Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Downloading so slowly. I get to be the guinea pig for Lion at my job, so that should make today a bit more fun (if it finishes by 5).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

How do I do something similar to Spaces now that that is gone? I used to have one space for all my work related programs, one for tweetdeck / other miscellany, and one for music related programs. As it stands now it is just an unorganized clusterfuck of things I don't need constantly visible (like Tweetdeck).

That was probably a very dumb question.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Thanks Molten Llama, decypher and Konec Hry. That comes pretty drat close to what I had before. I had missed that you could make new desktops.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I have a Macbook from 2008 and am considering putting Lion on it. Is there any reason I shouldn't? Someone posted earlier that their laptop seems to run hotter with Lion, and I don't want it to overheat, but I think fullscreen would be really good for web browsing since the screen is so small on this.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Any word on if there was a video driver improvement? I still have the pipe dream that some day games can run close to as well in OSX.