Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swartkrans
Sep 3, 2006

The goon librarian.
I haven't had any problems with 10.3.8 and VMware Fusion, but I saw an upgrade for VMware Fusion immediately after upgrading. I did have to restart the 10.8.3 upgrade, it was stuck at 4 min left for over an hour. Restarting the computer during an upgrade is a little scary. Everything was fine after the second attempt though. No idea what happened.

swartkrans fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swartkrans
Sep 3, 2006

The goon librarian.

Diabolik900 posted:

I'm trying to install the 10.8.3 update on my early 2008 iMac. I downloaded it from the App Store and let it restart when it asked me to. Should I be concerned that it's been on this "Installing Software Update" screen with the barber pole progress bar for a good 25 minutes now?

Edit: a hard reboot and second try seems to have fixed it.

This happened to me too and second try worked. Wonder how common this is.