Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Looking for some build advice. Current build is here.

The build is a crit based tank. Crits provide health returns via Adrenaline Rush and energy returns via Form of the Tempest. Basic gameplay is to tap Frost Breath the put chill on the target and then tap spam Ice Blast for Hard Frost until it's dead.

I have three remaining power choices, and I'm not really sure what to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
The tool tip on Concentration says it builds stacks of Focus on maintains/charges. Since I tap spam Frost Bolt, I didn't think Concentration would work very well. I'll pick it up and give it a try in the Power House.

If I switch out Recovery, it would have to be for Intelligence. Ice doesn't have an energy return in the set, and the build doesn't really play well with any of the energy return powers. Bountiful Chi Replenishment is really my only ability with a cool down, but Molecular Self Assembly is still best energy return that I could find.

Swapping out Telekinetic Shield for Force Shield is a good idea. Do you know if it also returns energy during the Force Sheathe portion, or just while you're actually blocking?

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I'm level 40 with my Ice Tank and I'm working on getting the Silver Champion equipment. What's the cheapest way to get a respec so I can redo my power choices so I can swap things like TK Shield for Force Shield?

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
A question on using Strength or Ego as a super stat. The mouse over tool tip for Ego shows like +30% damage in yellow from being a super stat and +20% ranged damage in white like a normal stat.

How do these two values work together? Do they stack for a total of +50% ranged damage? Does the yellow +30% damage supersede the +20%? Or some other weird sort of Cryptic math?

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 8, 2013

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

How are the ice tank dudes? They seem pretty cool, and I like being a tank, although I don't think that there's much need to be a tank in this game?

I have a Con/Ego/Dex Ice Tank I'm pretty happy with. Use Avalanche for minion killing, tap spam Ice Blast with Hard Frost for bosses. It does have occasional energy issues even with Force Shield due to the fact Ice doesn't have a decent energy return.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I'm looking at updating my Darkness DPS character, how does this build look?

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
You could put together a fairly sturdy melee DPS character using Unarmed Martial Arts, I think. My Punchline character has 70ish percent dodge and avoidance with Regen as a passive. Swapping to an offensive passive wouldn't be a huge loss in survivability for her.

The upcoming dodge changes might be bad news for her, though.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

whatspeakyou posted:

I finished my DPS Ice build recently. Never knew that spam tapping ice blast repeatedly could do so much damage.

What are you using for an Energy Unlock? I have an tap spam Ice character as well, just always seem to run out of energy if I'm not being punched in the face.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Are they changing how things work AGAIN?

Content: Can anyone poke holes in this setup for Wombat Man?

I've yet to need anything but Ricochet Throw and Gas Pellets for most stuff, with the possible exception of big boss types, but Evasive Maneuvers is up ever 10 seconds or so and puts me in stealth/wipes aggro for a second Shadow Strike if they somehow survive the first one. Then I have Smoke Bomb on a longer timer to do the same thing.

You might consider Dex primary rather than Ego. My Dex primary characters usually end up with the same crit and a higher crit severity.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Guessing it counts all damage, before any resistance or dodge stuff. It has to, for that kind of stupid.

Also, starting to think that double Best Defense is even better than Best Defense/Agressive Stance (at least once the dodge/crit/off/def patch rolls out). 3.6 Offense for every 1 point of Defense? :monocle:

(e: That's spec-dependent though, but the character I am trying it out on is Con primary. So +20% Def from that, +30% each from Guardian/Warden, then DOUBLE all that Def gets converted of Off...)

Don't you hit the diminishing returns on Offense pretty hard doing that?

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I have an AoPM Laser Sword support build I'm pretty happy with.

It's a much more offensive Support build than a typical healer. Does very respectable dps and moderate passive AE healing. The biggest drawback is a lack of burst and on-demand healing. And Arbiter Mastery is honestly pretty unimpressive, most of your healing comes from Conviction.

I'm in the middle of moving, so I have everything boxed up at the moment, but the basics of the build are here. I'm not completely sure which Telepathy dot she has either, it's the one that heals after it wears off.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Here is the actual build for my Laser Sword support, in case anyone is still interested.

I've been trying the Onslaught stuff out since I got everything set back up, and honestly, I think it could use some work.

Fighting players as a Villain seems to be a trap. The device only transforms you for 15 minutes and I'm consistently able to earn more tokens by killing the NPC objectives rather than players. Maybe I'm just bad at PvP, but the best I can do fighting heroes before time runs out or I'm killed is 25 - 30 tokens. I can regularly earn 50 - 55 just running from NPC checkpoint to NPC checkpoint.

You can fight Villains as your regular character, but there doesn't seem to be much point. The only thing you can buy with the Guardian Tokens is another 15 minutes as a Villain. Currently, the only place to reliably find Villains to fight is in Westside 1. There's usually, there three or four Villains in the area, so you're chance of catching a random one-shot AE is very high. Also, there's a couple of players there that are doing a pretty good job of trolling. They run around killing heroes, but anytime they get close to defeat they use an exploit to heal their Villain character back up or just run away until the 15 minutes expire so the heroes don't get any Guardian Tokens for defeating them. I pretty much just ignore the Guardian Tokens at this point unless I see someone announcing an imminent Villain suicide that I can tag for easy tokens.

I'm really not that impressed with the current implementation. I'll keep killing the NPCs as a Villain to get my tokens for gear, but that's pretty much all I'm going to be doing with it.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
The Winter Event Naughty or Nice mission is buggy as gently caress.

You have to successfully kill Clarence (with credit) before doing the Alert mission. I've never received kill credit for Clarence unless I showed up while he was at > 75% health. You'll show up on the list of contributors, but you don't get mission credit.

Once you have credit for Clarence, you can do the Alert mission. I've only gotten credit for the mission about half of the time. (Edit: Technically, you can do the Alert mission before killing Clarence, but you won't get credit.)

If you successfully get credit for doing the Alert mission, you will lose it as soon as you leave he mission instance but you can still turn the mission in.

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 11, 2015

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
If I were to build a Laser Sword dps build, it would look something like this;
http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&n=&d=1138WAFQd386300920095039H081503A6009L03J5039G049P037G007V03EI040000000011F13SXU03Ug

There is some room for changes in this build. You're not getting a great return on Form of the Tempest without Dex, so you could possible get away with Inertial Barrier for survivability at the cost of some dps. You could also use Force Shield + Sheathe advantage for a little extra energy boost.

Here's some other Laser Sword Builds that have been posted;

Laser Sword Tank by Bluhman
http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...0002ssp3Ugt09gO

Laser Sword Melee Support
http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...0000nI03SXU3Svv

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
The new Icicle archetype is can be purchased with event currency right now, if anyone is interested. Could save you some Zen.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

Brave New World posted:

Has anyone played it yet? I bought it the other day with the Holiday Crap you get from grinding Presents, Finkle Foundry & Clarence, but I haven't actually rolled a toon yet.

I've been having a lot of fun killing Clarence. Something about that event just clicks for me.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it should be fairly solid. All of its powers should synergize pretty well with its stats. I've been thinking about respecing my old Ice tank to something similar to the Icicle since the update messed up her tanking build.

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 21, 2015

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
How about the Might Ultimate? It does good damage with high enrage stacks and has a fairly quick recharge.

I'm not sure Unstoppable boosts range damage, you might check out the Earth passive as I believe it boosts range and melee damage.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Heroic gear going up to 200 tokens from 35 and they're roughly halving the SCR gains from the UNTIL missions? They're taking it from six days to equip a new 40 to over 60. Brutal.

I know they say they are going to add new ways to earn SCR, but I somehow doubt it is going make up for this nerfing.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Form of the Tempest is a form, you can have Way of the Warrior and it active at the same time.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I used to play CO on a pretty regular basis, but so much grinding crap has been added lately that I've pretty much stopped playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I have a lifetime sub, but I was able to claim the free FF slot last night.