Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

~Coxy posted:

Not sure that this has an answer, but Vuze on 10.7 will not transfer any data. It manages to open connections but then "stalls".

I've tried switching to the 32 bit JRE, and installing a Java 7 beta. Any ideas for something else to try?

Use Transmission since it's not a pile of java trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Jiblet posted:

1. How can I remove an app from launchpad? Right now I have a ton of apps that I never/rarely use taking up space and I'd rather avoid bundling them all into a "junk" folder. Can I just remove them from the launchpad?
Google says ctrl - option - command and click, but that seems to have been a beta thing only as it doesn't work on my install at least.

2. How can I quickly clear the screen to get at the desktop? used to be 4 fingers up but that's mission control now which doesnt seem to let me get at stuff on the desktop.
Eg I just downloaded a dmg file in Chrome, mounted it... but now its sat there as a drive on the desktop which I cant easily get at. (Or at least not as easily as previously).

System Prefs -> Mission Control to set up a key or hot corner

Spread with 4 fingers by default in Trackpad prefs.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

KingEup posted:

Why are the half dozen PDF files I have open stacked and obscuring each other? How do I make them unstack?

Two finger scroll when the mouse is over the preview windows and it will spread them out.

Or you can assign application windows to a key or hot corner in mission control preferences.

Either way it's not gone at all.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 23, 2011

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

KingEup posted:

I have an iMac with click button mouse. What do I do?

Try the scroll wheel? Either way read my edited post, it's all in Mission Control preferences.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

grahm posted:

I'm getting this too, 2011 MBP too. Wasn't sure if I had something weird running eating up the battery, or if it's because of Lion.

Check activity monitor, I have a 2011 MBP as well and I get the same battery life that I did with 10.6.

Ivan Dolvich posted:

This may be a dumb question but I am new to Mac. I just got one of the new Macbook Airs today, and the App Store keeps telling me I have updates for the 3 programs in iLife (iPhoto etc). However, whenever I try to update them, it tells me I need to buy them, even though they came pre-installed. At the least I'd like to get rid of the annoying notification telling me I have updates. Anyone know how I can update them, or get rid of the notifications?

Did you try Software Update?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Cool little hack to enable 10.7 fullscreening in any application that doesn't yet support it. Just enabled it in Lightroom, have to say it's pretty awesome.

YMMV obviously, and make backups/only work on copies of apps for the love of god.

Or you can just use Maximizer by iPhone hacker chpwn which works in all apps and requires no permanent fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

So I'm having kind of a weird issue, basically I can't authenticate at all. sudo still works but any time there is a password dialog I can't log in. It still recognizes when I enter an incorrect password, but entering the correct one doesn't do anything at all. It even happens on the login screen, if I try to log out and back in it will just throw me right back to the login screen.

This means that I can't install software updates, use any of the system preferences that require authentication, or use my boot camp partition in VMWare. Kind of an issue.

There's something weird going on with Kerberos, when I try to authenticate this appears in /var/log/secure.log:

pre:
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in od_record_check_pwpolicy(): retval: 0
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in od_record_attribute_create_cfstring(): returned 2 attributes for dsAttrTypeStandard:AuthenticationAuthority
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Establishing credentials
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Got user: sam
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Context initialised
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Got euid, egid: 0 0
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done getpwnam()
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done setegid() & seteuid()
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: krb5 user sam doesn't have a principal
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done cleanup3
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done seteuid() & setegid()
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done cleanup4
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: ntlm
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium authorizationhost[330]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: no domain found skipping
Mar  2 12:42:44 iridium com.apple.SecurityServer[30]: UID 501 authenticated as user sam (UID 501) for right 'system.privilege.admin'
The bolded line is where things appear to be going wrong. I've tried resetting kerberos keys with:
pre:
sudo rm -fr  /var/db/krb5kdc /etc/krb5.keytab /Library/Keychains/System.keychain
sudo /usr/libexec/configureLocalKDC
but that didn't do poo poo. Any ideas besides a full reinstall?

edit: this is on 10.7.3

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 2, 2012