Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
basch
May 24, 2014

Help!

I arrived in Tokyo today, expecting my portable wifi to be in the mail, but it's not there and I'm getting out of Tokyo tomorrow at noon so I can't wait here for a redelivery. Anyone can recommend a shop I can rush to in the morning to buy portable wifi or a data sim card? I don't need a phone number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basch
May 24, 2014

I'm staying at an airbnb apartment, so I had its address put down for delivery. And I did clear it with the host beforehand, but it wasn't in the mailbox when I arrived :( the mailbox isn't frequently cleared, so it was full of spam and maybe the package didn't fit, or it plain didn't arrive - I can't tell because the company (eConnect Japan) doesn't send notices on successful delivery.

basch
May 24, 2014

Anaxite posted:

I was at a Yodobashi store yesterday and saw that they now stock visitor data SIMs. Maybe it's store-dependent?

Do you remember which store? I'm heading to Akihabara today.

basch
May 24, 2014

So I was checking out Yodobashi at Shinjuku and they do have sim cards for visitors, but I didn't actually buy one because nearby Y!Mobile rents out mobile wifi. If anyone's ever unlucky enough to be in my situation though it's worth checking out both options to compare.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

• Locked thread