Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Tec man, that's some dedication. I do think it reflects how Deus Ex has so much coverage in the media though.

Honestly, its almost a bit too much... I've started to see boring level design (up in the floof levels) and I'm starting to question my interest in the game.

Also the green man discount... its as if Eidos Montreal doesn't trust in their shipped game.

Please talk me out of these negative thoughts. I love Deus Ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

DX:HR has a UNATCO theme? I hope Jensen doesn't do something dumb like behead the Statue of Liberty with his sword arms.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Also I saw this after playing some Home Front (gotta do something)

I entered my code from the boxed copy I had, so maybe other people will get this too.

Apparently even people who bought from GMG get that too? But that's not right... right?

Honestly, if only Valve told us of this awesome pre-order promo, I think everyone would've pre-ordered from Steam.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Well I'm finally getting a chance to play through DX:HR, which has been in my backlog since I pre-ordered it a year ago. It definitely does not disappoint and reminds me of all the great times I've had with DX1. I wish there was a way to import and play DX1 music for the nostalgia. UNATCO theme and brief hummings of the DX1 theme could've been expanded upon :)

Playing this game as a stealth hacker spy with great platforming abilities feels great. The hacking minigame gets to be fun and the sense of subverting physical security systems feels more empowering than ever. Snooping on corporate emails in Heng Sha and piecing the puzzle together makes the player feel smart.

A lot of people seemed to have complained about stealth being heavily pushed by the game. Contextually, it always seems to make sense to be stealth and silent (but also deadly.) I'm at Montreal right now and the idea of stealthing past the ambush seems like the best way to make the Belltower goons look useless and incompetent. It's the sweetest revenge to make the big defense contractor look foolish and potentially lose it's contract.

• Locked thread