Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Incredibly stupid question.

I recently bought an iMac and I'm trying to print something from Pages for the first time. For some unknown reason, the document is printing with the little triangles that denote a tab or whatever. How the hell do I get it to stop doing that?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I had to "Accept Changes" in the Tracking bar.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sorry if this is a "duh" question, but anyone know of a good site for OS X Lion screensavers, preferably animated? I know I can just Google it, but I'd rather get them from a site that's not going to gently caress me with all kinds of added bullshit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IUG posted:

I've been using Electric Sheep forever.

http://electricsheep.org/

Fake edit: Shirts! :v:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Okay, a little too complicated for me...

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 12, 2011

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I like the idea of a fireplace screensaver. Or an aquarium. Or some other boring cliche poo poo.

And yes, I realize the screen isn't actually being saved because it's not a CRT, I still like 'em.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

royalejest posted:

Recently, my iMac has started dropping my wifi connection periodically.

It's a 2011 iMac with the most recent version of Lion, and turning airport on and off fixes it, and if I boot up in Windows 7, it works fine, which makes me think it's some kind of software rather than hardware issue.

It's not tied to activity, and I can't figure what triggers it. Tried turning off Bluetooth, reordering my network types to prioritize wifi, forgetting the network, adding a different DNS server, and setting a static IP, but nothing has fixed it yet.

Anyone else run into anything similar and fixed it somehow?

I've actually had a similar problem with the wifi connection. And like you, it's a 2011 iMac with the most recent version of Lion. I'm also interested to see if anyone knows what's going on.

Also, I downloaded the new update for Safari and now it's making GBS threads the bed. Several websites, including these forums, simply will not load. The bar will go about three-fourths of the way across, then the page will turn white. After that, it'll either stay that way or eventually time out. I'd really appreciate some help here, thank you in advance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've actually had a similar problem with the wifi connection. And like you, it's a 2011 iMac with the most recent version of Lion. I'm also interested to see if anyone knows what's going on.

Also, I downloaded the new update for Safari and now it's making GBS threads the bed. Several websites, including these forums, simply will not load. The bar will go about three-fourths of the way across, then the page will turn white. After that, it'll either stay that way or eventually time out. I'd really appreciate some help here, thank you in advance.

Well, the former problem still exists, but the latter seems to have rectified itself somehow during the day. Since I got home from work, Safari has been loading everything just fine, maybe even faster. Fingers crossed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, just downloaded something in Xvid format and I'm looking for a safe, free codec for my iMac running Lion 10.7.2

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cyne posted:

http://perian.org/

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.