Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

some kinda jackal posted:

I'm still baffled why certain things accept biometrics (fingerprint) for authentication and some things don't. I can do much of what I need on my macbook with my index finger, but if I want to view a secret in Keychain.app I have to type in my giant password.

I'm sure there's some kind of logic here, but it escapes me. To me it feels very inconsistent. I'd understand if it was prompting for password on first launch of Keychain, or if an authentication timer had expired, but it just doesn't seem to support biometrics at all.

iOS does this poo poo too. If I want to download an app, sometimes FaceID is okay, sometimes it wants my password, and other times it wants me to double-click the side button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Even with the recent massively increased availability of GPUs I still haven't seen any 3060ti's available.