Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh phew, you can disable the reversed scrolling direction. As long as I have another computer that can't run Lion, no way in hell am I switching.

And it seems we have to wait for a while before we can do time machine backups to anything other than the time capsule or another mac. You need the latest netatalk version to support all the required AFP features, and that version is closed source (for now) due to the maintainer trying to force NAS vendors to pay him.

http://trick77.com/2011/07/15/about-os-x-lion-nas-time-machine-compatibility-netatalk-gpl-violations/ has all the dirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The new Safari version is probably awesome enough to make me switch back from Chrome, full screen browsing and swiping two fingers left and right to navigate pages is implemented really well.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Hey that's neat, if you set a desktop background it remembers unique ones for each mission control desktop. Did spaces use to do that? (i never really got into using spaces)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A new new Mac is incredibly difficult to rescue data from since the storage is soldered and hooked up to a custom security chip, might as well turn on FileVault. Configure time machine backups to a network share or something to protect it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you could always use awful.app from the appstore now that you have a fancy new-fangled arm mac

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

surprisingly nice of them to have that big list of links to alternative software in the tech note

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Are those actions provided by Apple or some third party like Adobe?
Pretty funny if they break their own first party stuff, at least you still get python3 when you install Xcode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

Multiple-monitor Mac OS question... How do I fix this?

That's Rekordbox, my primary DJ software, opening the corner of one monitor but invisible in the other two. I can't see the top of the window so I can't move it into place. This happens occasionally, seemingly at random, with some of my software, and it's very frustrating. CMD+TAB does nothing.

I have a handful of other issues with my multi-monitor setup... most notably how every time I turn them off and back on (they're on a power conditioner with a master switch, along with my speakers and some of my synths), the window orientation (not monitor orientation) changes; I usually use my right monitor for internet browser but it always comes back on the left. That's something I can deal with, but the above pictured issue is frustrating as hell because I can't do anything but close the software.

Actually, if there's a way to lock certain applications so that they always open in certain monitors, that would be cool. AFAIK there is not?

Use mission control for this, try the top answer from
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/335783/how-do-i-control-which-monitor-an-application-will-appear-on

I think triggering the "show all windows" shortcut in mission control should let you drag that stuck window back on screen too