Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I finally need to bow to the reality that I need a smartphone; aside from my 4-year-old Aquos Shot 002SH literally falling apart due to wear and tear (still chugs along, though, no drop ever cracked the screen, though the accumulated damage to this thing is hilarious), I have a laptop now that I need a tethering connection for.

I'm on Softbank so, assuming my visa renewal that I pick up tomorrow ends up being longer than a year, which of these three smartphones would be the best option?

e: I don't want an iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Well, Softbank currently has a promotion going where if you have a flip phone you can exchange it for a smartphone for free. I need to check the conditions, though, and see if I'm eligible (Xperia seems to be included in the promotion based on glancing at a kiosk for a couple of minutes). Noted on the May 1st thing.

This becomes doubly relevant now because my visa renewal ended up being only 1 year. Again. gently caress

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Dai posted:

If I can get my current phone unlocked, that would save me a whole lot of cash. It really, really irritates me that Softbank won't (not can't) unlock an iPhone that was purchased before May of last year.
This is the precise reason I held off buying my Xperia Z3 until exactly 5/1/15 even after a need to change from galakei to smartphone finally developed (being tethering). Even then I had to somewhat strongarm the clerk into letting me have the phone on contract (as opposed to paying for it upfront in cash) since I've been unusually unlucky recently in not being able to procure a visa longer than 1 year duration.

• Locked thread