Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
But that's not Luke Cage. It's Luke C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So is the only way to install the game now through the Arc client? And if so, how much can I expect to hate it being on my hard drive?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I think I'll take my chances with Steam. I'm feeling a superhero itch and since CoX is no more, this is kind of all I have left.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I'm trying to get back on Gold, but for some reason the stupid billing system refuses to use neither the card it has on record, nor the new one I am trying to add to it. It declines both, despite the fact that I've checked everything on my end and they're both perfectly functional and fine.

Is it worth my time buying a timecard from amazon or something instead?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Flesh Forge posted:

Possibly because they automatically refuse payment to non-US recipients

That could be it. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I finally got them to put the card on. I go to reactivate gold and get "Error updating subscription."

Yup, I'm done.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

LordSaturn posted:

So did I just encounter you as @TCHM in-game?

Yup. Got an email response a couple days ago saying they'd reactivated me. No explanation as to what could have been the problem or what they did to fix it. Whatever, I'll take it.

Been spending most of my time just respecing all my guys and getting back up to speed and trying out the newer power sets that didn't exist last time I played(i.e. Wind/Earth).

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I've got a new Ranged DPS Wind Type and I pretty much keep getting creamed because I aggro everything. What would be a good Defensive passive to bolster my survivability a bit? Everybody tells me to just take Aura of Primal Majesty and call it a day. The stat boosts look really nice, but I don't see what exactly that's going to do for me for staying alive any better. Am I missing something here?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'll try that out instead, save myself a respec token. Already got Stormbringer, so I'll stick with it. Though it means I probably am going to have to wait a bit longer to dabble in mixing Lightning or Ice with my Wind, which was one of the main things that attracted me to it in the first place.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Aw boo... I actually miss this game and wish I could afford to play it again. I keep worrying that it's gonna go the way of the dodos like CoH did and I'll be stuck with nothing but DCUO.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Can't seem to get them to accept the new credit card I'm using since the old one expired. Just get a decline error with no other explanation.

Guess I'm gonna have to go through support.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So what's the current state of the game if I want to play my old Freeform characters without turning them into Archetypes?

If there's no subscription, what are my options?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bluhman posted:

They backpedaled on that change. They're still trying to figure out something. But for now, subscription model still exists.

Well, that's a temporary relief. All of my chars are Freeform, and I have no intention of turning them into Archetypes, or paying out the rear end for all two dozen of them to stay as such.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Flesh Forge posted:

And yes, the Premium pack is free to anyone who had previously subscribed!

Just to be clear, this includes anyone who's ever subscribed, not just people who are currently subscribed?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Have they changed skill trees or how power and point distribution works in any notable way? I haven't played in probably about two years now, and would rather not blow my freeform token on a character who's skill/build is no longer possible or broken.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The Costume and Character Slot texts are flipped.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm sorry. I didn't really mean anything by it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
It's good that CO is still going. It'll be the saddest consolation prize in the event that CoH shoots itself in the foot and gets shut down.