Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I'll be heading over to Japan in about 3 weeks to start working there. I've been looking at getting an iPhone as my mobile while I'm there. I'm just wondering that, after the end of my work contract, will my Japanese iPhone be able to be used in Australia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

My current contract is coming up, and I'm thinking of switching back to Android with a Note 3.

Only problem is I want to take it back to Australia when my work contract finishes in August next year. If I get the phone through Docomo and have them unlock it, will it work on all network bands in Australia? I read the other day that US/EU versions had some region locking that was not working correctly when you tried to unlock. Is that likely be a problem with an Asian region phone?

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

Thanks for the info Kenishi. I presume I could get around that if I unlock it at a Samsung support centre in Australia though?

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Mother in law ended up getting rental iPhones from Softbank. It says tethering isnt included in the unlimited data, but what about wireless hotspot?

No, it counts as using your data.

• Locked thread