Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't get the image to show up on my phone, but guessing from the position I think maybe 18 is supposed to represent a graph of a stock market crash or recession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

NicelyNice posted:

If I need service on my iPhone, do I contact Apple or SoftBank?
It's a one-year warranty, right?

Softbank will just give you a new one for most problems if you're within the warranty period. I took mine in outside of the warranty period and they offered to sell me a new one at a discount, but then I found somebody to fix it for less. Easy enough to ask, anyway.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

tarepanda posted:

Can anyone explain to me how Japanese landline phone numbers work? I'm always confused about what the hell I'm supposed to dial when an ad or something only shows four digits.

That means the first 6 (or 5 or 4) digits are common to everyone in the area. Fewer and fewer people are doing this now because most people use cell phones and don't necessarily know the local area number. I think you still have to dial the whole number, though, or at least the 7 digit number. From a cell phone you have to use the whole thing.

For example, in some parts of my prefecture numbers are listed in 7 digits because the 3 digit area code is common to the whole city, but in other places they list 6 or even 5 digits, because the numbers before that are the same for everyone in the area.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

peanut posted:

I don't have a smartphone anyway, just wanna txt friends and then call them when I get lost on the way to their house. Will check into T Mobile for SIM cards, thx.

If all you want to do is call and text, you can get a simple prepaid phone at Best Buy or Target for like $19.95 and just put minutes on it every time you go home. I got a T Mobile one and it was $30 for a ton of minutes that I couldn't even use up in 3 weeks, and it's nice to have the same number every time I go back, with all my friends' information already in it.

Kenishi posted:

Also the fact that very few Japanese use softbank as well always kind of bugged me.

You certainly have some interesting ideas. Softbank wouldn't be one of the biggest phone companies in Japan if Japanese people didn't use it.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

Still not sure why foreigners using it makes it a bad company? Is it so other foreigners won't want to call you or something?

• Locked thread