Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Use the Long Tech Subligar and call yourself RUN C:\Jeremy.exe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So it turns out the server problems are being caused by hideouts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sale time on the C-Store.

20% off everything, 50% off transformation devices.

Excluded stuff is anything from July: Fantasy costume set, Melee Weapon Pack, Djinns, Tornado Flight, and all hideouts.

Lasts for this weekend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Whats this helmet? I have a lifetime sub and have no idea about half the poo poo I have :smith:

The Art Deco set is exclusive to Lifetime.

It's the Rocketeer one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Does anyone actually buy those transformation items? I mean apparently there's a market for them, and some of them have unique effects and all, but (at least as a gold member) they seem to be basically "become a character that's probably not as good as the one you are, with a costume you can't change".

The Destroid one can solo the Mega Destroids in Resistance, I think. It's supposed to do extra damage and stun robots.

I'm sure RPers buy them. Plus by being a C-Store item, they pretty much hold their value. If you're tired of being a werewolf, someone will swap you for a Vampire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything that's an actual inventory item (So pretty much exclusively devices) doesn't bind. Not even on use.

If you've got ~100g disposable in-game and want any device, just wait. Eventually you can get it for that, because someone will always be desperate to buy some costume piece and offer up their device for 100g.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

doomfunk posted:

As far as the adventures go, they're nice but hardly necessary (unless you want to farm SL elite blues at 40, that is).

Resistance is still run a lot, though. Might be a nice grab to do some grouping with other goons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cryptic's pretty good at sneaking in one or two must have generic costume pieces into each set to make you want them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought Urban just for the boots with straps. Then I didn't end up even playing that character until after the sale started.

I also bought Fantasy just for the rapier, but then it turned out it has the very useful finger hook gloves. The weapon pack ins are going to be dangerous. Soon you'll have to buy a whole set you don't want just to get some cool gun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Groups being split up exiting an instance is a bug that popped up recently, and will probably be fixed in this week's patch. Barring last minute delays, patch day is Wednesday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ColHannibal posted:

So with the tk arc launching tomorrow I assume the changes will as well?

The date ranges always start on Tuesday, but they never actually go out then. Wednesday more likely.

And yes, the changes always go live with the archetype.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know why I do these things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stronghold has always been a solo instance. It's not a lair.

Edit: Also the August release calender is up.

First week is Hideouts phase 3 (Hi-Tech Basement and 60's Retro Moonbase), and the 700 Day Vet Reward (Unnamed so far.)

Second week is the Aftershock complete pack, the Retro Sci-Fi costume set, and apparently a free Respec for everyone.

Blood Moon on 13th and 14th.

Third week is Black Talon Device and Hideout Phase 4 (Primal Cave, Alchemist Sanctum.)

Fourth week is Jetpack, "New Gadget Powers" and the Ranged Weapon pack.

Fifth week is Hideouts 5 (Vigilante Basement, Space Agency Moonbase), Shared Hideout banks and hideout bank slots (This probably means on the AH to buy more.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 26, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most likely because of the Black Talon device. It probably has powers that are being turned into normal ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or not!

Ame posted:

/me looks at the calendar.

Hey, look at that! It IS on the calendar! Well then...

So when we did the Gadgeteering review, we actually wanted to add more powers than we did (well... that's kinda the case with every review, we always have more ideas :) ), and one of the areas we most wanted to hit was additional blaster/ray powers, and converting the Experimental Blaster type powers to using the weapon geo system like the other weapon attacks in game (munitions pistols, martial arts swords, etc.). So, that, along with some new powers, is what we have planned at this time.

Currently, our plan for what is shown on that calendar update is 2 new blaster powers. One of them is largely done - Experimental Pulse Ray - and it is a maintained single target attack. We're still working out the exact details on the other power, so you'll have to wait a bit for more info on that power. Based on feedback and requests from the Gadgeteering review, these 2 powers maintain the "erratic" side of the Experimental Blaster powers from Gadgeteering, but with a little less of the "wacky" side of the powers, unless you opt-in to that via advantages. We want players that want to expand their repertoire of wackiness to be able to do so, but if someone wanted to make a more srsbsns Gadgeteering character with ray-gun-esque powers, these 2 should help them out as well.

I'd still really like to make some more pets for Gadgeteering (and Sorcery, and Elemental sets, and ... you get the idea) at some point, but that isn't what we're planning for this upcoming release.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

OP's been updated with the latest patch. And now I need to figure out a good Telekinesis build. For both ranged and melee. :ughh:

There's too many powers. You'll want to pick one or the other.

These are my picks at 37 for melee (Not in any particular order, just listing from my power menu):
Super Dex/Rec with Quick Trigger (Ego as my tertiary through talents)
Ego Blade w/ Incisive Wit
Ego Weaponry w/ Siphoning Strikes (This advantage is amazing)
Ego Blade Annihilation Rank 2 w/ its unique
Ego Blade Breach Rank 3
Telekinesis (For fun)
Ego Blade Frenzy Rank 3
Id Mastery Rank 3
Mental Discipline Rank 3
Ego Surge Rank 2
Force Shield w/ Force Sheath
Ego Blade Dash
Ego Reverb

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

I meant "one of each" yeah. Hmm, what other sets have such a drastic split like that? Supernatural used to, but it was since split off. Munitions has the dual pistols/military weapons split, but there's no real reason you can't mix and match there. But TK's now basically two different powersets that share a damage type.

Ice's isn't as drastic, but it has the Shatter/Cold Snap etc. interaction that's just a waste of time, and then just Avalanching everything.

Power Armor has its toggle gimmick versus the one-offs like Laser Sword and Chest Beam. That's about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

There's too many powers. You'll want to pick one or the other.

These are my picks at 37 for melee (Not in any particular order, just listing from my power menu):
Super Dex/Rec with Quick Trigger (Ego as my tertiary through talents)
Ego Blade w/ Incisive Wit
Ego Weaponry w/ Siphoning Strikes (This advantage is amazing)
Ego Blade Annihilation Rank 2 w/ its unique
Ego Blade Breach Rank 3
Telekinesis (For fun)
Ego Blade Frenzy Rank 3
Id Mastery Rank 3
Form of the Tempest
Ego Surge Rank 2
Force Shield w/ Force Sheath
Ego Blade Dash
Ego Reverb

I've revised this just a touch.

I replaced Mental Discipline with Form of the Tempest. The damage boost is significantly higher, and the build doesn't use ranged attacks anyway.

I also took Inertial Dampening Field with my next pick, for some extra defense.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 28, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It still makes objects implode themselves if there's nothing else in range of them, too.

Edit:
Has anyone done a Freeform Ice build? I'm looking for some early power selection recommendations.

I've started Ice characters about 4 times, but I always abandon them early because Ice might very well have the worst early level power selection in the game.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 28, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

delfin posted:

I'd disagree with this, Ice has ways of becoming viable pretty quickly. The starter attack (Ice Blast) with the Hard Frost advantage does excellent tap damage on Chilled opponents.

Yeah but Fire and Electricity become 'god drat amazing' pretty quickly. Viable by comparison isn't fun.

Maybe I should do a Fire/Ice hybrid...

quote:

A CON/END Darkness build can take Imbue, which just makes Ebon Ruin even more ridiculous. Circle of Ebon Wrath, Dark Trans, tap Ruin, Imbue, full Ruin is an easy 5K autocrit, leaves the target (if they're still alive) Feared (+15% more damage from Ruin), taking DoT, and 10% debuffed against Dimensional damage, and I still have energy in the tank for another full Ruin, or to throw out Shadows to nip at its heels or use Shadow Shroud to jack it up even further.

The problem is that 5k is really low damage in Champions, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Still, since there's no real reason not to do Dex/Ego as a TK Sword build, and Focus gives higher net melee damage and more energy regen, Form of the Tempest still tends to be better in practice.

Or /Rec, since Ego Reverb scales from that and it's an energy heavy set.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Newest art update is awesome.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/595450

Bubble helms. New rayguns. Awesome jetpacks.

Also this:

quote:

I want to note that we’ve been keeping an eye on player’s concerns and have a solution in place for existing Jet Packs as well, which will be rolled out alongside a selection of these beauties.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can probably use the Tesla chestpiece to be Perfect Krogan too.

Someone needs to make Wrecks and Shepherd and just have their "conversation" constantly somewhere public.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Correct. Passives are universal now.

Also I did this for the hell of it:

I know dozens of pubbies have too, but none of them will probably play along with Krogan.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 30, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Double post!

Just got an honorable mention in a Duo Costume Contest. You could have been there Pingu, way to drop the ball.

I'm starting to rethink that decision on Vermire.

The Garrus is jjac. I don't know what his forum name is. It might even be jjac.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Say something in the channel if you're looking for people to team with. There's always people around. They might not chat or answer questions, but when you're offering a team they usually speak up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Persian veil, maybe?

Edit: Oh right. I was thinking it was eyes, but it's a mouth accessory.

By the way, imgur destroys costume files so uploading them there is pointless.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 1, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you just want to team in general, forget it until like Vibora. The game's not built for that, you spend too much time outside, and it's usually more dull than soloing.

You're also probably not going to find goon teams early on weekends, or during typical work hours in this game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STO has autoteaming. It's annoying, nobody uses it.

People generally don't want to be randomly slapped into teams.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Does Reaper's Caress make an ok substitute for Scything Blade? I originally wanted to use scything blade as my starter power(like all the guide builds suggest) but I can only start with Reaper's Caress.

Once you get to the powerhouse, retcon out of Caress and take Scything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chat's by character right now. Some will connect on login, some won't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've had enough perks now that I have the cash to do it right out of the tutorial.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I've been looking this up, but is there really no way to send resources to your alts? The suggested way is to buy something expensive, send the item to your alt, then resell it, but is there a less convoluted way of doing this?

Nope.

Also the specific items you want to buy are on the crafting vendors.

They're at the bottom of the list, they have them for .5, 1 and 2g (Plus change.) They sell for the same as you buy them for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's really wrong of you to have a Retro Sci-Fi character that isn't Munitions, if that's what you're asking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Bah. Munitions has too many bullets and rockets, not enough vague energy weapon laser blasty things. :colbert: Which on that note makes me wonder if the Gadgeteering additions later this month will add enough blaster powers to make a viable subset there.

No. It adds 2.

doomfunk posted:

IMO retro scifi = lasers and sonic weapons and heat rays and other things that go woobwoobwoob or fweeeee when you shoot them.

Yeah, but Experimental Blaster and the other one suck so your best choice is still Munitions with a Shelley blaster skin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Friendly Factory posted:

I've been kinda blitzing through some free MMOs since I finally upgraded my PC recently and I think this one has grabbed me the most. One question though: is it possible to respec for free or do I have to buy something with real money to do so? I don't want to gently caress up my character irreversibly.

Gold members get one free respec when they hit 40.

You have to pay any other time. You can pay with in-game currency too, but that quickly becomes too expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you have any other questions, don't forget to join the channel. There's always people in there who can help.

Edit: Unless it's like 10am or something. I just noticed Warlocke was on then asking stuff and nobody was around.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 2, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

terminal mehmet posted:

There are also retcon tokens that are given out for free when they do a major overhaul to some powers. I'm not sure if Gold members get those. Probably not.

Yeah, but you can't really count on those. The one we got with the last patch was the first in months.

Also, I assume you meant Silver there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lifetime is just considered Gold. When you buy it you get bonuses like extra character slots, 2 costume sets, immediate access to the VIP lounge, a forum and in-game title, and ugly Lifetime emblems. After that, it's just Gold.

People on the forums will act as if it's a different tier but it's because they're idiots.

Edit: Ran across another clone. This one's actually decent, though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Found out how to have 3 companions out at the same time.