155mb patch :toot:

I took out my 40 electric ranged tank last night and updated her gear from 2010 era to modern level 40 blue stuff, with rank 5 mods slotted. Me and Cuchulain did a bunch of alerts and wow, that was some fun tanking. Not even COH let you be a serious tank and yet have really significant ranged damage, it was pretty awesome. Orbit has a dumb build though so I'll be rebuilding more like this:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...U002so7438W03Et

Name: Orbit

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Hero
Level 6: Survival Training
Level 9: Field Ops Training
Level 12: Martial Training
Level 15: Covert Ops Training
Level 18: Sniper Training
Level 21: Jack of All Trades

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt (Ionic Infusion)
Level 1: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
Level 6: Ionic Reverberation
Level 8: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 11: Defiance (Rank 2, Force of Will)
Level 14: Unbreakable
Level 17: Electric Sheath (Matter – Energy Union)
Level 20: Gigabolt (Rank 2, Death Arc)
Level 23: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 29: Rebirth (Rank 2)
Level 32: Concentration
Level 35: Nanobot Swarm (Rejuvinating Injectors)
Level 38: Resurrection Serum

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
Constitution: Tough (2/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Sentry: Precise (3/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

e: haha what did I JUST SAY about ranking up forms, and I did it myself durrr!

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 23, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Finished leveling my Bestial Supernatural character that I've always liked, and retconned like this - I gave up a little damage but on the other hand she's now a very capable tank too:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...H040mUA0CAT3SWh

Name: Feral

Super Stats:
Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Savage
Level 9: Covert Ops Training
Level 12: Martial Training
Level 15: Paramilitary Training
Level 18: Survival Training
Level 21: Martial Focus

Powers:
Level 1: Bestial Fury
Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 6: Frenzy (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Supernatural Power
Level 11: Aspect of the Bestial
Level 14: Pounce
Level 17: Massacre (Rank 2, Blood Mess)
Level 20: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 23: Rebirth
Level 26: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Devour Essence (Phlebotomist, Crippling Challenge)
Level 32: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3, Voracious Darkness)
Level 35: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't really like pet management in general, but I'm thinking Aura of Primal Majesty with a bunch of pets and Presence as primary super stat would probably be pretty neat. Inertial Dampening Field also. You can passively buff friendlies kind of a shitload in this game.

Also the recent Telepathy powers (Mental Leech, Mental Storm, Mind Break etc.) are rather spiffy, I'm having some fun playing a character built around those and it's going well so far. You don't have the massive in-your-face DPS of Infernal but you have some interesting debuffs and gameplay mechanics to look for ways to abuse.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

I've been playing with something ridiculous lately, a Ranged DPS Earth/Force guy. I've also been debating retconning him into a Ranged Tank Earth/Force guy.

Thoughts? Ridicule? Opinions?

I don't really recommend circle of ebon wrath. I don't see what Field Surge is doing for you at all. Wind Reverberation appears kinda meh compared to other energy unlocks, it only delivers a flat amount of energy once in three seconds.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The newer Telepathy powers, the ones related to Mind Break and Congress of Selves, are pretty interesting. I won't say it's as blatantly powerful as Infernal or Munitions but there are some really nice effects in sustained fights. I'll come back with a finished build when I'm done leveling that character but it's been getting steadily more interesting as I've gotten up to 30. Cool features:
- PVE Soloing, you can skip every non-critical fight due to Congress of Selves' large aggro stealth buff. This is a lot nicer than you might think, if you've already done pretty much all the content and just want to get to the candy.
- Congress of Selves has a feature that bypasses a large percentage of enemy resistance (mine says 30%). I'm not sure how this is calculated so it's hard to say exactly how powerful this is.
- The damage from the newer DOTs (Mental Leech, Shadow of Doubt and Mental Storm) is tied directly to crit chance and crit severity. While I am set up for Presence, it might be very worthwhile to go for Dex or Ego as primary instead.
- I went with Presence because I'm using the Manipulator toggle. I can say my holds definitely have an impact on team survivability in alerts, for squishy teams that have side aggro problems. I'm also pretty totally comfortable taking the alpha for the team because I can open with a AOE stun followed by a long duration AOE hold, and the team has plenty of time to get aggro off of me (whether or not they want to).
- Soloing is extremely easy, but then soloing is extremely easy for most builds. Skipping garbage fights is pretty great though.
- Mind Break is a pretty fair blast type attack by itself but does really amazing things if you let stacks of debuff accrue from the dots. Most particularly the damage and the AOE heal. Versus anything smaller than a Supervillain you will simply never have time to fire it though because your dots kill targets too quickly.

Master of the Mind is so situational it's pretty hard for me to even examine it - it has a duration of 10 seconds and I can't even get time to read the drat power descriptions so I have no idea how it works beyond its tooltip. It has a base cooldown of 2:15 so it's really annoying to test. I want to give it another chance but I'm really dubious.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

FYI for those not watching the CO web page there is a double xp weekend thing coming up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Opinions vary but I've always felt Defiance is the best tank passive by a big margin. If you really want to be broken you can take Defiance and Inertial Dampening Field. Enrage is a great alternative though, take both, you probably have room. Note unlike most forms, you want to rank IDF (you'd also want the advantage on Enrage too).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Finished leveling my poison character - I was stubborn and resisted taking a def passive but I got near the end and realized I had room, so I took Lightning Reflexes and I'm very happy with how it came out. I'm not even going to retcon, although I don't pretend this is the perfect build:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...7030mTN3T5c3BIR

Name: Mandrake

Super Stats:
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers:
Level 1: Infernal Bolts (Toxin Overload)
Level 1: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Phlebotomist)
Level 6: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Epidemic (Rank 2, Outbreak)
Level 11: Aspect of the Infernal
Level 14: Supernatural Power
Level 17: Pounce
Level 20: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3, Voracious Darkness)
Level 23: Condemn (Redemption Denied)
Level 26: Defile (Rank 2, Plague Bearer)
Level 29: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 35: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2)
Level 35: Ooze Tunneling

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Vindicator: Initiative (2/2)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey y'all storm tanks are fun!

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...B010ZyS2Lxr0cGI

Name: Five Day Forecast

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Squall
Level 6: Ascetic
Level 9: Acrobat
Level 12: Survival Training
Level 15: Field Ops Training
Level 18: Covert Ops Training
Level 21: Martial Training

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt
Level 1: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
Level 6: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Ionic Reverberation
Level 11: Hurricane (Rank 2, Perfect Storm)
Level 14: Defiance
Level 17: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 20: Concentration
Level 23: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 32: Mighty Leap
Level 35: Unbreakable
Level 38: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Persevere (2/2)
Mastery: Sentry Mastery (1/1)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Goons teamed last night, did Serpent Lantern on Elite difficulty, and it was awesome! We herded stuff:

ps then we died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Welp, Night Warrior and Gas Pellets together are busted as poo poo.