Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003

decypher posted:

Huh? You want to install Win7 from your USB stick right? Bootcamp assistant will not format your USB stick for you, you must do that yourself. Bootcamp partitioned your hard drive for the windows 7 installation, thats all.

You need to format your USB drive with your windows 7 ISO first.

I can confirm that Bootcamp Assistant will indeed format and copy the windows files to the USB stick for you. I did this with my new MBP just last week with no problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003

Daric posted:

Some people are saying that certain USB sticks just won't work. Maybe that's the issue, I'll stop into Best Buy on my way home from work and try a different one.

I have a Kingston 16gb, if that helps at all.