Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reive
May 21, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Head bobbing is annoying as hell in games, it's exaggerated and doesn't make sense. The human head bobs up and down as they move, yes, but you never actually notice it.

I notice it, thanks to OCD I kinda go out of my way to notice things that arn't normally apparent, which is the reason why I can't stand games that don't have head bobbing, to me it changes the feel of the motion making movement feel floaty in a dreamy sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Disagree on both statements.
I felt that stealth was too effective compared to pure combat and that boss fights are more that just shoot-it-until-it-dies.

Also,

My desktop is sooo augmented.
I searched 20 pages on google images looking for the amazing one I have on my other PC, and not a sight of it, I feel unique, I'll post it next time I'm on it.

e:

ariagloris posted:

I love you.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Adam/Sarif prefers convenience before subtlety.

I'd like to imagine he leaves his firewire for it on his desk and headslams into it for easy access.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Everdraed posted:

Great work, that looks awesome, and has sated my desire to make one myself. However, I do have a humble offering:

If you don't notice a difference, try putting it in winamp.

I don't use winamp, what's the audio type (if it is audio)?

Reive
May 21, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

It's What a shame

I figured something like that, got it to work.

Also a request, does anyone have the pixel font that's used in communication messages?
The one that looks like this, I removed the drop-shadow to make it easier to identify but it didn't really help.

EDIT: Gah forgot this was the HR thread, font from DX1.

Reive fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 14, 2011

Reive
May 21, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The 360 version also apparently has pretty long load times, up to a minute. The PC version, the leak anyways, the load times were near instant.

Oh God no, no, no!

Please for the love of all that is good do not let my OCD ruin this game for me! :suicide:

Reive
May 21, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

It's true, the largest areas load up in the typical DNF loading time, everything else is five~ten seconds.

Mind explaining how long that is?
The demo of DNF takes 2 minutes to load it's areas, don't know how the final game compared.
And is that installed or not?

But honestly anything over thirty seconds is too long for a modern game, I really hope this and Skyrim won't suffer from Oblivion syndrome.

Reive
May 21, 2009

God drat why does the loading have to suck? :qq:

Reive
May 21, 2009

precision posted:

edit: ^^^^ Considering how close you have to get to interact with things, I would say playing without highlighting is just masochistic.

PS3 version has better (ie, basically non-existent) loading times. Other than that, I guess it depends which controller you like better.

According to the comparison tests this is dead wrong.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Quick request, can someone get me a high-res straight on shot of a certain piece of in-game graffiti?

It looks like a little girl falling into a giant gaping mouth iirc, I think it's in both the Detroit and Hong Kong streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Tecman posted:

Are you talking about this? :)

edit: Because I think this one is cool too:

You truly are the best OP ever! :glomp:

• Locked thread