Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is there a utility to see the current CPU speed? My 5,1 Macbook seems like it's never throttling its CPU ever since I upgraded to Lion, making the battery life way worse than it was on Snow Leopard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My install has stalled at 7 minutes remaining, approximately 60% through. It has occasionally flickered to 6 minutes but then goes back up. It's been this way for awhile now. :ohdear: Good thing I did a full backup, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not sure this goes in here or the hardware thread, but I have a new 13" MacBook Pro Retina and the camera LED flashes any time I get a notification. I can't find a setting for this and I'd like to turn it off since it's really distracting - somehow moreso than the notification popups.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My MBP is on the Sierra beta track (currently 10.12.2 Beta) and I'd like to get back on the release track. I have everything backed up on a Time Capsule. If I restore my laptop to factory 10.12.1 will I be able to restore from that backup or will I have to wait until 10.12.2 is out? I ask because I know iOS can't restore a backup made from a newer version, but I don't know if macOS does the same.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cool. I've mostly been annoyed since I turned off the beta updates but it keeps turning them on, but I locked the preferences so *hopefully* it doesn't happen again.