Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As long as they don't gently caress up the tvOS with their lovely bloatware content packaging solution. I'm very much not interested in whatever it is that they have to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Last Chance posted:

Life's way too short to be worrying about poo poo like that
Someone post the accidental live photo a woman posted of her engagement ring where her fiance runs up and waves his dick in the background.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're posting in it!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for designing the ultimate titanium credit card Jony.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure how this is wildly different than their current TV app implementation other than the fact that they've rebranded the individual services as ala carte "channels".

Which is good because the current TV app implementation is good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol here's where they invite a bunch of Hollywood celebs on stage and it gets awkward.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
About This Mac > Software Update
or
System Preferences > Software Update

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used Colloloquy back in the day but also remember it being extremely mediocre.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That post hurts my brain to read.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
256 aac is extremely high quality

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lambert posted:

Not really, no.
Yeah really, yes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lambert posted:

Not really, no.

https://cdvsmp3.wordpress.com/cd-vs-itunes-plus-blind-test-results/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lambert posted:

When ripping CDs, I'm not going to settle for adequate quality. I'm ripping lossless. If you're happy with bad quality, go ahead. But please shut up about it.

Really, shut up about it.
You're the dude who started a slap fight over whether or not a file format that's indistinguishable from the source material 99.7% of the time could be classified as high quality.

If it makes you sleep better at night knowing you've got a FLAC library, that's fine, but don't act like you or anybody else in this thread could pass a double blind test, because we can't.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cool thing I just noticed which has seemingly been long overdue is that they FINALLY updated the DVD Player app. Maybe it was a while ago and I've just never noticed but I was so used to the old jank skeuomorphic design.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
idk if you're really locked into the ecosystem for any specific reason but I don't know a single person in the world that actually uses the Twitch app. I remember trying it out when it first came out and it was pretty bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ever since I ditched my iPhone for a Pixel the targeted ads I've been receiving have been crazily on point. I've never been one to complain about targeted ads and in general I think it's a good thing, but the fact that I've never knowingly offered up any of this specific information and yet they're able to serve me an ad for something on Instagram 20 seconds after I did a Twitter search on my computer for it is really eerie. Google definitely traffics in the user data business more than most.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
iTunes has always worked flawlessly for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used SecuritySpy a long long time ago and it was really good and full featured. I think it was $20 at the time but I had no complaints, although I guess there's probably more out there in terms of options nowadays.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I liked when they added the album art view that expanded to show the track listing. That was fairly slick, although I think I remember they nixed the dark mode in one of the later updates to that.

Note I only ever use iTunes to browse and listen to a meticulously organized and tagged library of music and nothing else. It's worked great for me in that regard, but I can see things falling apart quickly once you try to use it for anything else. Hopefully the new music app takes everything that works and ditches the rest.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I use Spotify whenever I'm in a "radio station" mood, but before Spotify existed I remember genius playlists being pretty good. Contrast that with Apple Music's artist radio which (at the time I tried it) was awful.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wait you switched hardware platforms for........ Winamp?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
New iTunes looks exactly like what I wanted. Hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's a driver?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There was an old paid app called Duet that offered basically the same functionality and it was pretty nice but then I got a 5K display and stopped worrying about extra real estate. The using it as a tablet for input seems awesome for artist though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's ethical to pirate Adobe software because they specifically don't support older versions in order to get people on new subscriptions.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AlternateAccount posted:

That appears to be a big negative. Hilarious.
How is it hilarious? Why are you running beta software if it's your only device? Why would they put a way to install beta software onto your iPad into a beta version of Catalina?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I use Wipr and haven't had any issues with it at all but I think people were talking poo poo on it a while ago so it might suck or steal or your data or something I'm not sure.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I use a combination of BetterTouchTool (three finger click to invoke screenshot command) and Dropzone to upload screenshots to Imgur in seconds.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Skeezy posted:

So is there a reason why every time a Chrome update comes out I get the same error 12 when I update? I end up having to uninstall Chrome and then reinstall it.
Same here. I just chalk it up to Google being Google.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Delete your iTunes Library file and import the giant cluttered directory while allowing iTunes to manage and sort your files. That will take everything in the scavenged folder and sort them in folders based on meta data.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Some super convoluted solution of turning it on and off again, signing out and then in of iMessage on both your phone and your Mac, enabling handoff through messages and hoping your phone number then decides to show up in the list. Good luck.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gay Retard posted:

It sounds like Apple might knock it out of the park on Tuesday:

• iPhone and iPad Updates
  • Apple Watch Refresh/Update (OLED display, titanium and ceramic options, sleep tracking, better battery life)
  • iMac Update (Minor speed bumps?)
  • 16" MacBook Pro Refresh
  • AirPods 3 Refresh (Noise Cancelling)
  • Apple TV update (New Remote?! Pack-in Controller? Game-focused with Apple Arcade)
  • "Tile" tracking devices (with AR support - point your phone to where the tile is and it shows a digital balloon attached to the tile. I'd love to put one of these things on my dog's collar)
  • Some sort of "one more thing" AR/VR device?

Did I miss anything?
The only "knock it out of the park" thing in this list is the new 16" MacBook.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The problem with the SE isn't the screen size it's that the OS didn't support a higher resolution to offer more real estate. A jailbroken SE with increased resolution is the greatest phone in the world.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Last Chance posted:

Wouldn’t this make the touch targets too small?
I suppose that's their reasoning for not allowing it in stock, but I used it exclusively for 3 years and never had any issues with it.

I also understand I'm in the extreme minority but God every time I pick up my old SE I get so envious. It's like the perfect form factor for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I switched to a Pixel 3 which I believe is on the smaller end of most phones nowadays and I still wish it were smaller.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gay Retard posted:

It sounds like Apple might knock it out of the park on Tuesday:

• iPhone and iPad Updates
  • Apple Watch Refresh/Update (OLED display, titanium and ceramic options, sleep tracking, better battery life)
  • iMac Update (Minor speed bumps?)
  • 16" MacBook Pro Refresh
  • AirPods 3 Refresh (Noise Cancelling)
  • Apple TV update (New Remote?! Pack-in Controller? Game-focused with Apple Arcade)
  • "Tile" tracking devices (with AR support - point your phone to where the tile is and it shows a digital balloon attached to the tile. I'd love to put one of these things on my dog's collar)
  • Some sort of "one more thing" AR/VR device?

Did I miss anything?
lolling @ this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This is your penance for using light themed YouTube.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there any reason you need to update to Catalina? I usually do a format and a fresh install every year because I'm a neat freak but this time I'm just gonna wait a few months. Not so much because of the 32-bit controversy but more that I have everything set up the way I want it and I've been very happy with Mojave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Krankenstyle posted:

I've been installing on top of the same installation since at least Jaguar lol
I understand that this is largely a flawless experience but I've still got stuff stuck in my Windows 2000 brain about hidden registry entries and weird system files that formatting and installing fresh helps me sleep at night. Also it cuts out the clutter since I generally only reinstall stuff as I need it so stuff that I never use doesn't just sit around forever.