Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does Time Machine work better with some sort of network attached storage compared to a locally attached one? Time Machine loves to poo poo itself and tell me the disk has become read only. This problem has been across multiple disks, os x versions, connections (usb 2.0 and fw 800). It works one days and randomly fails the next, requiring me to come in and disconnect the external drive and let it sit for a minute before hooking it back up.

Alternatively, is there a better backup solution on OS X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My mother's imac is at the lower end of the requirements to upgrade - 2.4ghz core 2 duo (24 inch). Does mavericks run well at that end?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bob Morales posted:

As long as you have 3-4GB you should be good for browsing the web and iTunes and such.

It has 4gb. I think the most intensive thing she uses it for is some light editing in iMovie (not even hd though, just 640x480 footage from her older camera). does imovie get updated with whatever they were talking about w/r/t ilife and iwork?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I upgraded my mother's iMac to 10.9 this morning, but I'm not getting the option in the app store to download the iMovie update for free. Is this something I'll have to contact apple support for?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Her apple ID was definitely attached to her account in 10.8, not sure if earlier.